Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Red Baby Red is hot inside at times

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BRolinger 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I’m CadillacRed_, I just purchased a 2016 XTS, because I was very happy with my 2013 XTS. I’m having a problem with my air conditioning system. The air will start to blow warm at times, I took it into service and they told me it was fine. Sorry to say, that is not the case so I’m having to take it back. I understand that stuff happens however, I have to drive over a 100 miles to get to the dealer. My question to everyone, is there something the tech may be missing when he checks “Red Baby Red”? In earlier models I see reports of temp sensors needing adjustments and CUE reboots, could one of these be the problem? I’m taking the car back to the dealer Sat for them to keep the car and look over it again. I’m going to tell them to wait until the temp gets around 90 or 95 degrees and then try to drive the car and be comfortable, smile.
Thanks in advance, CadillacRed_

#2 ·
Since you had a 2013 you obviously are familiar with the A/C system in your car. However, check one item. Go to Cue settings, vehicle, climate and air quality, auto fan speed and see if High is checked.
See if that helps. It's easier than going 100 miles to the dealer. Hope this helps.

----------

Also make sure your system is set to Auto.

----------

Oh, and that driver and passenger are In Sync.

#4 ·
Does this happen when the AC is actually running, or when your HVAC is "shut off" and you are just cruising without the heater or AC actually on? The temp may be set to say, 76, when you shut it down, but continues to maintain that temp as air flows through the system. I find either kicking the temp to LO or hitting the recirculate button stops that influx of warm air. Just a thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.