Cadillac Owners Forum banner

604 WTB: northstar

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  97EldoCoupe 
#1 ·
well im looking for a northstar with the agress cams i think is the y9? well please lmk if you got a spare or you know someone who doesnt need it. i found one at the wreckers for 2500.

#5 ·
If anyone wants Northstar engines I`m starting to ship across Canada- $1500 for an engine that includes new oil seals, new HGs, everything done to it. $200 for shipping anywhere in Canada. This includes 4.6s and Aurora 4.0`s, 95-99 engines right now. 1 year warranty that the head gaskets will seal, and guaranteed to run good. Just from the stupidity of the odd person running low on oil and over-revving in park and neutral I don`t offer warranty on bearings or broken rods, But each one is thoroughly checked out and the HGs and seals done, and all are pulled from running cars and checked out for noises as well before they get pulled. I wouldn`t sell an engine that I wouldn`t install in one of my own toys.

#7 ·
I've seen people abuse cars- and the problem with offering full warranty against thrown rods and such is that some people (not all, I know), when they know they're covered, will not care. I did the head gaskets and oil seals on one customer's car- went with him for a test drive right after. The oil seals require the bottom end to be disassembled and bearings exposed. During that test drive, engine barely warmed up, he gave it WOT right up to the rev limiter. Right after the bottom end has been re-assembled, that is NOT a good thing to do. I asked him to take it easy for a while.

I have seen a N* blown from being run at 6000RPMS steady, the guy had the trans in 2nd gear at 60+MPH.

I'll be reasonable with any engine I sell. But the owner has to take care of the engine. WOT is fine, even up to the red-line. But not immediately after a bottom-end oil seal job, not when the engine is cold, and never run low on oil. The engine has to be warm and oil has to be circulating for a while before WOT should be attempted, especially red-line shifts. Northstars are tough engines but the same with transmissions- neutral drops at 3000RPMs will kill trannys. And I've seen people do it all too often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.