Cadillac Owners Forum banner
34K views 101 replies 32 participants last post by  ianmcc 
#1 ·
Is there anyone from Alberta on this forum?

#2 ·
Yep, you just gotta read some of the threads in this section.

05 S/C'd CTS-V here.... almost ready for some daylight, waiting for the city to do street sweeping and get rid of the winter gravel.

#4 ·
I'm from Calgary. Bought the CTS and liked it so much I bought the V since my wife wouldn't let me drive "her" CTS! The V is at GSL for shifting problems. Looks like they are doing clutch/flywheel/slave on warranty. Another dealership that will remain nameless fought me every time I talked to them.

#8 ·
While on the phone with GSL recently about my rear diff, they mentioned they just had one in for an insurance job (really hard curb hit with the rear end) he was using that as an example for a labour estimate. I'll be it was that car you saw.

#6 ·
hello, I am from Calgary. I drive a white 03 Cts with dual pipe upgrade and 20 bose rims, just ordered a nice set of Geovoni black 20" rims. i will post a picture when I am get them. Need a new front bumper and front windshield. damn winter sandblastered my car. Also lost the rear reverse licence plate lens. Any one have a paint match white or black they done need any more?

#7 ·
Nice to hear good things about GSL, I am seriously considering them for my upcomming work. Blew the diff in my cts-V. Not that I'm trying to be a cheapskate but my only issue (same at other dealers) is the price for the part.... $3883. Exact same part can be had in the states for $1325. If I end up getting the parts stateside I'll take the savings and get GSL to install some things that have been waiting all fall/winter. Headers/Exhaust/Reflashed PCM/SS brake lines.

#13 ·
Hiya
Maggie is doing good. I took it in for a tune, and it turns out the Maggie tune is pretty good, though they locked it in, and i'm hoping they'll release it to the tuner so he can do a bit more fine tuning on it.

#14 ·
Steve Here, from Calgary, I have a 2008 Cadillac Escalade - Mod begins

Lowering, Volant Air Box, BB Exhaust( both completed), coming soon
Dynatech Long tube Headers, Magnuson TVS blower( releasing Late August),
HRE wheels(ordered), Baer 6 piston brakes/front/Rear with 15inch rotors,

And more,:yup:

my other stablemate is a 2006 Z06, with mods of course:)

#20 ·
Albertan is CTSV on beyond :)

#21 ·
New signature... test....

#22 ·
Bigbad
4door and I are on beyond. I figured Albertan wouldn't work on Beyond!
I have talked 4door into signing up for the AllenBerg road car day on Sept 30. First timers have to go for morning session from 7AM to noon. I've done it before so I get to go after noon. It is a lot of fun and you learn a lot and don't have to worry about getting caught for speeding.
By the way, does your car have original shifter and rubber bushings and the dreaded CAGS? If so you will like the car even more when you change them.

#23 ·
Yup I know 4Door, he bought some wheels from the guy I got the CTSV from. I traded him my Acura TLS and some $.

As I understand car has UUC shifter. Don't know about the bushings. Car has Magnaflow. I am not
familar with the CAGS but will search.

There is a beyond end of summer cruise on Sunday to Cascade Pond. I think I will do that. Should come out!

#24 ·
Bigbad
Nah, I don't think so. Everyone on Beyond seems in their 20's. I could be their father. I know my son wouldn't appreciate me hanging around with him and his buddies. But have a good time and uphold the V name. CAGS is the thing that makes the car want to shift 1-4 if you are just normal driving. I HATED it.
If your shifter feels a bit rubbery, then it still has the original bushings.
Lindsay sells Polyurethane bushings that will make the shifter feel better.

#25 ·
No cruise for me either, out of town working. Car is also in at RCTS for some "stuff"

#27 ·
Reg is doing my Headers/exhaust/cutouts, but mostly went there for a stealth install for my gauges. Davenport was my first choice, but was booking far in advance (started calling in early august).

It's his first CTS-V to work on but has dont lots to Vettes. I had my car dyno'd at Davenport, oh yeah they wouldnt install my headers/exhaust cuz I didnt buy it from them, thats why Reg is working on it, now I remember.

#28 ·
Calgary here...no Cadillac yet but hoping to change that this weekend or so.

I've been searching for months for a large GM SUV, waiting for prices to come down just a bit. Actually have a fully loaded (minus the 20" wheels) 08 Suburban LT3 on hold out in BC with only 14k km's. Nice unit, and hard to beat that warranty and amount driven. Nav, dark leather, only thing I'd change is the wheels.

However, I'd love to have an ESV. I just don't know if I'd be happy with an 05 or 06 Platinum (Platinum only). I've looked at a few and love the look of them on the outside, its just the same interior that I had on my 03 and 04 Avalanches, minus a dated looking Nav screen and cooled seats and different guages. That, and the ones around are either out of warranty or near enough..but could get one in the low $30K range. The 07's are far too rich up here just because $45K+, and low in quantity down in the US, which means higer prices down there too.

The wife is sick of me looking and wants me to just decide already and spend whatever (so she says). I'm wasting far too much time at work hunting around daily.

I had the $ in my hand on a local dealers' 07 ESV with 70k KM and no nav and no wheels for $40K about a month ago, but couldn't pull the trigger with that many miles and no nav/22"'s, when it came down to closing the deal.

As much as I'd be able to spend $45k-$50k on an ESV with nav and the 22"s, I just don't know if I can justify $10k over the 08 Suburban and get an 07 ESV with 50k km on it. I'd still get two years of driving on each, and other then the wheels, Xenon, bigger nav, cooled seats, power liftgate (this Burb doesn't have it), its the same mechanical vehicle.

I have a broker working on it today to see what he can find in the US, but anyone here have anything I haven't thought of?

Is an 05 or 06 Platinum more value at $30K then a 07 at $45K? The Suburban at $35K worth it more then a $45K ESV? That's the way I am leaning.

Time is tight as I have to decide on this Suburban the next day or so and do the deal...its a great price and the color combo I want and has everything I would probably want other then nicer wheels, which can be fixed (22" GM OEM 8 spokes from the States I'm thinking), so I couldn't ask for more out of this Suburban, and would hate to pass it up now and end up looking for one down the road again, but not to find one with the options, colors and low miles this has....but in the end, its not a Cadillac, as you can all appreciate.

Sorry, I realize its personal opinion and personal preference and circumstance, but just need to vent, maybe some of you have been in similar situations.

Any advice or assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers,