1930 Cadillac Limo/ambulance barn find
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By 1930oddball
Canada Discussion, 1930 Cadillac Limo/ambulance barn find in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Looking for someone in Calgary with experience working on vintage cadillacs, need someone with experience on V16 and fine tuning. ...
    1930oddball is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1930 limousine ambulance conversion

1930 Cadillac Limo/ambulance barn find

Looking for someone in Calgary with experience working on vintage cadillacs, need someone with experience on V16 and fine tuning. Have a barn find recently bought from private collection in states and brining to calgary to get on road and need some help getting it road worthy not restoring but leaving as is.
    093.JPG
    092.JPG
    098.JPG
    pictchic and pictchic like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

creeker is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t

Re: 1930 Cadillac Limo/ambulance barn find

Maybe run an ad on craig's list in calgary.

----------

Maybe run an ad on craig's list in calgary.

----------

I googled your car,lots of good info. and pics came up.

1930oddball is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1930 limousine ambulance conversion

thanks yes lots of info to certain date but would like to get as much history as possible.
    Thanks

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

OK now that is very cool

Chris Cummings is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1930

Hi.

I'm new to the forum as well, but I watched that car on the Bonhams website with a lot of interest. The body was a 1930 Cadillac Series 4375-S seven-passenger sedan, according to the body tag on the cowl. A friend of mine told me that the engine number corresponds to a Series 4361-S five-passenger town sedan. It appears to me that the front fenders were heavily modified to resemble those of a 1934 Packard, and the radiator shell has been fabricated to resemble one from a 1934-1935 Cadillac (although there are significant differences). From the photographs, the work appears to have been done in a very professional manner. Extending the back end of the sedan body and incorporating a rear door like that took a lot of careful thought and skillful execution. Those wood and steel composite bodies aren't easy to stretch.

The grey paint and the shape of the scraped-off places where the lettering used to be on the doors and rear windows led me to guess that the car had served on a naval base, perhaps during World War II.

The generator on the driver's side is non-original, and was clearly added to accommodate an emergency vehicle's need for extra power for lighting and siren operation. There's a non-stock voltage regulator on the firewall that must have been added to control the new generator. The original vacuum fuel pumps have been replaced with electric units. And the air intake horns for the carburetors have been cut short, with some kind of home-made air regulating arrangement wired over the openings.

You have a very unique and fascinating vehicle. Of course, it's your choice what to do with it. Even though you don't have much of the early history of the car, it shouts "I have a story!" and you'll never see another one coming at you on the road. At any car meet you take it to, you will be the center of attention.

I own a 1930 Cadillac V-16, and I can give you information on parts, service, etc. You should join the Cadillac & LaSalle Club, if you're not already a member, and the Professional Car Society is full of folks who know a great deal about hearses, ambulances and limousines, and who might be able to tell you about Gibson Motorcoach.

Congratulations on your magnificent catch!

Chris Cummings

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.