Cadillac Owners Forum banner

XTS Major Refresh

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  NormV 
#1 ·
JdN mentioned the XTS is in for a major fresh.

My hopes:

1. Front end revision of vertical lights to align more fully with current models.
2. Panoramic rearview mirror camera.
3. New interior color/material selections.
4. Seat revision, similar to the CT6.

What do you think this might include?

#3 ·
My Wishlist would be:
1- Full Panoramic Sunroof (not the one and half sunroof we have right now)
2- Auto parking and Lane Keep Assist for the vsport XTS
3- Revised transmission to unleash the torque in the vsport engine (the engine has more potential in it when compared to the CTS v sports, the XTS bottle neck is the transmission)
4- Better seat ventilation, what we have in current XTS is a joke
5- Soft door close
6- Detection of pedestrian for the auto brake
7- Bose panaray
8- Better exterior style especially the back and the sides. In current Cadillac cars, the CTS have the best looking front and the ATS have the best looking rear

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#7 ·
XTS has a hallow sounding, quiver to the chassis. More rigidity would b better but even my buddies CT6 Lux has some flex unlike the ATS which feels like it was made from ingot.

SuperPrince, you just need a ecu/TCU computer tune to unleash your VSport. The thing is a beast when tuned.

#15 ·
The issue with the XTS V-Sport isn't the Transmission, it's the AWD system's torque limitations that is keeping the XTS V-Sport from being all that it can be. They detuned the engine a bit for the sake of keeping the AWD system itself from going to bits... lots of potential there untapped. The XTS is a FWD-biased, AWD system. CTS V-Sport, OTOH, is purely a RWD car. So therein is the stumbling block.

#17 ·
The back up camera works well when backing into marked parking spot. The rear sensors can pick up quickly moving trucks head your direction from over 100 feet away. I was really impressed.

The ride quality is typical MRC shocks, stiff on the little stuff with 20" wheel. But over big highway dips I can watch cars wallow and bouce where my VSport takes it with ease. From Ohio to Key West and back this was rockn'! With Adaptive Cruise set st 80 mph the whole way I really didn't get passed much unless I was south of Miami where even 90 mph would leave you behind a few, including and unmarked Police Ford Fusion that pulled over a motorcycle.

The hydraulic steering can be a bit heavy compared to today's lighter feeling, electric units. But when Waze had us detour construction area at I-26 to -I-77 northbound andnwe getbto experience 20-30 mph, banked switchbacks us where this chassis shined. Of course the speed limiter in the passenger seat along with two black hounds in the back seat ended the fun. The VSport sure is buttoned down in the handling department. With the ecu tuned even new BMW 750i were kept in check as we worked through traffic.

Only annoyances were triple horn honk when we left car running for AC for the dogs, rear climate control I set from the front to LO but would soon revert to from temp or HI. It could have been the water bowl or treat container messing with the rear seat cobtrol, and the white on black interior trim would reflect off if the passenger side map light. Plus there was no way to see what the boys were doing in the backseat at night since they were black and there is no control over the backseat lighting without turning on the bright front seat lights too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.