1975 Eldorado HVAC blower motor speed
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, 1975 Eldorado HVAC blower motor speed in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My '75 Eldorado has developed an HVAC problem. Regardless of how I set the Climate Control settings, the fan only ...
    john campbell is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 1975 Eldorado

1975 Eldorado HVAC blower motor speed

My '75 Eldorado has developed an HVAC problem. Regardless of how I set the Climate Control settings, the fan only blows on the lowest speed. Any suggestions of what the problem might be or how to track it down would be greatly appreciated.

John

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Re: 1975 Eldorado HVAC blower motor speed

According the the FSM, it's either a back-out terminal or disconnet at the control head, or an open in the blower circuit wiring.

carnut is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

If its like the sedans and coupes in those years, then the hi fan relay has failed or the wiring connector to it has melted over time causing a poor connection to the relay. Without a service manual, I would guess its like the sedans and possibly located to the left of the steering column underdash in a bank of relays on a common black plastic board. look for evidence of melted plastic just below one of the relays.

pompste is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 SEDAN DEVILLE-4.9 & 1978 SEDAN DEVILLE-425

Quote Originally Posted by john campbell View Post
    My '75 Eldorado has developed an HVAC problem. Regardless of how I set the Climate Control settings, the fan only blows on the lowest speed. Any suggestions of what the problem might be or how to track it down would be greatly appreciated.

John
    Hey John------did you ever get this problem solved? Check in and let us know. If you did get it solved---please post the fix.
    I`ve got the same exact problem on my '78 Deville----fan only blows on the lowest speed.

john campbell is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 1975 Eldorado

I'm afraid I've had several other vehicle repairs to take care of, and other things consuming my time unfortunately, so I haven't had a chance to get on this problem yet. But when I do, I'll definitely post the results.

ace1233 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1975 Cadillac Eldorado

I seem to have to opposite problem....my fan only runs on HIGH....any thoughts

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

Maybe the blower relay is bad so circuit is closed all time. This would be the easiest cause. If itīs not this, it would be necessary to check the power servo or the main control unit.

ace1233 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1975 Cadillac Eldorado

Thanks ....I will check it out and let you know. Appreciate this Forum....great to find a place to ask questions and get some real responses.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.