What are your favorite "Classic" Cadillacs? - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, What are your favorite "Classic" Cadillacs? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; And how recent was this? Attachment 102451...
    70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Re: What are your favorite "Classic" Cadillacs?

And how recent was this?

Attachment 102451

akaBC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 57 conv 58 CdV 60 conv 67/69 Eldos 67 CdV 72 CdV MORE!

I wonder how many Cimarrons were owned by Dix? .. . . ... .. ... I would suggest that unless stated otherwise, we should expect discussions like this to be narrative, but, when we post such information/opinion, it would be helpful to put sources in parenthesis (llike this) when possible. Thus, other members have a handle to investigate should they so desire (and then report results to the rest of us). I am a Cal State history minor (English, too), BTW. (not 75, Bro, but timeless. . . ), BTW. Were Cimarrons two-door models? Can't remember (my focus being on older makes). If so, just reinforce and modify the car to convertible configuration. I helped my friends in Simi Valley (on Easy Street, no less) turn the first Fox Mustangs into two-seater open cars for dealers like Williams and Galpin Ford. You want a ragtop? As Judy Tenuta would say, "It could happen!" Maybe slipping a 472/500 under the bonnet could happen, too. . . . . . .

Now for the news I've been holing off telling you till the end of this post, my friends. I was transportation-challenged a few weeks ago (the 72 CdV needs TOTAL front end resurrection), and feeling a little low, so, to boost my spirits, I went out and bought myself a CADILLAC! Although too new for my tastes, it is my dependable unit for getting back to The Valley and for shorter trips (although suggested economy is near 25mpg). Tiz a 1993 (sorry--not first-year) El Dorado. The passenger door was caved by a female tweaker, but overall it's in very good condition for its age. Is near ready for paint, and a dark green-with gold (three-stage) I've seen is what I want. Grille will be body color. I really like the wheels, which I've never seen on a car before. Black tires for the understated effect. Whatcha think? Please back me up, guys. . . I don't need to feel foolish (at my age, heh, heh. . . )!

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance

Smile

No one will ever make you feel bad for buying a Cadillac. Plus, we know the ages of your cars but still don't know your age so it is hard (for me at least) to know just how foolish (or not) to judge you as being (so there).

akaBC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 57 conv 58 CdV 60 conv 67/69 Eldos 67 CdV 72 CdV MORE!

Well, I asked for that, didn't I, Bro? Age is such a relative thing, that I understand how relatively foolish I can be. Your remark about never feeling foolish about buying a Cad was very validating, so thanks. I did'n really feel foolish when I bought (actually, traded) for my first one--a 1966 DeVille convert, tan body and top, reddish saddle interior with factory buckets and console) when I was younger than you are now. I still have hopes of finding it again, last sighting being in Simi Valley, CA, some time ago. I sold my 58 Fleetwood at a Williamsburg Kruse auction--so you may have a better chance of seeing that one than I would, though. Still, I oft wonder about many of my former cars--"Where are they now?"

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by akaBC View Post
    Well, I asked for that, didn't I, Bro? Age is such a relative thing, that I understand how relatively foolish I can be. Your remark about never feeling foolish about buying a Cad was very validating, so thanks. I did'n really feel foolish when I bought (actually, traded) for my first one--a 1966 DeVille convert, tan body and top, reddish saddle interior with factory buckets and console) when I was younger than you are now. I still have hopes of finding it again, last sighting being in Simi Valley, CA, some time ago. I sold my 58 Fleetwood at a Williamsburg Kruse auction--so you may have a better chance of seeing that one than I would, though. Still, I oft wonder about many of my former cars--"Where are they now?"
    I can relate - I often search on eBay wondering if one of my former cars will pop up.

Cadillac_Fan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 92 CdV Spring Edition;92 Brougham d'E 305;98 Seville STS

1979 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
    jock82, jock82, Bro-Ham and 1 others like this.

shwhitley is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '75 Sedan DeVille
    The 1975-76 DeVille. I have a sedan but thought i liked the coupe more until I realized the sedan is more rare (fewer made)

1977-79 Seville

1985 deVille
    And my dream car...bicentennial edition eldorado

disturbio is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1969 DeVille convertible, 72 sdv - RIP

56-58 caddies.... obviously 59.

67-68 , stacked headlights make them look like giant gto.., 1968 grill looks a lil better.

69-70 are big and beautiful too.

1967-70 edos, 76 eldos

1990S sts and the xlr? I may not be saying it right, the two door

Driver-8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1979 Seville, 1999 Jeep GC Ltd

A pretty easy list for me, I'll do it in chrono:

1966 Eldorado Convertible

1966 Fleetwood Brougham

1974 Fleetwood Brougham (I just like the Fleetwood B-pillar, new dash and last yr round h-lamps that year. it just all works so well together)

1976 Coupe DeVille (I still lust after these cars same as I did riding my bike on the dealership lot in 1976 as a boy)

1976-1979 Seville -A truly timeless Classic. (Also wanted one of these from day 1. Took decades, but I finally have it in the garage).

1979-1985 Eldorado, especially a triple white Biarritz, what a beauty. (Mom had one). Never build 'em like that again. (But, let's NOT mention the HT4100)

and, my personal most hated Cadillac ever....... the 1986-1991 Eldorado (yes, even worse than a Cimarron, which actually was a really nice, expensive Cavalier)

CaddyGas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Driver-8 View Post
    A pretty easy list for me, I'll do it in chrono:

1966 Eldorado Convertible

1966 Fleetwood Brougham

1974 Fleetwood Brougham (I just like the Fleetwood B-pillar, new dash and last yr round h-lamps that year. it just all works so well together)

1976 Coupe DeVille (I still lust after these cars same as I did riding my bike on the dealership lot in 1976 as a boy)

1976-1979 Seville -A truly timeless Classic. (Also wanted one of these from day 1. Took decades, but I finally have it in the garage).

1979-1985 Eldorado, especially a triple white Biarritz, what a beauty. (Mom had one). Never build 'em like that again. (But, let's NOT mention the HT4100)

and, my personal most hated Cadillac ever....... the 1986-1991 Eldorado (yes, even worse than a Cimarron, which actually was a really nice, expensive Cavalier)
    I love the 76 Sedan deVille also! The pillarless hardtop styling is something only found on high end coupes these days, I think that will be my next Cadillac!

86 to 91 Eldo?! I agree the 86 and 87 are generic and awful, although the quick 88 redesign brought out some fun old school Cadillacness to it that I admire, but with that said I probably would never seek one out but would enjoy one if the right one happened to present itself, especially a yellow one!

Cimarron is novel, I still want to take an 80's Cavalier and a Cimarron and create a Cimarron convertible. Talk about one of a kind! Ivory with tan convertible roof and tan leather - fabulously delicious! And who would have another like it?! (For better or for worse...)

Driver-8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1979 Seville, 1999 Jeep GC Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by Bro-Ham View Post
    I love the 76 Sedan deVille also! The pillarless hardtop styling is something only found on high end coupes these days, I think that will be my examplet Cadillac!

86 to 91 Eldo?! I agree the 86 and 8throughre generic andr awful, although the quick 88 redesign brought out some fun old school Cadillacness to that I admire, but with that said I probably would never seek one out but would enjoy one if the right one happened to present itself, especially a yellow one!

Cimarron is novel, I still want to take an 80's Cavalier and a Cimarron and create a Cimarron convertible. Talk about one of a kind! Ivory with tan convertible roof and tan leather - fabulously delicious! And who would have another like it?! (For better or for worse...)
    Yes I must agree the 75 76 SDV, with all the windows down, wow what a looker. And the 1976 front end is one of my favorites of all-time on any car.

OK, maybe I was harsh on the Eldo from that phase post 87. 1988 did bring back baby fins and the crisp fender and hood lines tapering played nicely into the new front end, much more Cadillac styled. BUT... those dashboards and interior plastics, all the way through were cheap and horrid. The 92 euro style interior was a drastic turnaround.

If I may add one other favorite that I forgot> I think the 1979 Fleetwood Brougham in any dark metallic color was a classy, elegant and beautiful automobile. A perfect example of an American luxury car and a real Cadillac.

Classic L is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 Concours / 88 Broughm D'el / 76 Coupe D'el

How can one really choose a favorite? If I had to say top three? Despite the engine, I love the lines, comfort, ride and options in the 85 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance. I recently wanted to posses at the same time, an 85, a 95 and a 75 (sedan models), but minor details and differences encouraged me to settle on just one from each decade rather than the 5 year in those decades. I like the split bench and power seat in the 76 over 75 models. But I love the Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance in a 74-76. Call me crazy but I prefer the 85-86 over the 87-89 because it still says "Fleetwood" on the body but will probably settle on an 88 or 89 Brougham. 95 is not classic yet but it will be and I'll have a one owner Concours Northstar, which I actually really like. And may not have been among my favorite had I never owned one, but I do and it is. If I could choose more than three, the 71 Coupe Deville, the 59 Eldo Biarittz, the 77 Sedan Deville and the 49 I just saw at the Caddy car show. Is having three full sized Caddy sedans, being a single guy with no kids, too much? It's just me for crying out loud. I should be on a moped, not a six passenger battle cruiser, and not three of them. Okay the Concours is really more of a five passenger car and then if i just get the coupe in the 76 instead of the sedan AND I get a moped... Then two sedans a coupe and a moped sound more reasonable, right? Right? Thanks guys, I knew you'd understand...

CaddyGas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by disturbio View Post
    56-58 caddies.... obviously 59.

67-68 , stacked headlights make them look like giant gto.., 1968 grill looks a lil better.

69-70 are big and beautiful too.

1967-70 edos, 76 eldos

1990S sts and the xlr? I may not be saying it right, the two door
    I hate typing on my phone. You mean 71*76? or do you just like 76. Same body style with little changes. +&

disturbio is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1969 DeVille convertible, 72 sdv - RIP

The last great big convertible, the bi-centennial 76... I guess its like the 67 and 68, nearly identical I just think the 68 is a little cooler. I dont know why exactly.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.