Northstar head gasket repair in SW Ontario - cheap!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Canada Discussion, Northstar head gasket repair in SW Ontario - cheap! in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Hey all, Saw this on the London Kijiji, don't know who the guy is or what his reputation is, but ...
    Jad
    Jad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac STS

Post Northstar head gasket repair in SW Ontario - cheap!

Hey all,

Saw this on the London Kijiji, don't know who the guy is or what his reputation is, but thought someone might find this useful if you are anywhere in south western Ontario and need a HG job:

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...QAdIdZ42427827

Compared to what others have paid, $1,150 is pretty damn cheap.

Have a good one,
    Jad

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wallace902 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 deville,98 Park avenue,

Re: Northstar head gasket repair in SW Ontario - cheap!

I let him fix my 99 Deville Headgasket.He came to Scarborough picking up my car and delivery back to me after it fixed.Now is no more over heat.Wonderful job!!

Thanks Jake!!
    Wallace

97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

You're quite welcome Wallace. Thank you as well.

My method of repairing the head gaskets eliminates time-serts and helicoils altogether. It's stronger, more durable, and less likely to crack the block. I upgrade from the 7/16" factory head bolts to 1/2" (using custom machined bolts that have a tensile strength exceeding 180,000psi) and 13 threads/inch which is coarser than the factory threads. I remove very little material from the block itself to do this, and machine out the cylinder heads to accept the thicker bolts. I am currently in the process of developing a do-it-yourself kit for this particular method. --ONLY WORKS WITH ENGINES THAT HAVE NEVER HAD TIME-SERTS BEFORE-- (and most have not). I use loc-tite permanent strength thread locker on the bolts and FEL-PRO gaskets, and warranty the repair for 30,000 kms (18,600 miles) or 12 months, although I believe if the cooling system is properly maintained, this repair will last the life of the car

rickster7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

97EldoCoupe Hey hows it going, I would like to get your phone number to talk to you about my car 99 seville sts. sounds like my car needs this kind of fix.

Rick

519-866-5355 or 519-550-0056 (my cell) call the cell it`s usually easier to get ahold of me. Sorry I haven`t checked back here in a while.

chefsteve is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 deville

98 deville 223,000 kms took her to jake aka 97EldoCoupe on a monday in nov 08, 2 days later i picker her up and voila...perfection. It is worth the drive to Tillsonburg. You have nothing to lose. he does a wonderful job, has all the tools that are needed. I was gonna junk my car but now i am in love with it once again

thanks Jake
    YOU ARE THE MASTER

P.S. WHY NOT JAKE'S CADILLAC SHACK ?

No problem Steve, glad to hear your Deville is running again the way a Cadillac should!

I think I'll stick with Northstar Performance.....LOL but not a bad idea!

rdf123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS 220000 KM

Hi,

Just found out you are from SW Ontario and come highly recommended. I live in Brantford, but would gladly come to London for a good mechanic. Or even better....is there anyone you can recommend in Brantford. I really wish I had found you a few weeks ago before I decided to trade in my 02 Deville for the 01 DTS. I had been taking it to the dealership thinking no one else can fix a Caddy properly, but was going broke in the process. They wanted big bucks to fix my torque converter and move a wiring harness that had become pinched in my engine mount and was shutting off my ABS and TC. Anyways, I would like to come and see you at some point, maybe even just for an oil change.

Certainly, all I do right now is HG repairs and engine sales, but when I get my shop set up the way I want it, I'll be offering more.

GM WAY overcharges for tune-ups and basic repairs, I've heard some of the quotes and it's way more than what GM should be charging. It doesn't take 8 hours to change a starter, and that's the quote some people have been getting.

When's your next oil change due?

rdf123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS 220000 KM

As soon as possible, I just got it Saturday and am not sure when it was done last. I also wanted to flush the coolant at the same time.

michaelwsmith is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Deville

I want to make sure that anyone who reads these posts and is considering using Jake's sevices should look no further. I have a 98 Deville which was overheating and I took it to Jake for repairs. Working with Jake is the exact opposite to any negative experience I've ever had at any garage or dealership. Jake is fast, professional and personable. Stop looking for a repair location and book your car into Northstar Performance now. There just simply isn't a better way to solve your Northstar problems.

Thanks for everything Jake.

tigers2007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 STS AWD V6, '99 Deville

Are you still doing this repair for $1150???

michaelwsmith - thank you ever so much for that! Positive feedback means a lot to me!

tigers2007- I moved my shop since my price was at $1150 and many of the methods I use have been upgraded. So has my warranty (5 years/100,000 miles against head gasket/stud failure) and also I include doing the lower oil seals (crank seals, block halves, oil manifold and oil pan, o-rings) into the new price of $2,200.

It just wasn't possible to keep that price with the new overhead expenses. I don't forsee a price increase any time soon on my services so the $2200 price will continue until further notice.

Hotness is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 1997

Jake if you can, drop me your email. I never know when i need the HG done. And im close by Windsor.
    Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.