"Like" a post - is there a limit?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Ranger
Cadillacforums Help Desk - Site news and site problems Discussion, "Like" a post - is there a limit? in Registration Problems/Site Related Issues; Hi, I have been reading through many of the posts in various forums and frequently want to "Like" a post. ...
    bwv565 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Ford Mustang, 2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata GT

"Like" a post - is there a limit?

Hi, I have been reading through many of the posts in various forums and frequently want to "Like" a post. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I was wondering if there is a daily/hourly, etc. limit to the number of times you can click on that link for posts in a thread. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: "Like" a post - is there a limit?

Good question ......... I've never seen a time/number limit to the "like" function. It seems to serve no real function - there is also the ability to assign "stars" to a thread, from 1 to 5................ and for the flip side, why is there no "don't like" option ?

Up until a year and a half ago there was a third option, posted above the post count in a member's login header, to assign "rep points" to a member and/or posts. Member A might have 120 "rep points" while Member B might have 1,000 "rep points" ........... to what end ?

Well as I look through the postings, particularly the picture ('show us your ....') threads, I like to indicate that I find their post enjoyable, or informative, etc., and that is a good way to do it. It seems that if I start browsing the threads, then "like" one post, i cannot do that again until I close my browser and log back in. Maybe it's a Firefox issue, I haven't tried it in Chrome or IE.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Based on Luke.....I would think not.....

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    Based on Luke.....I would think not.....
    Sorry, I don't get your reference. Who is Luke?

A regular in Lounge who "likes" everything. Some days I will log on and find 6 or 8 from him alone. I am sure he isn't going through all that to do it.

admin is offline Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bwv565 View Post
    Hi, I have been reading through many of the posts in various forums and frequently want to "Like" a post. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I was wondering if there is a daily/hourly, etc. limit to the number of times you can click on that link for posts in a thread. Thanks.
    Hi there, there shouldn't be a limit on how many "likes" but let me look into it for you so I can test it out and see if I can duplicate the issue.

Thanks,
    Cayne - Community Support

Thanks, Cayne. It would be good to know. It seems like I can 'like' several posts in a row and then clicking "like" from that point forward doesn't do anything. I will see if there's a pattern to the exact number of times it takes for this to occur and get back to you. Cheers

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    Good question ......... I've never seen a time/number limit to the "like" function. It seems to serve no real function

Member A might have 120 "rep points" while Member B might have 1,000 "rep points" ........... to what end ?
    Same is true for "likes". Serves no real function and to what end. Like Dave said, every time you sign in you have to go and clear several of them. Personally I'd disable the feature. Luke wouldn't like that, but he'll get over it. Just my $0.02
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

Irony intended.....

admin is offline Administrator

It looks like there are to many likes being made at one time and it is throttling them and slowing it down until you can not like something.

I would try it out and when an issues arises let me know what you are liking at the time. so I can see where the error may be starting from.

Hi admin, it appears that this is fixed. Not sure if it just magically happened or if you changed something but I am now able to "like" several posts in succession. Just thought you might want to know.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.