GM Canada Parts Prices...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Canada Discussion, GM Canada Parts Prices... in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Dont mean to generalize but if you are about to pay the dealer for some work to be done with ...
    4DoorGTZ is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Maggie'd 05 CTS-V

GM Canada Parts Prices...

Dont mean to generalize but if you are about to pay the dealer for some work to be done with expensive parts (and are willing to wait a tad longer) try to hit up an American dealer for the parts (Like Lindsay Cadillac)

Personal experience here.... Modified CTS-V so warranty on the drivetrain is Exact same part number for a diff was $1600shipped from the US, and the dealer price here is almost $3900. Then I get a call saying yep it was your diff, but your R axle broke inside it.... $1300 for the axle here, $450 from the states, so I got both new for $850 from the states.

Dunno if this is limited to the V's or just newer models but if you're not in a hurry to get it fixed you can save a butload of coin getting your parts from the USofA

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

creeker is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t

Re: GM Canada Parts Prices...

Sonds good,was there any hassles with canada customs or any red tape,did you have to pick it up at canada customs or was it delivered to your house?.

Thanks

I work out of town so I had FedEx hold the shipment at their depot when It arrived then I went and picked it up. I'm having my Axles delivered straight to the dealer that will install them. You just gotta keep up with the movements of your package via their online tracking. If it sits in customs or "clearance delay" for more then a couple days CALL them, they wont call you.

creeker is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t

Quote Originally Posted by 4DoorGTZ View Post
    I work out of town so I had FedEx hold the shipment at their depot when It arrived then I went and picked it up. I'm having my Axles delivered straight to the dealer that will install them. You just gotta keep up with the movements of your package via their online tracking. If it sits in customs or "clearance delay" for more then a couple days CALL them, they wont call you.

Thank you.

rb1
    rb1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V 2005 Black

Yup, I needed a front diff suppport bushing for my 05 CTS-V. My stealership wanted $43. + tax. I called Luke a Lindsay and he shipped one to me for $27. incl. shipping/taxes/duty. Not a big ticket item, but quite a difference given our dollar. Oh, by the way, it'll cost about $630.00 to install!

Caddyshack100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP

If any Canadian Dealers get smart, they would create the same sort of internet ordering site that they have in various states. Not just calling the dealership but being able to search their inventory and place the orders as well. Then have the prices brought down to a reasonable level not the hijack rates they charge now. Even when the dollar was at 66 cents, it was still more than worth while to order from America even with the customs charges if any or brokerage charges if any. The local Caddy dealership in Town has just put their rates up again for labour, 125 per hour for Chevys and 140 for Cadillacs. I am in the wrong business. LOL

Cant speak for most of their prices but i just stumbled onto partszoneonline and they are like gmpartsdirect but they ship to canada. Was ordering an ashtray and partszoneonline was within $2 of gmpartsdirect.... they stock gm and mopar parts.

*EDIT just looked up a diff, aprox the same as it cost me from Luke @ Lindsay but partszoneonline doesnt include shipping for that price. Luke does give forum members a deal..... but this place seems a close second.

Jon
    Jon is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

It's all parts. A rubber grommet that's $9 here is $1.50 in the US.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.