1970 DeVille Convertible.....the adventure begins! - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, 1970 DeVille Convertible.....the adventure begins! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; She's not running yet. Just think the valves are sounding pretty good. Don't have all my parts yet to put ...
    smelvis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1970 deville convertible
    She's not running yet. Just think the valves are sounding pretty good.

Don't have all my parts yet to put her back together.

I took a video of me tapping the valves. Link below if anyone is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dm0O...e_gdata_player

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Re: 1970 DeVille Convertible.....the adventure begins!

That's a nice beat you got there...really need some back-up though! All in all a sweet sound!
    77CDV and 77CDV like this.

CADforce69 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

Hope cyl#8 valves finally work. Letīs see if soaking them for some days with the magic solution works the miracle.

Hello Gents, hope everyone had a good 4th.

I'm back to work.

I have a new question for you all. I just got a carb from carb xchange and it's different than my carb #7040230. The carb they sent me is 7028237. from my reading it seems my car has an eldo carb but that puzzles me cause the extra vac line is hooked up to something.

The biggest difference is my old carb has 3 vac lines coming out the back. 2 small and 1 large that goes to power booster. Theirs only has 1 line and no line for the power booster.

Any insight would be helpful.
    Attached Images

I'm back to work.

I have a new question for you all. I just got a carb from carb xchange and it's different than my carb #7040230. The carb they sent me is 7028237. from my reading it seems my car has an eldo carb but that puzzles me cause the extra vac line is hooked up to something.

The biggest difference is my old carb has 3 vac lines coming out the back. 2 small and 1 large that goes to power booster. Theirs only has 1 line and no line for the power booster.

Thoughts?
    Attached Images

Sorry for the dup didn't think I sent the 1st one

83CADMAN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 83 Eldorado, 90 Seville, 94 Concours

Quote Originally Posted by Faded Crest View Post
    Try using some PB Blaster on those stuck valves if you wan to keep working them...
    USE THE PT BLASTER product, it is far superior to the stuff you are using, really, like 1000%. It will penitrate and disolve whatever is gumming up the valve stems.

83CADMAN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 83 Eldorado, 90 Seville, 94 Concours

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post

I'm back to work.

Any insight would be helpful.
    Send it back and ask for the correct one. If not available then find a local shop to rebuild the original one.

Thanks 83. All valves are good now. Just trying to figure out if the carb I have on there is the right one. Trying to go through vac diagrams in my manual but they are segmented.

Reading up and see what I can find.

They sent me a carb for a 68. My carb is correct. Just can't figure out what the 3rd nipple is for on the back of the carb. It seems as though some of the vac lines are mixed up and according to the manual there should be 2 on the back. The lower for the servo the middle to the tranny and no mention of the upper. On my car it seems the tranny line has a t installed and the it also connects to the air filter. The upper hose runs into a t and is a dead end then into the firewall. Im gonna trace it on the inside later just put a little por15 down on the ds floor. Don't wanna roll around in that.

Maybe that's the line to the e brake

Also seems that the upper nipple goes to this thing. And this little do hickey is my problem. Broken nipples everywhere. There is supposed to be 5 hoses on this thing. Top to carb (I assume) it just says vacuum fitting on engine but they are all occupied right now. Top right (broken) to brake release bottom right to vac storage tank bottom to control head vac valve left (broken) to ccab valve on air cleaner.

This thing has no name in my manual so I'll just bring it into some parts stores and see what they say. No part no on it either.
    Attached Images

CADforce69 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

This part seems to be discontinued; none of the habitual suppliers seem to have it; maybe someone has some old stock new unit... Another possibility is looking for it at junkyards or asking to someone who is parting out a 69-70.

No promises, if I feel healthy enough, one of these days I want to get back to the yard. A pic of the part in place on car would help me look if interested.

Hey Dave, sorry to hear that you might not be feeling healthy. Best wishes for good health!

Here is a pic. It's screwed to the firewall right behind the tranny dipstick. I'm gonna go hunting later this week but there aren't too many classics in the yards around here. I would assume it can be found on other old gms but ya never know when it's a caddy.
    Attached Images

Thanks. Have been on a long drug therapy that will be 11 month total, ends in mid aug.
    They found out a month ago I wasn't entering REM sleep (Ambien) and I have been doing much better now. Only the odd day here or there I am a little off my game!
    Thanks for the photo, I will check a few GM's of that vintage too. If they are plastic and discontinued, I will get you, or someone else a spare.
    Like I told my buddy at the yard last time I was buying things I didn't need.
    "They aren't building any more of these, and someday they will be gone....and today is that day for these parts!"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.