Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Looking at 2014 XTS Vsport premium - questions

5K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  NormV 
#1 ·
Yesterday I test drove a 2013 XTS premium. I enjoyed the car however I felt it lacked instant power.

I currently drive an 06 DTS which has plenty of instant power.

Next week I will be looking at 2014 V Sport to see if it has the power the standard 3.6 was missing.

Can anyone offer an opinion or insight to the performance of the V Sport?

Thank you.

#3 ·
I traded a 2013 XTS Premium for a end of model year 2014 XTS Premium V-Sport (March 2015). Pure and simple same car except for the ponies and torque. Having said that, it's really not the same car, get on it and woosh, it's gone. Really, you- tube videos show 0-60 at 5.2 seconds and I can confirm that. I spend a few more bucks on top tier premium grade fuel but feel it's worth it. Never looked back, very, very happy with the V-Sport. Test drive one and see for yourself. Whatever you decide, good luck!

#4 ·
Thank you!

Please share with me your experience. How long you've had your Vsport.

What makes you smile about the car and What makes you sad..

I've never owned or driven a turbo car before but only heard concerns with "lag". However I hear Caddy doesn't Lag.

Thank you!

#5 ·
I have an 05 DTS and a 14XTS Vsport. The cars have totally different characters and both are great.

Vsport smiles
Acceleration
Brakes
Electronics
Carries 4 American Adults

Vsport frowns
Premium Gas
Trunk size
Low Front end rubs everything

The Turbo lag is minimal and you have to really work to even notice it.

YMMV but my thoughts. Good Luck

#6 ·
Its torque vs horsepower. My 2008 Impala SS had a 5.3 V-8 with a tune and it pulled hard enough to walk away from a Camaro SS. The 2012 CTS 3.6 DI had almost the same published HP but less torque. It was quick but you had to wind it out to red line to go fast. The 2015 XTS Vsport acts more like the V-8 Impala. It pulls hard and gets up to highway speed very quickly, and flys from 80 mph up on the interstate. A little pressure on the gas pedal and it will shoot up to 120 or more with no apparent effort. Turbo lag is not apparent but you can feel a surge of power when the turbos are spooled up. My first choice was a CTS V Sport with the eight speed auto and more torque, but my wife liked the XTS.

#8 ·
After a week with mine,I'm thinking I may need to get mine tuned. I've noticed bad lag on the highway during my commute (when trying to pass going from 65-80). I've found keeping it sport mode and down a gear to get ncrease rpms helps with response. Weirdly, I haven't noticed the lag much at all around town.

Can't decide which tune to try (livernois vs kpe).

Besides the lag I mentioned, I really like the car (except for super sensitive front passenger airbag sensor [myphone has set it off and then it dings indicating the passenger needs to fasten their seatbelt],and the rear auto braking that activates when I'm background big out of the garage at over 5pmh).

#9 ·
Thank you all for the great input!

I'm also considering the negatives. Since it's a 2014 - I think it may have less then 2 years left under warranty.

Had anyone experiences anything crazy that needed repairs?

So far I've read parking sensors actions strange and CUE screen cracking under extreme heat.

Thank you!

#12 ·
Own: 2014 XTS VSport Platinum

Pro's - Very fast with turbo engine, amenities are insane (rear and side sunshades, heated wheel), RSE system with dual independent screens, HID was initially an annoyance, now its a must have and I wish it was in all cars I drive.
Con's - Reverse/Rear Camera is terribly cheap and unfocused (lots of complaints online about it).

Car has 46K on it and was purchased with 41K. Since owning, I have been in for warranty service twice without incident. First time was the foam seal around the sunroof which had torn and caused terrible road noise. The second was for a blown front headlight.

#13 ·
I'm also looking at a 2014 VSport Platinum with 33K miles that is black on black/white interior. It's comfortable and it flys! I can't decide between the XTS or a 2015 CPO CTS Performance with only 12K for $2K less. Only thing I don't like about the CTS is the color combo light silver/black. I now have a long commute and the 2011 STS doesn't a comfortable ride make. I'm going to drive both again on Monday.

What say you guys?

#14 ·
The XTS will ride over road bumps bwttwrvthan the CTS. The XTS can have a firmer rise over rough surface road where the MRC shocks do not pick up the small stuff as a traditional shock does.

You have to know your driving areas and see what best for you.

#15 ·
Thanks Norm. My commute is 47 miles one-way; 50% Interstate and 50% state hwy with some stop and go during rush hour due to heavy traffic. Thankfully, I only have to pass thru 3 intersections with a traffic light. Maryland roads are built with potholes and they can't seem to line up a bridge with the surface of the road. Switching from the run flats to a touring Michelin helped a little, but not by much. The MRC on the CTS was a bit softer on touring mode but the XTS seems to be more comfortable overall.

#16 ·
One of the most frequent comments I make to folks who ask about this car is its power steering. I've driven BMW's, Benzs, etc, and this ride has the softest steering I've ever felt, I love it. It's like steering a cloud. :) I'm in a loaner 2016 ATS 2.0T now, and TRUST me, there's a difference amongst steering in these models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.