Cadillac Owners Forum banner
6K views 29 replies 23 participants last post by  CTSVdrmg 
#1 ·
Than get in here and introduce yourself to your neighbors!

#4 ·
Calgary, just picked up my S/C'd 05 cts-v.... thinking of taking it to the track friday :)

#5 ·
Hey fellow Canucks, I am a new member from Calgary.

I am looking for an alternative to the massive dealer labour costs. A trustworthy mechanic, be it in a smaller shop or even a GM trained individual who has plenty of experience working on Northstar equipped cars that works out of his garage?

Do any of you know of a good place to take my Caddies for repairs here in Alberta?

I really appreciate any help here as I am willing to pay to have my cars repaired as long as I can find a qualified individual or shop.

Thanks.

95 STS
99 STS - (w/blown headgasket!)

#6 ·
I have wondered the same, havent needed anything yet... Was thinking of Jack Carter's (only Caddy dealer in town) but I'm sure their per/hr rate is high. I was also contemplating Davenport Mortorsports for some performance goodie installs (they do lots of vettes) but havent reasearched it any further.

#8 ·
Jack Carter isn't only Cadillac dealer in Calgary. CMP Classic in NE is a Caddy dealer as is GSL. I've had a bit of an issue with Carter when I brought my car in from USA. I had to show them what was wrong with the part in question. I'll be bringing it back when it snows for work so I will see how that works out. As far as good private shops couldn't tell. I do my own work. Just rebuilt two 2.4 litre DOHC motors Cavalier/Sunfire for two of my kids.

#11 ·
Another Calgarian here. The Cadillac is not mine, it is my brothers (I am a mercedes man) but I do the majority of the minor work on it. I too am looking for a reputable mechanic to service what I can not. My brother and I are both students so needless to say we already spend the majority of what little cash we have on our cars and I dont want my brother to take it to jack carter and get ripped off.... again. Somebody must know a good mechanic with his own shop in or around town?
p.s. the car is a black on grey 93 FWD 4.9 Deville that I picked out with him a couple of years back

#12 ·
Andy1 here from Calgary.
Albertan...I was going to try Jack Carter as CMP is next to useless for work on my 06 DTS. After 7 visits [in 6 months] and 8 problems (one caused by them) I have 4 problems fixed. Anyone know how to fix HID headlights that stay on in bright light?
Thanks

#17 ·
Murphyg
no need for apology...there are so many confusing options on these cars. My 06 lux2 has the 3 way automatic (2 front and rear seat) heat/AC controls as standard. On the 07 thay are optional, go figure. Maybe the rainsense were standard, but I think GM wants to save every penny, so now we have to pay extra.

Albertan
Good idea about sensor, but it was changed last October. Made no difference. Let us know how GSL is. I'm ready to give up on CMP. A buddy of mine is happy with Jack Carter.
Andy1

#20 ·
Another Caddi-Canadian here.......livin in Red Deer, Alberta cruisin an 04 CTS-V. How many Albertan's do we got in this forum? :cool:

Attachments

#22 ·
saw the invite for anyone from Canada .. new member still learning how this works and a new owner of an STS...
after many years of being drawn to the style of STS of the early 2000 years recently saw a dark blue 03 fully equiped low mileage and went for it .. after three weeks I still look for excuses to go somewhere .. hoping I have a reliable/ low maintenance/ reasonable V8 mileage vehicle.
Saltey

#23 ·
Take care of it Saltey.
Regular routine manufacturer maintenance is critical.
Number one is to maintain the coolant. If it has not been done yet....then I suggest that you do it asap.
I believe that its X # of miles/kilometers or 5 years for the coolant. So the 5 years is up. So I would suggest to do that if not recently done.

Standard regular manufacturer maintenance intervals may seem like a hassle and/or something that could be put of for a little while......But truth be knownst.....follow those intervals religiously and you will be spending less and less time in this forum asking questions and stressed out. You will actually be coming here to relax and enjoy the atmosphere.

When it comes to your Cadillac, the manufacturer really does know best, no matter what anyone else may tell you.

#26 ·
From Brockville, Ontario.

Just took delivery of a Black Cherry '09 CTS DI AWD last Wednesday.

So far, have 670 kms on the odometer and I'm still going through the owner's manual learning all of the car's details, but so far, I'm totally blown away!! This car is sooo good! No complaints whatsoever! Seems like GM really sweated the details on this one.(up to now, I've only been able to make that claim on my previous Audi S4--that says something).

Now, if only GM would build an AWD version of the CTS-V2!!

Jonathan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.