Lose Car over 50 over limit - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Canada Discussion, Lose Car over 50 over limit in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Originally Posted by Caddyshack100 Jon, its my understanding that the people who were killed, were making a left turn on ...
    Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Re: Lose Car over 50 over limit

Quote Originally Posted by Caddyshack100 View Post
    Jon, its my understanding that the people who were killed, were making a left turn on a green light, the gravel truck drove through a red light with his horn blaring, correct me if I am wrong here.
    They were facing opposite directions. Dump truck was going straight and the girl in the Civic (I think it was a Civic) was going the opposite direction but making a left turn in front of the dump truck's path.

These directions are probably not accurate, but it's an example:

Dump truck going South.
    Civic facing North but making a left turn (so turning to the West.)

Light was probably going from Yellow to Red. Dump truck is freakin big and heavy so it couldn't stop. Girl in Civic decided to "race" the dump truck across the intersection (or just didn't see it, but how could she not hear it?) and got crushed.

Edit: Here

The Brampton sisters died just days apart after being struck by a southbound dump truck while they waited in the intersection to make a left-hand turn, to head west on Mayfield Road.
    http://www.mycaledon.ca/news/article/34917

Murphyg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    That's a load of crap. Excessive speeds themselves don't cause accidents. It's stupid people who are unattentive that result in devestating accidents.
    Its not a load of crap. Stupid inattentive people that are speeding create devastating accidents.

Your 2 examples are both cases where people turned IN FRONT OF SPEEDING CARS. If you're stupid enough to turn in front of 2 speeding cars you deserve to be killed. Accidents like these happen ALL the time. Only the ones that involve suspected street racing make the news because it's good for the media.
    Im sure you would change your tune if your Mother, Brother, Sister, Father, Any one close to you for that matter; Got hit and killed by someone whom was excessively speeding. Would you and could you truly go through life believing that your Wife, Girlfriend, your infant child (that wasnt driving), "deserved" to be killed ? Do you truly believe that someone killed by another while ignoring the laws that are set for all off society is not responsible ? That the ones that are killed actually deserved it ??????

If Anything In This Thread Is Harsh.....That Is !!!!!

Speed is only a small part of the problem. It's people not being able to obey the right of way, and feeling the need to cut out in traffic in front of other oncoming cars. For some reason they feel these other cars should slow down for them to make a left turn. Everytime I'm going straight and some idiot makes a turn in front of me causing me to slam on my brakes I tell myself, "one day they're gonna get killed doing this." And they do. Well deserved too.
    You have a problem with others that dont want to obey traffic laws. IE: Obeying the right of way.
    But if you want to disobey the traffic law about speeding then that should be ok
    Basically everyone should be specifically looking out for you, because you are special and the laws shouldnt refer to you ?

"Couple killed making turn in intersection by (suspected) racer running red light. Believed to be doing 150 in 60 zone !"

Happened 5 minutes from my house. You're worse than the media. Do you know ANYTHING about this story?
    Yes I do.
    I know that people in one vehicle were killed by someone in another that was racing. Sorry I didnt get the speed limits correct. I was just using as example. I did say "believed". BTW Were you a witness ?
    Should also mention. Is a lot more difficult for accident investigators to gauge speed now a days. Antilock brakes reduce skid marks. I remember when they were quite adamant about the speeds. They never used to say that someone was going "about"...
    And if you werent a witness where did you get your facts from ? Was it from the media by chance ? Or was it from a friend of a friend that knew some one.........etc.....Please dont try to say that you personally went out of your way to retrieve your own copy of the police report.

80 zone, not 60. The "150km/h" was quoted by witnesses who wanted to play cop. Accident report ended up showing it was about 115km/h or so. I drive by this area a couple times a week. It is a STRAIGHT road. Couple was making a left turn. 2 oncoming cars. There's no way they didn't see them. They were just stupid.

Oh wait, here's the best part. The driver that turned in front of the 2 "racing" cars was DRUNK OFF HIS ASS. OVER 2 times the legal limit. Why didn't you put that in your post? Is it because you support drunk driving or you just simply didn't know the facts?
    I was aware the father/husband was impaired. I didnt think he was as much over the limit as you state though. But I guess you got that from the media. I neglected to add that to my post because we are discussing the law introduced to prevent deaths due to negligent racers. The wife wasnt driving. But she is still dead. They were hit by a vehicle that was involved in racing on a public road.
    Im guessing, (by the way you are going with this), if any one that was involved in the racing were killed, Then you would have been all over the driver of the other vehicle as being a fault ?
    It appears you are are one of those that wants to pick and choose the laws that suit you ? Is that correct ? Screw the rest of society if it doesnt suit your own delusions of grandeurs ?
    Only asking is all !
    Remember. You said your self. There are a lot of stupid and inattentive people out there. So do you really think it would be right to abolish laws and raise limits for the likes of the few that believe they are so much better drivers than the rest ? Would it be a good idea to let allow the rest of the inattentive idiots operate vehicles in such a way when they aren't even capable of doing it safely now ?

LMFAO !!!!

100 in a 50 is stupid. 150 in a 100 zone can be justified. Or here's a better one. There's a highway in Brampton that ends and turns into a normal 2 or 3 lane highway. Cops LOVE to sit .............................
    Im not going to get into the cop thing or the tax thing for that matter. Thats not what this thread is about. A least I didnt see it that way. The law was passed because of excessive racing on our streets. And since the law was passed that has decreased. This summer though......well.... time will tell.
    I dont though, see why you have a problem with 100 in a 50 zone. Especially if you have a problem with 150 in a 100 zone ?
    Is it because that much speed in a 50 zone could kill someone ?? Is it because the stupid and inattentive pedestrians dont deserve to be killed when they walk into the intersection to cross the road and get hit by a racer.
    Which has also happened. Which is another reason as to why the law was passed.
    The law was passed because of too many people dying due to the result of "racing" on public roads.

If you want to be pissed off about it. Be pissed off at the irresponsible, self serving, inconsiderate individuals, that believe public roads are there to be used as there own personal play ground. Blame them. Dont blame the numerous greaving familys that have decided that enough is enough and dont want to see anyone else go through the same loss that they have.
    I only had a few examples there. One of them the exact facts may have been off. But that doesnt change the reasoning behind why the law was passed. It was getting out of control and thats that.

I got a better idea. You check yours. The % of car accidents related to speed compared to anything else is VERY small.
    But what about Deaths ? I didnt think I was talking about accidents per say. I thought I was talking about deaths. The main reason as to the passing of the law

And the biggest problem with this law isn't the 50 over part. It's the "stunting" part.

Aggressive lane changes, squealing tires, almost anything can be considered "stunting". This is SOLEY up to the officer's discretion. They can impound your car if you make a lane change and they call it "aggressive".

So let's see... Young teenager, nice car, jealous cop. If I make a lane change that's even questionable, the cop can take my car. It's his word against mine, and even if I'm found innocent in court, my car's already been taken for a week, and I have the impound fines to pay.
    If its obvious its obvious !
    Unbelievable. Another freakin kid that thinks cops cant afford nice cars too. Is that what this is all about ? Cops jealous of your car ?
    Cops have a problem with kids in nice cars? The Government is against you because of your car ?

I really though you were serious until you said , "Young teenager, nice car, jealous cop......"

You really believe a cop cant afford , or doesn't/hasn't ever owned, a nice car ? That adolescent holier than though attitude has been happening since at least the 50s. Cops dont like kids ! And especially dont like kids in nice cars ! LMAO !!!! Cops were kids too at one time LOL ! And so were machinist, and office workers, and bricklayers, and plumbers. We all just eventually grow up and understand.
    Give it a few years. And if you really are as responsible as you believe you are, then come back and answer this thread with wide open adult eyes.

................No one's arguing 100 in a 50 zone should be ok.
    Is the reason why the law was passed. Because the excessive speed "And Racing" was becoming a regular past time on "ALL" the roads.

............................However rather than looking at the speeding and racing and stunt driving issue, it may be wiser to look at what is causing this? First off, speed limits on our roads are too low, people have been voting with their right foot for decades. ..........
    The cause of the law is the attempt to deter "RACING"

That is why the law was passed. I felt that that is what this thread was addressing. Street racing was beginning to be a huge problem.

The speed limits on our roads have nothing to do with that !

Sure, many feel that our speed limits are too low as it is. But when you have those that use them as there own drag strips, they are not helping in the crusade to raise them !

Public roads are not made for people to be "RACING" each other. They are made for people to commute.
    If you want to race someone then you go to a drag strip or race track. Sure they arent right down town or in your neighborhood. But they are here and are accessible for anyone that wants to "race/show off" there vehicle.

The progressive continuance of street racing is the reason for the 50 over law.
    Like I said earlier. Dont blame the government. Blame the holier than though, do what I want where I want selfish irresponsible individuals that felt our public streets all theres to do what they will.

The facts in my first post may have been off a bit. I used those because they were the freshest in my mind. Im not about to attempt to dig up case after case of what was becoming a regular thing on our roads. But any one that lives here, has been paying attention to, and cares about whats been going on......will know that that is the reason as to why the law was passed.

It wasnt for the sole purpose of slowing down people on the highways.
    It was to attempt to put an end to those that felt our streets were there own personal drag strips and race courses.

Blame them and those only !

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Murphyg View Post
    Its not a load of crap. Stupid inattentive people that are speeding create devastating accidents.
    Bullshit. What about stupid ass people who jump on the highway, do 60km/h on the merging lane and cut out in front of a car doing 100 without speeding up?

Im sure you would change your tune if your Mother, Brother, Sister, Father, Any one close to you for that matter; Got hit and killed by someone whom was excessively speeding. Would you and could you truly go through life believing that your Wife, Girlfriend, your infant child (that wasnt driving), "deserved" to be killed ? Do you truly believe that someone killed by another while ignoring the laws that are set for all off society is not responsible ? That the ones that are killed actually deserved it ??????

If Anything In This Thread Is Harsh.....That Is !!!!!
    My girlfriend and sister KNOW they can't drive so they DON'T. If you can't fvcking drive, stay the fvck off the roads.

Yes, stupid people who do stupid things are going to get killed sometimes. So what? People die. You're not always going to be lucky and get away with it. If you want to be stupid and turn in front of 2 oncoming cars you're just trying to cheat death. Would YOU do that?

You have a problem with others that dont want to obey traffic laws. IE: Obeying the right of way.
    But if you want to disobey the traffic law about speeding then that should be ok
    Basically everyone should be specifically looking out for you, because you are special and the laws shouldnt refer to you ?
    Never said speeding was always "ok". My problem is people like you put the blame SOLELY on the people that were speeding.

Look, if the people who had the right of way weren't speeding, the accident may not have been as bad. Maybe a broken arm or something with no fatalities. However, if the people weren't so braindead to turn in front of oncoming traffic, the accident would not have happened in the first place.

I was aware the father/husband was impaired. I didnt think he was as much over the limit as you state though. But I guess you got that from the media. I neglected to add that to my post because we are discussing the law introduced to prevent deaths due to negligent racers. The wife wasnt driving. But she is still dead. They were hit by a vehicle that was involved in racing on a public road.
    Im guessing, (by the way you are going with this), if any one that was involved in the racing were killed, Then you would have been all over the driver of the other vehicle as being a fault ?
    It appears you are are one of those that wants to pick and choose the laws that suit you ? Is that correct ? Screw the rest of society if it doesnt suit your own delusions of grandeurs ?
    Only asking is all !
    Remember. You said your self. There are a lot of stupid and inattentive people out there. So do you really think it would be right to abolish laws and raise limits for the likes of the few that believe they are so much better drivers than the rest ? Would it be a good idea to let allow the rest of the inattentive idiots operate vehicles in such a way when they aren't even capable of doing it safely now ?

LMFAO !!!!
    If you knew the father was impaired why didn't you mention it? I guess you're just like everybody else. Let's hide the fault of the "innocent dad" so the speeders look worse. The wife wasn't driving, but she's still dead. Yes, that is true. She's also just as stupid. Would YOU let someone who's drunk get behind the wheel of a car? Would YOU get into the car with them? If so then I suspect you will stop posting here soon and we'll never hear from you again.

Again. I'm not saying it's solely the drunk driver's fault. They share the responsibility. You don't seem to understand that.

I have no problem with the speed limits. No, I don't support raising them. There are too many idiots out there who can't even manage going 100 on the highway.

I just think Bill 203 is absolute braindead stupid. It violates the whole "innocent before proven guilty."

Im not going to get into the cop thing or the tax thing for that matter. Thats not what this thread is about. A least I didnt see it that way. The law was passed because of excessive racing on our streets. And since the law was passed that has decreased. This summer though......well.... time will tell.
    I dont though, see why you have a problem with 100 in a 50 zone. Especially if you have a problem with 150 in a 100 zone ?
    Is it because that much speed in a 50 zone could kill someone ?? Is it because the stupid and inattentive pedestrians dont deserve to be killed when they walk into the intersection to cross the road and get hit by a racer.
    Which has also happened. Which is another reason as to why the law was passed.
    The law was passed because of too many people dying due to the result of "racing" on public roads.
    100 in a 50 is stupid because it's 2x the speed limit. 50 zones are usually in city limits where there are things to hit.

150 in a 100 can be completely justified. I used to drive between Waterloo and the GTA at night twice a week. On an empty highway there is absolutely no reason why I can't be going 150.

If you want to be pissed off about it. Be pissed off at the irresponsible, self serving, inconsiderate individuals, that believe public roads are there to be used as there own personal play ground. Blame them. Dont blame the numerous greaving familys that have decided that enough is enough and dont want to see anyone else go through the same loss that they have.
    I only had a few examples there. One of them the exact facts may have been off. But that doesnt change the reasoning behind why the law was passed. It was getting out of control and thats that.
    You're right. Let's grieve with the families of the drunk drivers. Hey, isn't DUI a criminal offense? Yes, yes it is. What about speeding? Nope. Hmmm, doesn't that tell you anything? DUI is a much worse crime.
    But what about Deaths ? I didnt think I was talking about accidents per say. I thought I was talking about deaths. The main reason as to the passing of the law
    The main reason this law was passed is because the media blew everything out of proportion and hid the facts about accidents. Now anyone who drives a fast/loud car is immediately a suspect.

If its obvious its obvious !
    Unbelievable. Another freakin kid that thinks cops cant afford nice cars too. Is that what this is all about ? Cops jealous of your car ?
    Cops have a problem with kids in nice cars? The Government is against you because of your car ?

I really though you were serious until you said , "Young teenager, nice car, jealous cop......"

You really believe a cop cant afford , or doesn't/hasn't ever owned, a nice car ? That adolescent holier than though attitude has been happening since at least the 50s. Cops dont like kids ! And especially dont like kids in nice cars ! LMAO !!!! Cops were kids too at one time LOL ! And so were machinist, and office workers, and bricklayers, and plumbers. We all just eventually grow up and understand.
    Give it a few years. And if you really are as responsible as you believe you are, then come back and answer this thread with wide open adult eyes.

Is the reason why the law was passed. Because the excessive speed "And Racing" was becoming a regular past time on "ALL" the roads.

Right. I'm sure all these 25-30 year old cops in my neighbourhood all drive nice cars and aren't jealous of me at all.

Jon, its my understanding that the people who were killed, were making a left turn on a green light, the gravel truck drove through a red light with his horn blaring, correct me if I am wrong here.
    Was a big article on that whole thing.
    Dump Truck drivers that had worked there.
    Am sure some would comment that it was the media that reported it. But anyways.....

Anyways.....past drivers telling how they had too....how bad it really is.....standard procedure to be flooring with a full load and hit the horn if the light went yellow. If you dont risk the lives of others by disobeying traffic laws then you dont make as much and or loose your job.

I see know way how doing that and killing someone in the process can be blamed on too low of speed limits.
    It comes down to one thing and one thing only. Reckless and careless disrespect for the rules of the road.
    If he didnt drive that way he may not make as much money each day. At the extreme worst he may have lost his job.
    But are any of those scenarios a good enough excuse to possibly kill another person. (And in his case......"WAS" it a good enough excuse) !

Traffic laws are there for us all for a reason. And not one of us have the right to pick and chose to obey only the ones that we feel relate to us, and ignore the rest.

This thread started about warning U.S resident of the new 50 over law.
    A very good thing to do. Am sure many, if not close to all, were not aware of this new law.
    A very good heads up.

After a few replies, I thought to explain as to why the law was passed.
    It then turned into an argument about whether or not speed kills. Who is responsible for what accident. Etc......
    Some arguing most everything that Ive said........Except.....

Except what my original post was attempting to state.

My attempt to explain why such an (extreme by somes standards) law was passed.

Werther or not the reason for the passing of the law is acceptable and justified by all......that is the reason as to why it was passed.

Doesnt appear to be any argument as to my explanation to the reason why.
    But sure a hell of a lot of arguments as to what kind of deaths are acceptable for whichever traffic law is ignored.

Jon

After a few replies, I thought to explain as to why the law was passed.
    That is why I have a problem with your arguement. Your justification of this law is from a couple stories where people turned in front of oncoming cars. And in 1 case the guy was really drunk.

Then you completely ignore the fault of the "victims" and blame the whole accident on speeding...

So this law is passed because the public knows half the facts.

.................................................. ..

Right. I'm sure all these 25-30 year old cops in my neighbourhood all drive nice cars and aren't jealous of me at all.
    I clicked and the first thing I saw was this line. I havent even read the rest of your post yet.

You know maybe your right. Every single 25-30 year old cop in your neighborhood is sooooo sooooo jealous of your car.
    There lives are so insignificant that they cant sleep at night because all they can think of is how badly they were you and had a car like yours.

I just dont know what to say That is just sooo freakin hilarious !

Oh! Oh! Oh! I know I know
    You use Axe Body Spray too right. And not because you think it smells good.
    But because you actually believe that what happens in the commercials is true

I know I said that I didnt know what to say. But it just came to me so had too say it.

Another thing that will happen when you open your eyes and look at the world as an adult. You'll learn not to set yourself up so easy ally.

You really cant get mad at me for that. If your gonna strut around and portray yourself with that kind of an ego. Then your gonna have to expect and be able to shrug off those kind of comebacks.

Seriously. You left yourself wide wide open for that. That was just way too easy.

That is why I have a problem with your arguement. Your justification of this law is from a couple stories where people turned in front of oncoming cars. And in 1 case the guy was really drunk.

Then you completely ignore the fault of the "victims" and blame the whole accident on speeding...

So this law is passed because the public knows half the facts.
    Are you seriously saying that you were not aware of the progression of the street racing that was occurring ?
    And I will say it again. "The Law Was Passed Because Of The Progression Of Street Racing" It wasnt because of specifically speeding. It was because of the progression of "Street Racing".
    It was more than a couple of stories. More than the media. Common freakin knowledge ! It was becoming a regular thing. What rock have you been living under ?

mgscustomtune is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS V

The law is nothing more than a cash grab. In our society that is becoming more and more goverment controlled. I think we have more laws than a Comunist Country in Canada. Crack down on crime and drunk drivers not the guy who is running late to get to work to provide for his family or others who just want to open there car up on a clear hwy . Just look at Europe where countries have no speed limit on there super hwy's there death toll is no more. I think the law is bull ****. But if anyone likes to show by example and bring your car to me l can set speedlimiter at 100klm/hr.

Jon

I clicked and the first thing I saw was this line. I havent even read the rest of your post yet.

You know maybe your right. Every single 25-30 year old cop in your neighborhood is sooooo sooooo jealous of your car.
    There lives are so insignificant that they cant sleep at night because all they can think of is how badly they were you and had a car like yours.

I just dont know what to say That is just sooo freakin hilarious !

Oh! Oh! Oh! I know I know
    You use Axe Body Spray too right. And not because you think it smells good.
    But because you actually believe that what happens in the commercials is true

I know I said that I didnt know what to say. But it just came to me so had too say it.

Another thing that will happen when you open your eyes and look at the world as an adult. You'll learn not to set yourself up so easy ally.

You really cant get mad at me for that. If your gonna strut around and portray yourself with that kind of an ego. Then your gonna have to expect and be able to shrug off those kind of comebacks.

Seriously. You left yourself wide wide open for that. That was just way too easy.
    Seriously, what the hell would you know? How old are you? I'm 22. I KNOW the attention I get from the cops.

Last fall I was sitting at the lights. I'm the first car in the left, cop is the 2nd car in the right lane. Light turns green I'm doing 60 on the dot and the guy beside me (that was in front of the cop) is pulling away. I would guess 75-80. The cop decides to stay behind me. So here's some guy going 20~ over the limit but he decides to stay behind me. Hmmmm.

Jon

Are you seriously saying that you were not aware of the progression of the street racing that was occurring ?
    And I will say it again. "The Law Was Passed Because Of The Progression Of Street Racing" It wasnt because of specifically speeding. It was because of the progression of "Street Racing".
    It was more than a couple of stories. More than the media. Common freakin knowledge ! It was becoming a regular thing. What rock have you been living under ?
    You're so deluded it's pathetic. If this law is to combat street racing then why the hell can people be charged under it if they're the ONLY CAR ON THE ROAD?!

So now Ive read the rest:

Bullshit. What about stupid ass people who jump on the highway, do 60km/h on the merging lane and cut out in front of a car doing 100 without speeding up?

My girlfriend and sister KNOW they can't drive so they DON'T. If you can't fvcking drive, stay the fvck off the roads.
    You forgot to add:
    If you cant obey the rules of the roads then dont drive. You dont have the right to think your above any one else and the rules dont apply to you.
    You admitted yourself that you speed. Which mind you is against the law. But you seem to think its OK for you. But you get upset when someone else breaks the law and doesnt yield what you believe mat be your right of way while your speeding. You get upset with them for driving hazardously against the law. But no one should be upset with you ?
    Why is it ok for you to break the law but not others ?
    Why should the rules only apply to others and not you

Never said speeding was always "ok". My problem is people like you put the blame SOLELY on the people that were speeding.
    I dont know where you got the idea that I blame accidents SOLELY on speeding. I dont know where this people like "me" thing came from.
    It was my attempt to explain the reason why this 50 over law was passed.
    The law was passed because of the progression of Street Racing. Once again. Im not going to search for every incident that has occurred over the past X amount of years. If you have no clue as to why the law was passed. If you yourself believe its only because of the couple of incidents that were mentioned here. Then you should expand your world a bit more than your neighborhood, and what you perceive to be all the cops that live there that are jealous of you.

If you knew the father was impaired why didn't you mention it? I guess you're just like everybody else. Let's hide the fault of the "innocent dad" so the speeders look worse. The wife wasn't driving, but she's still dead. Yes, that is true. She's also just as stupid. Would YOU let someone who's drunk get behind the wheel of a car? Would YOU get into the car with them? If so then I suspect you will stop posting here soon and we'll never hear from you again.
    I already explained why I didnt bring it up. You have made it quite obvious that you dont pay attention to all that one says.
    You also appear to be quite a crass and insensitive sociopath. Dead and stupid you called her.
    I only say that because it really does appear that you are blaming her and calling her stupid because of others that were breaking the law.
    Werther it be her husband that was driving her. Or the individuals that were Racing. As well as some of the other things that you have said. You really do appear to be quit cold and uncaring.

You have made quit a few statements on how you believe that its ok for you to break the laws. But then on how upset you get when others do the same.
    Your indifferent views on the deaths of others is also quit disturbing.
    Your disregard and continued arguing about statements that have already been explained and clarified is also quite masochistic.

I really cant do this with you anymore

Jon

So now Ive read the rest:

You forgot to add:
    If you cant obey the rules of the roads then dont drive. You dont have the right to think your above any one else and the rules dont apply to you.
    You admitted yourself that you speed. Which mind you is against the law. But you seem to think its OK for you. But you get upset when someone else breaks the law and doesnt yield what you believe mat be your right of way while your speeding. You get upset with them for driving hazardously against the law. But no one should be upset with you ?
    Why is it ok for you to break the law but not others ?
    Why should the rules only apply to others and not you

I dont know where you got the idea that I blame accidents SOLELY on speeding. I dont know where this people like "me" thing came from.
    It was my attempt to explain the reason why this 50 over law was passed.
    The law was passed because of the progression of Street Racing. Once again. Im not going to search for every incident that has occurred over the past X amount of years. If you have no clue as to why the law was passed. If you yourself believe its only because of the couple of incidents that were mentioned here. Then you should expand your world a bit more than your neighborhood, and what you perceive to be all the cops that live there that are jealous of you.

I already explained why I didnt bring it up. You have made it quite obvious that you dont pay attention to all that one says.
    You also appear to be quite a crass and insensitive sociopath. Dead and stupid you called her.
    I only say that because it really does appear that you are blaming her and calling her stupid because of others that were breaking the law.
    Werther it be her husband that was driving her. Or the individuals that were Racing. As well as some of the other things that you have said. You really do appear to be quit cold and uncaring.

You have made quit a few statements on how you believe that its ok for you to break the laws. But then on how upset you get when others do the same.
    Your indifferent views on the deaths of others is also quit disturbing.
    Your disregard and continued arguing about statements that have already been explained and clarified is also quite masochistic.

I really cant do this with you anymore
    Good, then leave.

I never said it was ok fine for me to speed. If I speed and I get nailed for speeding, sure, I deserve it. I have told you the 50 over part of Bill 203 is not my main concern. Go back up and read. It's the fact that "stunting" can be defined as almost anything and it is ALL UP TO THE officer that pulls you over.

I follow the flow of traffic on the highway. Is that speeding? Yes it is. Am I disturbing other people? Do people have to take action to avoid me? No. If I turn in front of oncoming cars does that disturb them? Do they have to take action to avoid me? YES.

Yes, you did blame accidents solely on speeding. The fact that you dismissed and hid the fact that Mr. Manchester was completely drunk shows that. You wanted everyone to believe that the accident was because those 2 kids were "street racing."

You can call me uncaring and whatever. Yes, I am cold. Again I ask you, would you get into a car with a drunk driver?

Caddyshack100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP

Whether someone is speeding, stunt driving or Racing, when you strip away all the rhetoric, its about speed. Our society and the Americans have sped themselves up, I do not think its about selfishness, or I own the road and get out of my way because I am more important. In the last 15 years, we have become much more crowded and a lot less tolerant of Traffic Lights, Stop Signs and other political devices to slow us down. For some reason, politicians and planners want us to cram into smaller and smaller spaces so they can provide or so they believe services (read public Transit) and try and force people to not use their cars. THis all effects the way we drive. The law as its stands is seriously flawed, it leaves too much in the hands of the police officer, it goes against every grain of common sense, you are innocent until proven guility, this is not Mexico. I will be 45 this year, when I was young, I had a 69 Dodge Charger, and yes I did race it on the streets, Woodbridge mostly. The cops knew about it, in fact sometimes they would be watching as well. I am not saying that today, we had hotter cars then and some today, this was not an issue, since people have had cars, they have raced each other, all of a sudden its a problem. While its politically correct to attack, speeders, stunter, racers. I believe that politicians and police need to address much more important issues. Ontario has not got its priorities straight when it comes to traffic control, all levels of government go out of their way to harrass the motorist. Taxes at the pump, no new highways, toll roads, losing your licence if you drink and boat. Forcing people to buy auto insurance thus causing the high insurance levels today. All this plays a part. Jon is right on the money when he says as a young man he is given more 'attention' Young people today are screwed when you compare what I went through, now they can not buy cars without the help of mom and dad, or pay through the nose for Facility insurance. Jon you are 22, what do you pay for insurance, 400 month if you are lucky, and I bet the company you insure through does not care if you a good driver or not, they have you by the balls until 25 and they will milk you until then.

I myself did not pass the law.
    I was only making an attempt to explain the reasoning behind the governments decision.

Please do not shoot the messenger !

It is an argument that can/and has been going on for years. Actually; since the first week motor vehicles first hit the road.

Governments This ! Police Officers That ! They are all out to get us !!

I agree that we are no where near a Utopian existence. But without the laws that we have selected. Without the Rights that we have decided should apply to all. Without the Governments we have elected to appoint such positions of law and order......
    Where then would we be ?

Should add....Side note:
    Quote Originally Posted by mgscustomtune View Post
    ........................ Just look at Europe where countries have no speed limit on there super hwy's there death toll is no more. I think the law is bull ****. ..............................
    Those European countries that have highways with no speed limits in designated sections, They are a free for all.
    Free for all in the sense that any kind of damage and or loss of life is bestowed upon the driver at fault. No insurance coverage what so ever ! Whom ever the Government appointed Police/Investigators deem to be at fault are the ones whom pay.
    And they pay out of there pocket. They Kill someone, then they pay, And they pay very large !!!
    If you wish to drive like that then you and solely you are responsible for your actions. It is set for those that "believe" they are talented enough to press those limits. But still set up in such a manner as to exonerate those that wish to exist within the laws of a democratic society to be accepted by all.
    If you wish to press the limits. Then you may do so. But you do so amongst others that also wish too. Not amongst innocence that like to believe those around them are also law abiding citizens.

There are places for that in Europe. As well as many places for that in North America. There is a time and a place for excessive speed limits etc........

And it should not be on public roads.

Turning this into an argument about *******s that have a certain job that deals with the public is nonsense.
    Ive had more problems with dicks when tryin to order a pizza. And if they had they power Im sure they would have given me a fine. But Im guessing that all they did was spit on my cheese.

We are all human beings. And as is certainally noticeable here. It doesnt take much to set some off and want to retaliate.
    Just go with the flow and and maybe take some meds, (if need be), to get out of that paranoia the paranoia that the government, the cops, the world, is out to get you.

In the last 15 years, we have become much more crowded and a lot less tolerant of Traffic Lights, Stop Signs and other political devices to slow us down. For some reason, politicians and planners want us to cram into smaller and smaller spaces so they can provide or so they believe services (read public Transit) and try and force people to not use their cars. THis all effects the way we drive. .
    One must remember, that the reason as to why we congregate in such a clustered way, has nothing to do with the government.
    It is not the fault of the government to want us to use public transit.
    It is not the government that is forcing us to into residing withing close quarters.
    It is not the fault of the government as to where the masses reside.
    We have always been intelligent enough to know, that to prosper, we must be along the trade routes.

"That is not something that the government came up with!!!"

That is plain common sense

Im sure that many arent pleased with the way North America....(Or the Free World for that matter)......is governed. But to put onus upon the government for just a few, against the rights of us all as a whole...............

Give an inch and take a mile I guess.
    Maybe some just need something to Bitch about.
    Maybe some are just selfish.
    Maybe some believe they are above the rest and feel that certain particular laws are below there status.
    Maybe some dont have a clue that the world doesnt revolve around them.
    Maybe some dont have a clue that society doesnt function on an individual basis.
    Maybe some dont have a clue as to how well they really have it.

Maybe some dont have a clue as to what "IT" is

It is an argument that can/and has been going on for years. Actually... since the first week motor vehicles first hit the road.
    I myself did not pass the law.
    I was only making an attempt to explain the reasoning behind the governments decision.

Please do not shoot the messenger !

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.