Calgary CTS-V's
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Canada Discussion, Calgary CTS-V's in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; I know there's a few, couple active people and a couple quiet ones. Pipe in here and say hi. 1. ...
    4DoorGTZ is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Maggie'd 05 CTS-V

Calgary CTS-V's

I know there's a few, couple active people and a couple quiet ones. Pipe in here and say hi.

1. 4DoorGTZ 05 Black/Black
    2. Albertan 06 Infrared/Beige?
    3. Bigbadboss101..... 04 Silver/Black?
    3. SilverKast 05 Black/Black?
    5. 85258 04 ?/?

Anyways Say hi and let us know what you got. Maybe on a nice Indian Summer day (if we get any) or next spring we can get together for a meet or something.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Albertan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS REDLINE 2006 CTS-V Infared

Re: Calgary CTS-V's

I'm Infrared/Black interior

bigbadboss101 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

04 Silver/Black. Winter tires going on this weekend.

Goin' to da dyno... I cant wait to see what a crapload of exhaust money nets me....

1. Bought car, came like it is now but stock exhaust. StealthV's original tune (circa '06)
    420hp, 361ftlbs

2. StealthV gets me his new upgraded (leaned out) tune, everything else the same as above.
    460hp 403ftlbs

3. Kooks 1 7/8" headers, Corsa catback, QTP Elec. cutouts, MTI Racing plug wires.
    Let ya know tomorrow, Going to Davenport 830am

Well not what I was expecting.... Lost hp/tq. Time for a real tune, a/f is crappy in the whole rpm range

You got some work done at RTC? How come you didn't get it tuned and dynoed there? Make more sense since he did the work and the work done should yield some nice gains.

I had my tune/dyno few weeks ago. Probably not worth it with just exhausts. Gain 19 or so hp and tq. Got rid of the 2nd gear thing but should have at least headers and some other goodies.

Regardless, loving the car. Only 329 or so hp/tq at the wheel. If it had a little more head room in the back (not that I sit in the back), 50 more hp, steering wheel controls, and AWD car would be a dream :-)

A dyno tune at RCTS may be in the future, they just didnt have time while it was there.... I had it dyno'd at Davenport for comparisson reasons, my other dyno's were done there. I hate to say it, and maybe someone can work tuning magic but almost seems like it would benefit greatly from a cam.... the cylinder pressure seems to be leaking out early as the free(er) flow is scavenging the combustion process before its even complete. With the previous amount of backpressure the process completed as the valve opened, not after.... Wonder what StealthV might have to say.... not that its his tune, but who knows?

Anybody have a NAV firmware disc? I am gonna buy the new maps but looks like the most recent is 2007 for the CTSV. With the firmware I can buy other discs, like ones from Infiniti etc correct?

I have the firmware and with it installed I am currently using an Infinity 2007 disc. I can lend you the firmware disc, takes 5-10mins in your car then you dont need it again.... could also "find" another disc like I have for 2007, but am on my way out of town tomorrow morning. If you still want, shoot me a msg in a week or 2 to remind me before I get back.

sgarph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac cts 2008

Also in Calgary, a diamond white, 2008 CTS 4.

sgarph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac cts 2008

anyone tried the gmcanada web mail?

Quote Originally Posted by sgarph View Post
    Also in Calgary, a diamond white, 2008 CTS 4.
    Live south of fish creek park? I saw a beautiful white cts4 couple days ago, I was of course in my beater car so it was of no concern to the cts driver.... he was quite spirited, I remember he was in the fast lane, gaining speed and someone would change lanes over infront of him.... causing the cts to slow down, then go around that person. Only to get the same treatment again. I had a chuckle, but it let me see more of the car (nb on macleod)

Hey BigBadBoss, I'm curious what kind of experiences you've had in the last couple snow/icy filled days in the V with winter tires.... I recall stability/traction control doing a good job on my car during an xmas break drive to the Dyno last year (just icy, no snow) But does the weight of the car and great brakes make for OMG stops?

I have Dunlop Wintersport M3 on mine. TC kicked in a couple times. I don't drive too crazy and it seems to be alright. It's my first RWD since my old 87 Supra Turbo, and then Fiero before that. Have to remember the rear swings out when I step on it. Haven't had to stop too quickly yet.

Streets are dry, most snow from the shady areas is gone.... provided next week's forcasted snow isnt much the streets might be cleaned in the next few weeks and I wont worry about taking the V out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.