engine color for 1966 429 Coupe de ville?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, engine color for 1966 429 Coupe de ville? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Im changing the timing chain this weekend and figured I would do a nice paint job on the engine when ...
    Rabbitctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ctsv, 1966 coupe de ville

engine color for 1966 429 Coupe de ville?

Im changing the timing chain this weekend and figured I would do a nice paint job on the engine when I had it down, My car is original as far as I was told when I got it. But the GM blue is different from the blue that is on everything now. Does anyone know the correct color? thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Faded Crest is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '00 SDV, '94 & '99 Eldo, '03 DHS, '66 SDV

Re: engine color for 1966 429 Coupe de ville?

"Cadillac Blue" of course... GM made several blues... Pontiac Blue, later Cadillac Blue from '77-'81 cars. The Original 1949-1976 Cadillac blue is similar to Ford blue.

Cadillac blue.JPG

[QUOTE=Faded Crest;2957737]"Cadillac Blue" of course... GM made several blues... Pontiac Blue, later Cadillac Blue from '77-'81 cars. The Original 1949-1976 Cadillac blue is similar to Ford blue.

thanks , I wanted to make sure the previous owner didnt paint it the wrong color blue and I was matching to it and still be wrong, thanks makes me feel much better.

Did the factory paint everything assembled? or do I need to take the time to remove everything and paint individually? thanks for your time.

Attachment 91285[/QUOTEthanks , I wanted to make sure the previous owner didnt paint it the wrong color blue and I was matching to it and still be wrong, thanks makes me feel much better.

Did the factory paint everything assembled? or do I need to take the time to remove everything and paint individually? thanks for your time.

Faded Crest is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '00 SDV, '94 & '99 Eldo, '03 DHS, '66 SDV

Not everything was painted, so you might want to find a good picture of an original car or an old picture. I know the pulleys were black. I don't have a photographic memory, so I can't remember everything. I'm sure others here can help.

DouglasJRizzo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 hearse, 1976 hearse

Engine was dark cadillac blue - 1949 to 1976. pulleys were semi gloss black as were brackets, radiator cradle, and related hardware. Air cleaner assembly was semi gloss black. many bolts were cad plated.

thanks, ill do some pic looking

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.