1973 eldo convetible heater core replacement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, 1973 eldo convetible heater core replacement in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hi i could use any and all help here, heater core is leaking coolant into the int. of the car, ...
    jimi58 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1973 eldo 1993sts

1973 eldo convetible heater core replacement

hi i could use any and all help here, heater core is leaking coolant into the int. of the car, i assume i need to replace the heater core? of all the eldos ive owned this my 9th, i never had a heater core problem, so it this a pain to do? i did on a 64 impala once and that was ez, so how bad on the caddy? again any help would be great!! thanks jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Re: 1973 eldo convetible heater core replacement

If I recall correctly, the core is behind the IP. I'd highly recommend getting a factory service manual to help you on your way. I don't think replacing the core is hard, but it will be time-consuming.

72HearseGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1972 fleetwood hearse

Re: 1973 eldo convetible heater core replacement

I replaced the core on my 72 fleetwood. Not difficult just took some time. Had to disconnect the in and out hoses, then there were four screws on the engine side of the fire wall that hold the housing. You have to remove the glove box and some dashboard to get it out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.