What are your favorite "Classic" Cadillacs? - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, What are your favorite "Classic" Cadillacs? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by disturbio The last great big convertible, the bi-centennial 76... I guess its like the 67 and 68, ...
    70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Re: What are your favorite "Classic" Cadillacs?

Quote Originally Posted by disturbio View Post
    The last great big convertible, the bi-centennial 76... I guess its like the 67 and 68, nearly identical I just think the 68 is a little cooler. I dont know why exactly.
    I love the hide-away head lights! I prefer 68 better too, because the lights in the front are nicer. For the release of the 67 they didn't manage to get the turn signals in in time, so they put them in the bumber. They fixed that in 68 which makes the front look a lot better.

Jeff R is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1970 Coupe De Ville//Cessna 172

My favorite?? That's easy. Whatever one I get to drive!!
    My grandparents had a 77--fire engine red with white landau top and white leather. I always liked the look of that car.
    However my tastes have changed as I get older. After years of driving smaller cars, I like them bigger. We have had our 70 for only a few months now but really enjoy it. Love that looooooooong hood.
    70eldo, 77CDV and CADforce69 like this.

elvishdog is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

The 57 CDV. I was an impressionable 10 yr old when I accompanied my father to look at a 2 yr old 57 that was for sale. White with a dark grey top in pristine condition. "Dad you have to buy this car. Look at those fins." But it wasn't to be when a price could not be negotiated. My heart is still heavy!

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

I really like the 1957s too! Fifty-seven was a great year for cars in general, but the Cads were real standouts. I know there are many who prefer the 1958 models, but for me they didn't have the "coolness" of the 1957s.

Warspite is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1962 coupe (selling), 1995 Seville SLS, 1966 Sedan DeVille

1) Any Model 70
    2) 1962 Coupe. Wonderful one-year roof line, and last of the tasteful fins.
    3) 1966 DeVille. OK, I own a '62 and '66.
    4) 1959 "flat top"
    5) 1939 Sixty Special. Work of Art!
    6) 1976-78 Seville.
    7) 1956-1958 Any Cadillac! Just as classic as the 1955-1957 Chevy.

13ir14314 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 DHS, 1967 Eldorado
    I love any of the classic Cadillac's up until about 1980 but there's one that speaks to me the most. The 1967 Eldorado. I don't know why I like these cars the most. There's just something about its sharp styling and it's only the 67 I like.

ahemtidy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I think, I prefer any from 1960 above These big cadillac's are something that a collector could easily get into. This makes is so that even though the curb
    weight is a lot the car gets up and goes with ease. Large vintage cars from this era are cheap and have all the comforts you could want.

Roger O'Dell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 sts2007 xlr v1941,1947,1948 sedenettes,1957 seville,195

1957,1958 Broughams, I like the appearance of the 29, 30 v-16 I own 1941, 1947,1948 model 61 sedenetts,1957 Eldorado Seville, 1957 Eldorado brougham, 2 1958 Eldorado parts cars, 1960 Coupe Deville, 2005 sts ,and a 2007 xlr driveline

Faded Crest is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '00 SDV, '94 & '99 Eldo, '03 DHS, '66 SDV

To list my favorites does not mean I don't like other year models, of course...

1950-1953 Fleetwood 60 Special
    1961 Coupe DeVille
    1962 Coupe DeVille
    1963-64 Fleetwood 60 Special
    1965 Eldorado Convt.
    1967-1968 Coupe DeVille
    1967-1968 Eldorado
    1975-1978 Eldorado
    1974-1976 Fleetwood Talisman
    1977-1979 Coupe Deville

Randy35630 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1987 Cadillac Brougham, 2013 Honda Civic LX
    Quote Originally Posted by DouglasJRizzo View Post
    In addition to my beloved choices I indicated earlier, I'm going to add the elusive fully equipped '74-'76 Calais.
    I love the Calais. I really love the plaid upholstery in the 75-76 models. I had a 75 Calais coupe for a while. It needed a good bit of rust remediation (a rust through near landau top), but the interior and mechanicals were perfect. It was gold with a brown half vinyl top and brown vinyl interior. I gave 20 piano lessons for the car. The only interior options were 6 way power seat and tilt-telescope wheel. It had a right side remote mirror, too.

----------

[QUOTE="Driver-8;10847978"]

Yes I must agree the 75 76 SDV, with all the windows down, wow what a looker. And the 1976 front end is one of my favorites of all-time on any car.

I had a 75 Sedan de Ville for a while. Brown with tan vinyl top and brown leather. Loaded minus sunroof. It was a nice survivor with one respray. The carpet was a little faded and driver's seat bottom showing age. But overall a nice car. Got lots of looks and cops would pull me over thinking I was running drugs or some other illegal act.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Since this thread went around the first I have been finding myself becoming obsessed with the 71-73 Coupe Devilles. Especially the ones without vinyl tops. I normally love vinyl tops on Cadillacs of all ages, but particularly 70's models because they were so period correct.
    Those coupes have a body line that runs right under the bottom of the top that the top makes invisible and I find extremely beautiful.

I guess it is odd to become so enamored with such a small detail but I just can't get enough of them lately.

image uploading site
    Classic L likes this.

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance
    Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    Since this thread went around the first I have been finding myself becoming obsessed with the 71-73 Coupe Devilles. Especially the ones without vinyl tops. I normally love vinyl tops on Cadillacs of all ages, but particularly 70's models because they were so period correct.
    Those coupes have a body line that runs right under the bottom of the top that the top makes invisible and I find extremely beautiful.

I guess it is odd to become so enamored with such a small detail but I just can't get enough of them lately.

image uploading site
    Dave, I can relate to what you say about small styling details. I think the 69-70 Fleetwood and the 77-79 deVille/Fleetwood sedans without vinyl tops all have a similar curve below the rear window which I love to admire and which is totally obscured by the vinyl top.
    talismandave likes this.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Well Dave, I guess we just have to have our ladies topless to better see their curves.
    Warspite likes this.

Faded Crest is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '00 SDV, '94 & '99 Eldo, '03 DHS, '66 SDV

When I lived in Maine, I always assumed a vinyl top delete Cadillac came from Florida.

Warspite is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1962 coupe (selling), 1995 Seville SLS, 1966 Sedan DeVille

Quote Originally Posted by Faded Crest View Post
    When I lived in Maine, I always assumed a vinyl top delete Cadillac came from Florida.
    I lived the first 35 years of my life in New York, and thought the same. Rare to see ANY '70+ Cadillac, except for Series 75 limos, without a vinyl roof. Even the majority of Olds 98 and Buick Electra wannabees had them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.