Anyone from Alberta? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Canada Discussion, Anyone from Alberta? in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Kev-v Don't use that four letter word here! Track day on Sept 30 and Vegas third week of Oct. Better ...
    Albertan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS REDLINE 2006 CTS-V Infared

Re: Anyone from Alberta?

Kev-v
    Don't use that four letter word here! Track day on Sept 30 and Vegas third week of Oct. Better not be snowing!!!
    GSL is a Chev/Caddy dealership in Calgary. The V they had had really wild chrome wheels, I had thought I had seen it before. Guess I was wrong.

bigbadboss101 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

04 CTS-V silver in calgary.

Bigbad...
    What area of town? I see a Platinum around 130 Ave SE sometimes. ie Keg a few weeks ago.

I am in NW, opposite side of the city. Just got the car 3 days ago too. Who else on here is in Calgary? We should have a meet. I know there are at least 2-3 guys with CTS-V on beyond.ca. Check out the forum if you are not already on.

4DoorGTZ is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Maggie'd 05 CTS-V

Albertan is CTSV on beyond

New signature... test....

Bigbad
    4door and I are on beyond. I figured Albertan wouldn't work on Beyond!
    I have talked 4door into signing up for the AllenBerg road car day on Sept 30. First timers have to go for morning session from 7AM to noon. I've done it before so I get to go after noon. It is a lot of fun and you learn a lot and don't have to worry about getting caught for speeding.
    By the way, does your car have original shifter and rubber bushings and the dreaded CAGS? If so you will like the car even more when you change them.

Yup I know 4Door, he bought some wheels from the guy I got the CTSV from. I traded him my Acura TLS and some $.

As I understand car has UUC shifter. Don't know about the bushings. Car has Magnaflow. I am not
    familar with the CAGS but will search.

There is a beyond end of summer cruise on Sunday to Cascade Pond. I think I will do that. Should come out!

Bigbad
    Nah, I don't think so. Everyone on Beyond seems in their 20's. I could be their father. I know my son wouldn't appreciate me hanging around with him and his buddies. But have a good time and uphold the V name. CAGS is the thing that makes the car want to shift 1-4 if you are just normal driving. I HATED it.
    If your shifter feels a bit rubbery, then it still has the original bushings.
    Lindsay sells Polyurethane bushings that will make the shifter feel better.

No cruise for me either, out of town working. Car is also in at RCTS for some "stuff"

I thought Reg does mainly Euro and Jap cars. What r u getting done? I was thinking of going to Davenport and asking about a Tune etc.

Reg is doing my Headers/exhaust/cutouts, but mostly went there for a stealth install for my gauges. Davenport was my first choice, but was booking far in advance (started calling in early august).

It's his first CTS-V to work on but has dont lots to Vettes. I had my car dyno'd at Davenport, oh yeah they wouldnt install my headers/exhaust cuz I didnt buy it from them, thats why Reg is working on it, now I remember.

mr.nice is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Calgary here...no Cadillac yet but hoping to change that this weekend or so.

I've been searching for months for a large GM SUV, waiting for prices to come down just a bit. Actually have a fully loaded (minus the 20" wheels) 08 Suburban LT3 on hold out in BC with only 14k km's. Nice unit, and hard to beat that warranty and amount driven. Nav, dark leather, only thing I'd change is the wheels.

However, I'd love to have an ESV. I just don't know if I'd be happy with an 05 or 06 Platinum (Platinum only). I've looked at a few and love the look of them on the outside, its just the same interior that I had on my 03 and 04 Avalanches, minus a dated looking Nav screen and cooled seats and different guages. That, and the ones around are either out of warranty or near enough..but could get one in the low $30K range. The 07's are far too rich up here just because $45K+, and low in quantity down in the US, which means higer prices down there too.

The wife is sick of me looking and wants me to just decide already and spend whatever (so she says). I'm wasting far too much time at work hunting around daily.

I had the $ in my hand on a local dealers' 07 ESV with 70k KM and no nav and no wheels for $40K about a month ago, but couldn't pull the trigger with that many miles and no nav/22"'s, when it came down to closing the deal.

As much as I'd be able to spend $45k-$50k on an ESV with nav and the 22"s, I just don't know if I can justify $10k over the 08 Suburban and get an 07 ESV with 50k km on it. I'd still get two years of driving on each, and other then the wheels, Xenon, bigger nav, cooled seats, power liftgate (this Burb doesn't have it), its the same mechanical vehicle.

I have a broker working on it today to see what he can find in the US, but anyone here have anything I haven't thought of?

Is an 05 or 06 Platinum more value at $30K then a 07 at $45K? The Suburban at $35K worth it more then a $45K ESV? That's the way I am leaning.

Time is tight as I have to decide on this Suburban the next day or so and do the deal...its a great price and the color combo I want and has everything I would probably want other then nicer wheels, which can be fixed (22" GM OEM 8 spokes from the States I'm thinking), so I couldn't ask for more out of this Suburban, and would hate to pass it up now and end up looking for one down the road again, but not to find one with the options, colors and low miles this has....but in the end, its not a Cadillac, as you can all appreciate.

Sorry, I realize its personal opinion and personal preference and circumstance, but just need to vent, maybe some of you have been in similar situations.

Any advice or assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Wow, lots of info there. Unfortunatly I cant help, never owned anything heavier then the CTS-V

Really be careful if resale is important to you. I work in the oilpatch and some (uninformed) people are trying to sell 1-2 year old 50k km trucks for same or more then a new one is these days. Deals on trucks are insane they're so paranoid they'll be stuck with them. Not sure if the deals are as good on new large SUV's.

I agreed with 4door, you are definitely in the drivers seat looking for an SUV these days. I was looking to replace my 2001 Z71. 1 year old trucks and demos are more money than new trucks. In the end, I decided to hold onto the truck since I am driving the V, other than in winter. I was on GM truck forums and there was a lot of people that were getting super deals for new. If you have already looked in the states for the Caddy and they aren't available at a good price I don't have much more to suggest. Just make sure to drive a hard bargain and enjoy the vehicle.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.