Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Rattle/buzz from overhead console.

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Vette 2K1 
#1 ·
The overhead console buzzes at times from vibrations. Does it just pull out from the headliner? Anyone else had this problem?

#2 ·
Yes it simply pulls down and is held up with several perimeter clips. I had a slight buzzing too coming from there and it was the black box (you will see it when you pull down the console) housing the garage door opener buttons which was buzzing slightly against the metal roof support. I simply cut to size a small piece of sticky on one side foam and stuck it on top of the housing. Simple quick fix and it worked perfect.

#3 ·
Hello Gavinallan1,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing buzzing with your overhead console. Yet, I’m glad to see that sonny3621 was able to reach out to you and give you some advice. The forum community is certainly a great resource should you have any questions. However, if you would like our assistance, we would be happy to communicate with your dealership regarding this issue.

Best regards,

Shane M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#5 ·
I have a similar noise coming from behind the dash above the glove compartment. I have taken it to the dealer 3 or 4 times for the issue but they have no idea what it is. My biggest disappointment with the car is the rattles and vibrations from the dashboard. I have a 2008 Trailblazer that has zero rattles but my 2014 Platinum buzzes and rattles like crazy.[/I]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.