Cadillac Owners Forum banner

X-tra water after washing

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Mike_W 
#1 ·
I'm somewhat dissatisfied at all of the hidden spots where after a solid wash, wax and dry water collects...then, water streams out when you drive the car:mad2:. Maybe this will be better in the summer, but it is more prominent on this car and because I have Black Raven...:confused:

My new routine is to drive about a mile or so and get out and dry it again and then asgain when I return home...

#4 ·
I've owned black cars for nearly my whole driving life, haven't found this one too different from any other when I comes to water run off. I usually drive about a mile or so to a local park and re-dry......black has also been ALOT of work :)....and with washing both mine and my wife's it's a pain :eek:

#5 ·
On my black XTS, I've learned where the problem places are, and know exactly where to return after the general drying. (I never go through a car wash, and hand wash all year, even in winter. Every week. My friends think I'm nuts!) After I've dried the top, I open the trunk, do all the inside places, and leave the trunk up so the water can drain out of the top brake light. Then start drying the front end, and go around. By the time I get back to the trunk, excess water has run off the top. Other places are where the top is connected to the body, and the door handles. Always the same, so I know what to attack. Also, allowing the car to sit a while after drying helps as well.

#7 ·
I'd be careful with the leaf blower thing. You will blow off the water, yes; but you will blow on all the dust in the air and kinda defeat the purpose of washing. If you are going to use air to blow of the water, find an "Air Blaster" or such type of device that uses an air tank, that you can refill with clean DRY air. You can get closer with it.

http://www.autoanything.com/car-car...d=139x134505&gclid=CNL3kLSIr8ICFQ4Q7Aod0HkARA

#11 ·
I've always had to 'blow dry' my cars after washing. I've got a highway just a little bit away from my house and, after a wash and dry, I
take it out on the road for two exits at 70 MPH. When I get back home, another 5 minutes with the chamois and it's good to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.