Calgary CTS-V's - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Canada Discussion, Calgary CTS-V's in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; I have the car now. The dyno sheet shows a 20 hp gain or so....
    never is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 second V2

Re: Calgary CTS-V's

I have the car now. The dyno sheet shows a 20 hp gain or so.

4DoorGTZ is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Maggie'd 05 CTS-V

Since I've saved so much money on gas by not driving the V (insert hollow laugh) I went ahead and ordered a set of UUC 2pc front rotors and some matching 1pc for the rear with Hawk pads. I can just imagine what the stock rotors look like after sitting outside for 4mo. 14lbs less for the steering rack to move, if I ever get a replacement. Gawd I wish GM was on the hook for a rental car this whole time, then they'd be itching to get my car out.

70vette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts v

Hey Guys, I'm new to the crowd - just picked up my V a few weeks ago - 05 black. I don't have any warranty do you have any shops you recommend for work? Also who's had dyno tuning experience? and where did you go? is davenport the only ones to take a V to?

Albertan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS REDLINE 2006 CTS-V Infared

Congratulations on the V. You will enjoy it in the summer time, winter time not so much. I have mine resting now.
    As far as someone working on these cars....How good are you at wrenching?
    Pretty sure most dealerships have seen VERY few of these cars. I did have good luck at GSL for a warranty clutch issue. Follow this forum for solutions to any problems. You'll probably have to tell the mechanic what is wrong and how to fix! As far as dyno tuning, anyone that is good with Corvettes should be able to do it. I'm keeping mine stockish so I don't have reliability issues.

Dropped off my V for the blown steering rack June 24th, picked it up tonight. WOW that was a handful driving home on Michelin Pilot Sport PS/2's in the weather, had to keep it rolling and leave a large gap in front so I wouldnt get stuck at a stand still. Made it home to get stuck in the driveway

Saw another Black/Black (tint) V at Jack Carters waiting for service.... maybe they do get to see the V quite regularly
    Now to wait for a nice and dry day where I can sneak to the carwash and back to cover up the car, its currently defrosting in the underground parkade.

s-cam is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Guys,
    Just wanted to introduce myself-i have an 05 black on black V. Bought it in the summer out of Calgary. I live in Airdrie. Car had a supercharger and exhaust cutouts on it. I dont think it had an easy life. The car lasted me about 4000KMs and 2 of the pistons broke so now I am doing a new motor and supercharger combination. should have the car together for the spring. Any recommendations for a dyno tuner in Calgary?
    Thanks
    Sheldon

Either Davenport or RCTS. I have a feeling Reg @ RCTS has seen that car before, he spoke of a black V w/SC that he'd worked on when mine was in there for the headers/exhaust.

Your story/experience is exactly why I think I'm staying with my HUGE pulley, at most go down to a 2.8 or 2.9, power is great, but so is a motor in one piece..... When I'm rolling in dough I'd rebuild the engine for higher hp/tq like I'm sure you have (over stock)

70vette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts v

Does anyone have a NAV system firmware upgrade disc i can borrow? Mine is stuck in Michigan

octaneman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Hi Everyone, just started driving my 2010 CTS-V, had it for 3 months, flatdecked the car with 9kms, heat cycled the drivtrain and engine on our dyno and then let her rip - 472HP at the wheels - Automatic.

Mods starting soon, American Racing headers, LPE upper pulley kit, lower pulley kit and custom tuning, hoping for another 60-80 at the wheels.

We have been playing around with these CTS-V's for a bit, but want to do our car to document the gains thru each step. Hopefully we will have a complete breakdown of HP gains thru each step.

This car is an absolute blast to drive. Very solid and responsive.

Steve

Grr for starting with 472 at the wheels.

Canviper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRT 10 NIGHT RUNNER

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead. Just wondering if many 09+ CTS-V owners have done much tuning to there V in the last year and a bit. Curious on what they did and where they
    got all there work done. And were the happy with the install and new found performance?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.