Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2013 XTS has rough ride

14K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ccclarke 
#1 ·
So I just picked up a 2013 XTS-4 luxury and the ride seems to be rougher than I expected. The car has newer air shocks and compressor. Is this just the way they ride or is there some kind of adjustment for ride quality?

Thanks

#4 ·
My Lux (non-4) calls for 36psi. Whenever I take it in for service, they invariably set them at 40psi and I notice it right away. Just dropping back to 36 helps for me. So, again, just a thought. You don't want to underinflate too much but I'd imagine 36-35ish would be fine, DEPENDING on what your tires call for. The tires themselves play a lot into ride quality too. So if psi seems right, another consideration would be changing to a different tire...but do your research looking for ride quality. An example...on my old 06 CTS, the factory tires rode rough, I thought, and I ran them out. When new tire time came, I put on Toyo Proxes (the then model of them) and it was like two different cars. Even though the XTS is not a sports car, they are trying for sporty ride and handling so suspension is overall stiffer than Caddy's of old.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.