Calgary CTS-V's - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Canada Discussion, Calgary CTS-V's in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Took mine out for a road trip....to Houston Texas. Left Friday April 10 and returned Sunday April 19. 7724 KM ...
    Albertan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS REDLINE 2006 CTS-V Infared

Re: Calgary CTS-V's

Took mine out for a road trip....to Houston Texas. Left Friday April 10 and returned Sunday April 19. 7724 KM total. Only saw two other V's, Platinum Westbound on I70 heading to Denver, I was East bound. Second on I45 just outside of Houston. Going same direction, I don't think he saw me.
    Drove thru major rain storms coming back and diverted away from major Denver snow storm. Had to do major wash yesterday when I came back.
    Oh I did see a V2 Black in Houston on West Grey Ave.

bigbadboss101 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I think it's time for a meet. CTS or Caddy in general.

I backed up into someone last week and cracked my passenger tail light. Have packing tape on it now which is good temporarily. The dealer said the assembly is $7xx.xx Canadian and with labour it's going to be $850 ish. Will check the local wreckers and also Lindsay. I like to get it fixed instead of having tape on it but almost $900 Canadian is crazy.

Ouch! I would think the tail lights would be the same as a regular CTS. You should have some luck with wreckers. I know there are none at Pick and Pull!

4DoorGTZ is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Maggie'd 05 CTS-V

Tail Light
    Cadillac CTS RH,R.-A $D1512 $250.12
    --Can--
    $312.65 LKQ-Dominion Auto Recycling Can-ON(Stoney-Creek) E-mail: Daryl@DominionAuto.com 1-800-668-9593

^ Looks like $312 and its in Ontario (avoiding the border comotion) There's plenty in the states, even all the way down to $25....www.car-part.com

I think someone in my neighbourhood has a Platinum V. Saw one parked in Douglas Square Sobeys when I stopped after work. I've seen it driving in Douglasdale and around 130th as well.

Zhariak is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade ESV Premium, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadboss101 View Post
    I think it's time for a meet. CTS or Caddy in general.
    I'd be down!

ESV driver here (I know the thread is for only CTS-V d00dz).

I bet money I've seen all of you driving around, hahha.

Actually yesterday I saw a few CTS-Vs out and about on Macloud and 17th Ave...

Anyone with a CTS-V that might be interested.... I currently have one spare 05 design rear axle (19k km on it), and will soon have a pair of 07 design axles with only about 3k km on them..... Should you be interested in spares for a good price gimmie a shout. And Albertan I'm getting my old diff opened up and cleaned out to see if the internals are at all damaged, you kinda seem to have lost interest in it.

Off to install my DSS axles

4 door
    I kept waiting til it was going to be warmer. Then everyone seemed to be talking about the new axles, I see you bought them. So I think I'll put that project on hold. Also, I just bought a 95 318IS BMW to rebuild for one of my kids. So far I have learned that the BMW engine is WAY more complicated than a GM. Our V's have diff issues. Those cars issues: Oil pump sucking air, radiator blowing up, water pump failing, fan blades explode and I haven't even got the engine out yet. I'll see what happened to this engine soon.

On days like the last few days how high did your oil and coolant temperature get up to? I noticed since my last oil change the oil temperature has been near 99c. It's less than the half way point but still higher than I have observed.

Running laps at Race city last year it was 27c outside and we were doing 20min sessions. I got up as high as 114c oil temp, normal spirited driving I've seen 105c when its warm.

Went over to the Corvette show at Shaganappi today. I went to park in regular parking lot and one of the Corvette Unlimited members came over to say I couldn't park there. A guy with him knew what the car was but this guy DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE!!! So I guess not only is it invisible to cops, it's invisible to Corvette owners as well! Needless to say I didn't stay where I wasn't wanted!

I saw a black CTS-V Monday June 1 on 10th Ave. Has "super charged" on the side. Looks good.

85258 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just saw this post, I never have come into the Canadian forum before.

I have Platnium 2004 CTS-V with a Spector Works cf vented hood and lip, Maggie, kooks, corsa, Rota Torques, DSS axles, etc. I live in Mackenzie Town and work in Douglas Glen, so it could have been my V the Albertan saw - I usually pick up dinner at Sobey on shop night for the race car.

My V is at RCTS getting a dyno tune this week. Appaerently I have a couple issues before getting on the dyno. Lean in #4, malfunctioning intake temp sensor (reads -40C when it was +20C outside) and maybe an intake leak. That and Reg thinks the Magnunson tune that is in the car is pretty weak. If he figured out some of the issues today, he was going to run it on the Dyno early tomorrow morning.

Good to meet you all.

85258 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hey GTZ,
    Do you still have the firmware DVD? If so, can I please borrow it. My dad has an 07 Denali, I would image that DVD would work for maps?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.