Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21K views 100 replies 15 participants last post by  Canviper 
#1 ·
I know there's a few, couple active people and a couple quiet ones. Pipe in here and say hi.

1. 4DoorGTZ 05 Black/Black
2. Albertan 06 Infrared/Beige?
3. Bigbadboss101..... 04 Silver/Black?
3. SilverKast 05 Black/Black?
5. 85258 04 ?/?

Anyways Say hi and let us know what you got. Maybe on a nice Indian Summer day (if we get any) or next spring we can get together for a meet or something.

#83 ·
Message for Calgary memeber

Just want to share some High Performance Track Day info for everyone (Aug 28 and Oct 1)

ABRS offers Introductory Road Car School Lapping and Advanced Road Car Lapping at Race City Speedway. This includes professional instruction and training with Chief Instructor Allen Berg and the ABRS team. Learn about vehicle handling dynamics and explore the limits of your road car in a safe and exciting environment. Thinking about a day off to drive at the track and meet other car enthusiasts? Come and join us for the next dates!

#87 ·
I was planning to go to some track day this year, GM seems to have different plans for me. Even my dd backup is out of commission now due to a kinked tranny cooler line while replacing a radiator. My next car will not be GM, they've lost me after the V is gone.

#88 · (Edited)
Ok folks, I might be picking up another car so mine is up for grabs. Let me know if you know someone who is interested in this performance vehicle. Price is negotiable for course.

Vehicle Details
Year : 2004
Make and Model : Cadillac CTS-V
Exterior Color : Silver
Interior Color : Black
Auto or Manual? : Manual
Odometer Reading : ~111000 km
Location of Vehicle : Calgary
Description :
Extras : See below
Asking Price : $22,900

Contact Information
E-Mail : bigbadboss101@shaw.ca
Phone :

Description:

2004 Cadillac CTS-V
Silver with black interior
~111,000 km

5.7L LS6 V8 SFI – 400 H.P.
6 speed TREMEC™ manual transmission
BREMBO™ vented disk brakes
Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
Traction Control System (TCS)
Driver controlled Automatic Stability Control (ASC)
Front and side impact air bags
Cold weather package including heated seats and mirrors
Dual zone automatic climate control
Power windows, locks, mirrors, trunk
Power driver and front passenger seats with memory settings
Power sunroof
Cadillac Navigation system
GM ONSTAR™ system
Driver information centre
Keyless entry
Security system
BOSE™ premium sound system with 6 disk “in-dash” CD player and RBDS
Cruise control
Xenon headlights
Halogen fog lamps
Auto dimming rear view mirror
HOMELINK™ wireless control

Extras:

-18” CTS-V alloy rims with Falken 452 performance tires (3,000 km) and Dunlop Wintersport M3 performance winter tires (5,000 km)

- UUC shifter

- Magnaflow exhausts

- Recently replaced brakes, rotors, and water pump

- First gear CAGS fixed, and dyno tuned at Davenport

- Tinted windows

Reason for selling:

Great, fun car to drive. Sharp looking and roomy.
Looking for an AWD vehicle.

#92 ·
Since I've saved so much money on gas by not driving the V (insert hollow laugh) I went ahead and ordered a set of UUC 2pc front rotors and some matching 1pc for the rear with Hawk pads. I can just imagine what the stock rotors look like after sitting outside for 4mo. 14lbs less for the steering rack to move, if I ever get a replacement. Gawd I wish GM was on the hook for a rental car this whole time, then they'd be itching to get my car out.

#94 ·
Congratulations on the V. You will enjoy it in the summer time, winter time not so much. I have mine resting now.
As far as someone working on these cars....How good are you at wrenching?
Pretty sure most dealerships have seen VERY few of these cars. I did have good luck at GSL for a warranty clutch issue. Follow this forum for solutions to any problems. You'll probably have to tell the mechanic what is wrong and how to fix! As far as dyno tuning, anyone that is good with Corvettes should be able to do it. I'm keeping mine stockish so I don't have reliability issues.

#95 ·
Dropped off my V for the blown steering rack June 24th, picked it up tonight. WOW that was a handful driving home on Michelin Pilot Sport PS/2's in the weather, had to keep it rolling and leave a large gap in front so I wouldnt get stuck at a stand still. Made it home to get stuck in the driveway :(

Saw another Black/Black (tint) V at Jack Carters waiting for service.... maybe they do get to see the V quite regularly :)
Now to wait for a nice and dry day where I can sneak to the carwash and back to cover up the car, its currently defrosting in the underground parkade.

#96 ·
Guys,
Just wanted to introduce myself-i have an 05 black on black V. Bought it in the summer out of Calgary. I live in Airdrie. Car had a supercharger and exhaust cutouts on it. I dont think it had an easy life. The car lasted me about 4000KMs and 2 of the pistons broke so now I am doing a new motor and supercharger combination. should have the car together for the spring. Any recommendations for a dyno tuner in Calgary?
Thanks
Sheldon

#97 · (Edited)
Either Davenport or RCTS. I have a feeling Reg @ RCTS has seen that car before, he spoke of a black V w/SC that he'd worked on when mine was in there for the headers/exhaust.

Your story/experience is exactly why I think I'm staying with my HUGE pulley, at most go down to a 2.8 or 2.9, power is great, but so is a motor in one piece..... When I'm rolling in dough I'd rebuild the engine for higher hp/tq like I'm sure you have (over stock)

#99 ·
Hi Everyone, just started driving my 2010 CTS-V, had it for 3 months, flatdecked the car with 9kms, heat cycled the drivtrain and engine on our dyno and then let her rip - 472HP at the wheels - Automatic.;)

Mods starting soon, American Racing headers, LPE upper pulley kit, lower pulley kit and custom tuning, hoping for another 60-80 at the wheels.

We have been playing around with these CTS-V's for a bit, but want to do our car to document the gains thru each step. Hopefully we will have a complete breakdown of HP gains thru each step.

This car is an absolute blast to drive. Very solid and responsive.:)

Steve

#100 ·
Grr for starting with 472 at the wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.