Having problems with Roy Foss in Toronto
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Canada Discussion, Having problems with Roy Foss in Toronto in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; I have a 2005 CTS-V that has been in for service at Roy Foss for the same problems three times. ...
    andrew-g is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Having problems with Roy Foss in Toronto

I have a 2005 CTS-V that has been in for service at Roy Foss for the same problems three times. I'm sick of the run around and I want to take it to a dealer that fixes the problem the FIRST time! What dealers in the GTA have you had luck with getting there CTS-V's fixed right the first time.

My car has the rear diff whine and they have done everything but replace the diff, it also has the motor mount problem that they are finally replacing today but this is the real kick in the balls:

I get a call this morning about 1.5 hour after I take the car in and the service rep says:

"because you have an aftermarket exhaust we are going to have to charge you $115.00 to take it off"

I say "well if you would have had to take off the stock exhaust to replace the motor mounts, why would charge me to take off the Magnaflow exhaust if its part of the process to replace the motor mounts??

" Sorry its our policy"

So by this point if I want the motor mounts replaced today then I have no choice. I tell him I'm not happy about it and I think its just a cash grab but I have chice so go ahead"

This is the sort of crap that just pisses me off and I will never buy or service a car at Roy Foss ever again.

Has anybody had any luck with Addison?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Re: Having problems with Roy Foss in Toronto

Replied to your other thread in the V section. you should copy this over to the Ontario CTS section: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/ontario-cts-club/

XXSS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Own none....But drive about 20 different ones every week!

My car has the rear diff whine and they have done everything but replace the diff, it also has the motor mount problem that they are finally replacing today but this is the real kick in the balls:
    Is your concern with the rear diff at highway speeds or low speed? I ask as there are a couple of possible things that could help.

I get a call this morning about 1.5 hour after I take the car in and the service rep says:

"because you have an aftermarket exhaust we are going to have to charge you $115.00 to take it off"
    This is a joke right? If the General is paying for the repairs being done, and the exhaust needs to be dropped to perform the repairs then you should not have to pay unless the stock exhaust would not have been in the way.
    It's their policy??? Look for a new dealer! They are already being paid by GM for the repair, someone is filling their
    pockets with the additional approx. 1.3 hours they are charging you.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by XXSS View Post
    Is your concern with the rear diff at highway speeds or low speed? I ask as there are a couple of possible things that could help.

This is a joke right? If the General is paying for the repairs being done, and the exhaust needs to be dropped to perform the repairs then you should not have to pay unless the stock exhaust would not have been in the way.
    It's their policy??? Look for a new dealer! They are already being paid by GM for the repair, someone is filling their
    pockets with the additional approx. 1.3 hours they are charging you.
    Welcome to the forums! Good to see another Ontario member

XXSS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Own none....But drive about 20 different ones every week!

Thanks for the welcome!

pallen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

hey andrew - thanks for the Roy Foss warning. I sent a email to GM Canada today complaining that there is now no dealer in downtown Toronto. Foss is the closest-but a long way from me. I'll let you know what response i get if any from GM.

rotarymaster is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm a new menber here and these are merely my opinions derived from the information at hand. I cannot help paying attention to these concerns after all it will have a direct impact on some of us. I am not aware of all the circumstances and there are always three sides to a story - person 1, person 2 and the truth. First most dealers are being bombarded with vehicles that were bought in the US, histories unknown and I don't know if Andrew's vehicle falls into that group. Second if we actually open that sealed booklet in the glove box that none of us usually read it explains that ANY modifications to enhance the performance can void warranties. Last of all did the dealer help out in the end and were there any other areas of concern that the dealer assisted you with. Just a few thoughts!!

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by rotarymaster View Post
    I'm a new menber here and these are merely my opinions derived from the information at hand. I cannot help paying attention to these concerns after all it will have a direct impact on some of us. I am not aware of all the circumstances and there are always three sides to a story - person 1, person 2 and the truth. First most dealers are being bombarded with vehicles that were bought in the US, histories unknown and I don't know if Andrew's vehicle falls into that group. Second if we actually open that sealed booklet in the glove box that none of us usually read it explains that ANY modifications to enhance the performance can void warranties. Last of all did the dealer help out in the end and were there any other areas of concern that the dealer assisted you with. Just a few thoughts!!
    Having an aftermarket catback exhaust doesn't change the amount of work the dealer needs to do. It is a direct fit bolt on. Either way, OEM or aftermarket exhaust they need to unbolt it. It's not like the aftermarket piece required additional work from the mechanic.

rotarymaster is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I totally agree that in most cases the stock component would also have to be removed, neither one of us know the whole story and I notice Andrew has not posted since the question was posed regarding the outcome!!

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by rotarymaster View Post
    I totally agree that in most cases the stock component would also have to be removed, neither one of us know the whole story and I notice Andrew has not posted since the question was posed regarding the outcome!!
    He did reply in the CTS-V section. It was resolved if I recall correctly.

Murphyg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

Wallace in Milton aint that bad.
    But keep away from Kerr Cadillac in Oakville. OMG !!!!!

mgscustomtune is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS V

Ontario Motore Sales Oshawa Vett/Caddie Dealer

rb1
    rb1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V 2005 Black

There is no way they should charge more to remove an aftermarket exhaust. Don't some cars come new from the dealer with aftermarket exhaust? I think my old '98 Camaro SS was available with Flowmasters...

Murphyg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

Quote Originally Posted by rb1 View Post
    There is no way they should charge more to remove an aftermarket exhaust. Don't some cars come new from the dealer with aftermarket exhaust? I think my old '98 Camaro SS was available with Flowmasters...
    If it comes from the dealer its not after market. Its factory installed and approved.
    I know what your getting at though bout certain vehicles being available from the factory with approved upgrades. But that is what that is. From the factory and approved and installed before delivery. In certain cases installed after delivery. But only by approved/licensed installers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.