1959 Cadillac Eldorado value?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By DouglasJRizzo
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, 1959 Cadillac Eldorado value? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Wondering if someone on here can help me to estimate the value of a car I have inherited. It's a ...
    spanky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1957 Cadillac Eldorado - Seville

1959 Cadillac Eldorado value?

Wondering if someone on here can help me to estimate the value of a car I have inherited.

It's a 1959 4 door Cadillac Eldorado (Brougham). My grandfather bought it new in 59, and it has 27,000 original miles. It has been stored inside all it's life, and from looking at it, it's in mint condition. My dad had it out about 8 years ago, using it one summer, then back into storage. My dad has since passed, and left about 20 antique cars behind. He always claimed this one was special, and worth a bundle. Just trying to figure out how much that 'bundle' might be? Would anyone on here know?

Thanks for your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Re: 1959 Cadillac Eldorado value?

The 1959 and 1960 Eldorado Broughams were much simplified from their over-the-top 1957-1958 counterparts. They are also much more rare, but also less sought-after due to their relative simplicity and lack of visual distiction from the standard production Cadillacs. Value is totally dependent on condition and completeness. Almost nothing in the body or trim on these cars interchanges with the standard Cadillacs, so anything that's damaged or missing will detract severely from the car's value. Assuming average condition, I would say the car is in the $20K to $25K range. An excellent, all-original example might fetch $50K.

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

Vintage car prices are way down at this time.
    There are places/people that will appraise the vehicles for you.
    That would be the best way to get a true value for insurance and possible sale.

02603sec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 1SF Black V8 2006

Keep that caddy. you'll never find another one like it.

Faded Crest is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '00 SDV, '94 & '99 Eldo, '03 DHS, '66 SDV

Post pics please.

DouglasJRizzo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 hearse, 1976 hearse

Ok, first things first.

Have a qualified appraiser like Bob DeMars look at it.
    Second, classic car values are in the tank right now and probably won't be coming back for a while. When times get tough, the first thing that goes are the toys.

Ok, here's something else to consider. You may just want to keep this one. It's been in the family since new, that says something. It's cherished and valued.

Also, as said earlier - this particular Eldo even tho less common, is somewhat less valuable due to changes made. That doesn't mean it's not worth anything, but it may not command eye opening prices either. That said, is is RARE and you wont see another at a Cadillac show.

Whatever you do, don't bruise it. Many of those trim parts are worth almost as much as the car itself.
    Faded Crest and Faded Crest like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.