Newbie from Italy!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, Newbie from Italy! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello, I'm Italian I live in Tuscany and I'm owner of a Cadillac Dedille Convertible year 1967. GREAT CAR!!! GREAT ...
    holly1340 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Devlle 1967 Convertible

Thumbs up Newbie from Italy!

Hello,
    I'm Italian I live in Tuscany and I'm owner of a Cadillac Dedille Convertible year 1967.
    GREAT CAR!!! GREAT ENGINE!
    It was not in good conditions so I started two years ago my project and now I try to finish my restoration..
    I signed in this great forum and I love read in particular "Classic Cadillac Forum"

I love my Cadillac, but sometimes I became histeric and I miss the patience to finish my restoration..
    Sorry for my bad american speaking..

Greetings from Italy

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Raymond919 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1949 Cadillac Series 62

Re: Newbie from Italy!

Welcome, welcome!

Your English is good. No need to apologize.

I was born in Florence, Italy and once owned a 1968 Cadillac convertible which is very similar to your car. I had the 472 engine. Is that yours also? Can you post a picture of the car?

Don't become discouraged. When you get tired, just leave the car for a few days or a week while finding information on the internet.

How do you find parts in Italy? Do you order them from this country?

Raymond

holly1340 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Devlle 1967 Convertible

Thanks! I live near Florence. My car has a 429 Engine but I have also a 472 engine.. No I do not find parts in Italy, I found most of the parts on ebay.com in the USA.. I have a great problem.. I do not remember How can I do to mount windows... I try to search on internet but I didn't found it.. I have a body fisher manual but I can not understand well how can I do..
    I can not post links ... Ihave to post 5 times before add photo of my car..

Raymond919 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1949 Cadillac Series 62

Hello again,

My car had the 472 engine. It was powerful and was a good engine. I am not familiar with the 429 engine but it was probably similar to 472.

What do you mean 'mount' the windows? Do you mean to install (put in new)? Do you mean front windshield (paravento?) or door windows? I removed the inside door panels which let me see the parts inside the door which hold the window (screws and bolts). There were screws and bolts which let me move the window to align it so they closed properly. Do not make the screws or bolts on the glass too tight or you will break the glass! Be careful because there is a spring which can cut your fingers if you remove the bolts and make them loose. These springs lift the glass and are strong. If you tell me what you want to do, maybe I can find something to help you.

Don't worry about posting pictures of your car. I know exactly what it looked like. I had my car many years ago and sold it in 1975, but I remember many things about it.

If you give me your email address, we can discuss this privately away from this forum because not everyone wants to hear about our discussion. My address is:
    Raymond919@AOL.com

Raymond

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.