Calgary track day July 31
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Canada Discussion, Calgary track day July 31 in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Allen Berg is having another track day at Race City on July 31. I had a great time last time. ...
    Albertan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS REDLINE 2006 CTS-V Infared

Calgary track day July 31

Allen Berg is having another track day at Race City on July 31. I had a great time last time. Great experience. I need lots more as the car is better at this than I am. I you are interested link to Allen Berg's website from Racecity.com.
    I've already signed up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

4DoorGTZ is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Maggie'd 05 CTS-V

Re: Calgary track day July 31

Pitty I'll be out of town, and well the car is just getting fixed this week, might be premature to race it

Yeah, you might want to "break in" the rear first, not "break" it. I'm looking foreward to it. I'll be back in town next Wednesday from holidays. Shouldn't really take another half day off but I figure the next month is going to be hell anyway so I'll ease myself in.

Well, weather was great. This time about 18 cars so we were divided into beginners and those that have done this before. We were divided into groups of three. I was with a Porsche Turbo and a SL55 AMG. The beginner group had a Z06 Corvette, Aston Martin, couple of Porsches, WRX STI and a WRX with a bunch of work done, it really moved. I'm actually starting to get the hang of it.
    I have a long way to go before I'm putting my car to its limit though.
    Great way to spend an afternoon.

Well I'm pretty much decided I'm gonna go on Sept 30th. Funny thing, my friend (with an STI) called up to ask some questions person answers... "Allen Berg." my buddy pauses, waiting for ....racing school or ....how can I help you. but gets "Allen Berg!...!??" guy answeres his own phone

He asked what we were thinking of bringing.... when he said my CTS-V Allen replied "I've got a regular with one of those"

Yeah thats you man

4Door
    If your friend is coming as well, he better bring his car. Allen Berg doesn't allow passengers or swapping drivers. So if 2 people come, one will be driving, the other will be really BORED standing and watching.
    Allen is pretty hands on, he has ridden with me a lot and he still allows me to come out although he has Grey hair now.
    See you on the 30th. Maybe the other beyond guy will come out as well.

you going for both sessions? or just the morning? I'm still not sure if the whole day will be too much. Yeah my friend is gonna bring his STI, nother friend wants to be my "pit crew" (just had shoulder surgery, but really wants to watch)

I'll be going for the afternoon only since I am a "graduate". I've done the first course with classroom twice. Last time a number of people stayed the entire day. This road car days is just something new so he had to have a number of full training days to get enough graduates to fill the experienced slots available.
    The classroom instruction and practice stuff is invaluable. (Also, he probably wouldn't allow someone to only sign up for the experienced level without having done the classroom stuff.)

Got my confirmation email from ABRS and space/weather/car permitting might do the afternoon after the morning session..

Well, I'll see you there then even if you do not stay for afternoon session. I'll just look for the other V! You will be wrapping up and afternoon guys will be coming in. There will be a bit of an overlap.
    When driving, just remember you will probably never hit WOT it will just get you in trouble and leave all electronic nannys on. They are your guardian angels.
    You'll be back for more.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.