Rear dashboard covering
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Rear dashboard covering in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, I own a 2013 XTS Platinum edition. Recently I noticed the fabric that covers my rear dashboard seems to ...
    Rphguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Rear dashboard covering

Hi, I own a 2013 XTS Platinum edition. Recently I noticed the fabric that covers my rear dashboard seems to be pulling away from right where it covers the opening to my automatic sunscreen on both sides. I was walking to my car from a store and I noticed through the rear windshield on both sides right where the sunscreen deploys, the fabric is pulling away and now I can see the underlying white covering underneath on both sides. I'm assuming the is from the Sun. Never had this happen before though in any other car I've owned. Anyone else had any problems like this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Lencarguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 XTS - 4 Premium

Re: Rear dashboard covering

Whatever the cause, it's totally unacceptable in a car like this. I would take it back to the dealership for repair.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Rphguy View Post
    Hi, I own a 2013 XTS Platinum edition. Recently I noticed the fabric that covers my rear dashboard seems to be pulling away from right where it covers the opening to my automatic sunscreen on both sides. I was walking to my car from a store and I noticed through the rear windshield on both sides right where the sunscreen deploys, the fabric is pulling away and now I can see the underlying white covering underneath on both sides. I'm assuming the is from the Sun. Never had this happen before though in any other car I've owned. Anyone else had any problems like this?
    Hi Rphguy,

I can understand your displeasure with this issue in your XTS. If you would like, I’d be happy to reach out to your dealership to express your concern. Please PM me your VIN, mileage, preferred dealership and personal contact information if you are interested.

Enjoy your evening,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

bigcaddyfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS-4 Premium

Don't even bother to respond to Austin, Laura or the other so-called customer care people. They just want your complaints off the public forum, but usually achieve nothing!
    Yes, this is totally unacceptable, and harassing the dealership is your best hope. Keep us all informed of whatever you find out, please. Good luck!

Yeah, I just dropped it off for routine service....after closer inspection I discovered the fabric that covers
    The rear headboard is pulling away in a lot more places.. At least 6 more areas around
    The speakers, anyway the dealer is aware of the problem and said they would let
    Me know what they will do about it.

----------

Hey Austin, I appreciate your concern, but I had not even been to my dealer yet... (I just dropped it off today though)...they are going to look into the issue and let me know what they can do. I'm the same guy
    That you replied too a short time ago about my trunk opening by itself. I think I sent you that info then,
    But not sure if you received it. (When I've talked to the dealer about this they say they haven't had anyone
    Else mention this problem), so now I just decided to get a key fob cover which helps, but doesn't
    Completely stop the problem. So I now I just carry my fob in my hand, never in my pocket and don't leave
    Anything valuable in the trunk. But I would appreciate it if could let me know if there is any updates to this
    Issue...ie.. Reprogram fobs, etc. tks!

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Rphguy
    Yeah, I just dropped it off for routine service....after closer inspection I discovered the fabric that covers The rear headboard is pulling away in a lot more places.. At least 6 more areas around The speakers, anyway the dealer is aware of the problem and said they would let Me know what they will do about it. ---------- Hey Austin, I appreciate your concern, but I had not even been to my dealer yet... (I just dropped it off today though)...they are going to look into the issue and let me know what they can do. I'm the same guy That you replied too a short time ago about my trunk opening by itself. I think I sent you that info then, But not sure if you received it. (When I've talked to the dealer about this they say they haven't had anyone Else mention this problem), so now I just decided to get a key fob cover which helps, but doesn't Completely stop the problem. So I now I just carry my fob in my hand, never in my pocket and don't leave Anything valuable in the trunk. But I would appreciate it if could let me know if there is any updates to this Issue...ie.. Reprogram fobs, etc. tks!
    There is a reprogramming that can be done so that you have to press the key fob longer for the trunk to open. This precludes involuntary trunk openings. Ask you dealer to research it. Mine did, and the reprogramming was successful.

LOCK_DOWN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac DTS, 2007 Cadillac CTS, 2014 Cadillac XTS

I just put my Platinum XTS in the shop yesterday for the same thing. But mine started separating from the rear window I'm very disappointed in this happening. I got my car in September 2013 and i have had several issues!

Thanks, I'll check into that. My dealer has my car now, we are waiting on the parts to come in to repair the rear dashboard, or whatever thats called-lol.

Pete Benson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood Coupe

Thanks, I'll check into that. My dealer has my car now, we are waiting on the parts to come in to repair the rear dashboard, or whatever thats called-lol.
    Package shelf, I do believe.

LOCK_DOWN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac DTS, 2007 Cadillac CTS, 2014 Cadillac XTS

I am waiting on a whole back dash also and they told me that it is going to be in about 7 business days. So I told them I'm gonna stay in the rental until it gets fixed. I'm going to see if it's still going to take 7 business days. I'm tired of going to the dealership but I can't lie I love the car when it's operating properly. But reliability is a must to me. And this car isn't giving me that right now!!!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Yeah, I just dropped it off for routine service....after closer inspection I discovered the fabric that covers
    The rear headboard is pulling away in a lot more places.. At least 6 more areas around
    The speakers, anyway the dealer is aware of the problem and said they would let
    Me know what they will do about it.

----------

Hey Austin, I appreciate your concern, but I had not even been to my dealer yet... (I just dropped it off today though)...they are going to look into the issue and let me know what they can do. I'm the same guy
    That you replied too a short time ago about my trunk opening by itself. I think I sent you that info then,
    But not sure if you received it. (When I've talked to the dealer about this they say they haven't had anyone
    Else mention this problem), so now I just decided to get a key fob cover which helps, but doesn't
    Completely stop the problem. So I now I just carry my fob in my hand, never in my pocket and don't leave
    Anything valuable in the trunk. But I would appreciate it if could let me know if there is any updates to this
    Issue...ie.. Reprogram fobs, etc. tks!
    Hello Rphguy,

Well I'm pleased to hear you are working with your dealership. They are going to be in the best position to assist you with this. Please know that we are available to provide an additional layer of support if needed. I'm happy to help in any way!

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.