Cadillac Owners Forum banner

key fob opening trunk by accidentl

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
is there a fix so trunk will not open by mistake

#3 ·
Turning it on every time you get out of the car is not a convenient fix to me. I remember someone mention a key fob fix for it on the Lacrosse, but never saw a follow up. Of course you can get a cover for the fob which would require a hard push to active the function...

#4 ·
If you have some time, do a search because that was brought up early last year (could have been late 2012!) on the 2013 XTS and I'm not sure if there was a fix. However, this problem has been fixed on the 14 XTS key fob. Maybe a 14 key fob could be the answer, check with the dealer.

#10 ·
Hi bob31,

I’m glad to see that you got the answers that you were looking for from the forum. If you would like any assistance in scheduling an appointment with your dealership, please send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, preferred dealership, and personal contact information, and I’d be happy to reach out to them on your behalf.

Enjoy your evening,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

#11 ·
Hi bob31,

I’m glad to see that you got the answers that you were looking for from the forum. If you would like any assistance in scheduling an appointment with your dealership, please send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, preferred dealership, and personal contact information, and I’d be happy to reach out to them on your behalf.

Enjoy your evening,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

#12 ·
It's the remote fob; don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Happened to me all the time. There are fob holders, but they don't always work and they make the fob uncomfortably large in my pocket. I've started keeping mine on a hook or in a pocket that's not affected by pressure from change in the pocket, other keys, etc. (or the guitar that sits on my knee in apparently exactly the wrong place). I see by an advertisement on this forum that there are fob covers that cover the buttons with something rigid. That would probably work.

#13 ·
I took mine to my dealer. He changed the setting so the key fob trunk button has to be held in for 900 milliseconds before the trunk will open. You have to bring the car in for this adjustment. It's done to the car, not to the key fob. This solved the problem. Before, just a momentary touch would open the truck, which would happen when I got out of the car with the fob in my pocket. Now the button has to be held down for about a second before the trunk opens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.