Cadillac Owners Forum banner

so i was cleaning out my granpas warehouse and found a car

9K views 48 replies 21 participants last post by  rpgonzalez 
#1 ·
this car was completely buried under boxes i have been here many times and never knew it existed. It is a 1973 Caddilac Fleetwood 75 limo it has 23,000 miles on it
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Full-size car

See less See more
#5 ·
Also, before you take it on the road, get some newer tires on it. Old tires will at best give bad traction in anything but good weather and at worse delaminate (tread comes off) or have a sidewall split, causing damage to the car.
You'll also need to change all the fluids and probably put some new brakes shoes/ pads on it.

#6 ·
Nice! Had a 73 new. Silver cdv black leather white top. It never ran right due to a intake vacuum leak. Always in the shop. Traded it for a 77. Great looking car. If your going to sell it dont touch anything. Dont even start it. Let the buyer do it. Its worth more that way trust me.

#13 ·
Grandparents are the best! Sit at their feet when you're young and clean up behind them when they're old and you'll never guess how much those things will benefit you. Great car. I like Lexol products myself, though geared towards leather, I see they also make a product specifically for vinyl. I've never used the vinyl product but their stuff for leather treats your leather nicely. If no one here comes up with a product you like, I suggest you ask a reputable auto upholsterer in your area, with a guy who has knowledge of and has worked on or owned older cars... Good luck with it.

#46 ·
That's a cool car to find! I like those big 75s.

That's the exact same thing I was going to say when I saw that picture.
The phones look like they are just for the passenger to talk to the driver which is kind of pointless in a car that size. Even in the 70s the CB car phones had more to them then those ones do.

#16 ·
You sure your granddad wasn't a driver for the 'familia'?
:D

Nice find!!!

#22 ·
OMG! It got a car phone?!

You got some cleaning up to do, but it seems all in good condition. You will have a GREAT ride!!!

#27 ·
You'll probably find a speck of dirt under the float needle. Also if the carb has a plastic float, they tended to soak up fuel and become too heavy. Hard to spot during a rebuild. Just my opinion but the brakes should be looked at prior to the exhaust upgrade. Not for wear but seepage in the hydraulics. Peel back a rubber cup on each wheel cylinder. It should be dry. If wet, it needs replacement. Pull the master cyl. away from the booster, leaving the lines attached, and look for fluid seepage on the pushrod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.