Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Driver's seat - Auto memory recall

8K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  XTSPlat 
#1 ·
Apologies if this has been covered - I did a search but couldn't find an answer.

Every car that I have owned where the driver's favorite seat position, exterior mirror positions, radio stations, etc. is linked to whose key is used to unlock the car, it has been "Unlock with Key #1, everything adjusts for Driver #1." Not so with the XTS: Unlock with Key #1 and nothing moves until you hit the Start / Stop button.

This great for Mrs Haz who gets into a roomy area and then gets it adjusted to her preferences. I, on the other hand, can't even get behind the steering wheel to get to that Start button: insufficient room. Since so much in our cars is software driven, is this something that can be reprogrammed to move all the "stuff" when unlocking the car?

#5 ·
Ah well, I got my hopes up too early. Both the Manual (p. 153 and p. 59) and the car itself only give me an Auto Memory Recall option of ON or OFF. Nothing about Door Opening vs Ignition On. The only Driver Only other option is for Easy Exit Recall.

So perhaps it's either related to the build year (2016) or the model (Luxury) as to whether there is a further option beyond ON or OFF.

#8 ·
I believe I have my '14 Lux set to easy exit (seat back) when driver door opens and mem recall when the start button is pushed. Which all means the seat is back when I exit AND enter, then moves to driving position when I start car. Is this what you're looking to do?

#11 ·
My Lux has the "memory package", which controls both front seats, telescoping steering wheel, and outside mirrors. And it appears to be standard equipment since it's not listed under added on options on my window sticker. That said, I guess I don't understand exactly what it is you are wanting memory to do. So, all's I can say is that when I use my FOB to unlock the car and open the driver door, the seat goes to easy exit. As soon as I get in and hit start button, it and mirrors move into my driving preference positions. And, the wife's FOB does the same for her settings when she's driving. Not sure if it does anything with the radio or not...never tried fooling with that...although we typically only listen to sat radio anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.