Buying a new 2013 XTS Platinum
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Buying a new 2013 XTS Platinum in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; A dealer near us has 2 2013 XTS Platinum Edition left, that are marked down substantially. We were thinking of ...
    Narrowback is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Buying a new 2013 XTS Platinum

A dealer near us has 2 2013 XTS Platinum Edition left, that are marked down substantially. We were thinking of trading our 2008 STS4 in for one, but after reading this forum are concerned about quality issues. Our STS4 only has 71000 miles and runs perfectly, just looking for an upgrade. Would we be better waiting a year and trying to find a 2014 in 2015. Thanks for your opinions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Narrowback
    A dealer near us has 2 2013 XTS Platinum Edition left, that are marked down substantially. We were thinking of trading our 2008 STS4 in for one, but after reading this forum are concerned about quality issues. Our STS4 only has 71000 miles and runs perfectly, just looking for an upgrade. Would we be better waiting a year and trying to find a 2014 in 2015. Thanks for your opinions.
    I think that depends on how much money you wish to spend, and what newer options you might like on the '14/'15's. I like the idea of power folding mirrors and the 22 way (possibly) messaging seats, but you will pay for those options by buying the later models. Correspondingly, you will have more depreciation, so it's really a personal choice. I have a '13 Platinum, and wish I'd waited. The later models have a few more bugs squashed as well as auto high beams.

JoeGrapes is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4

Re: Buying a new 2013 XTS Platinum

Don't be afraid of the car because some people have experienced problems. You will find that about any make at any price. You can't judge the car based on the relatively few people who post problems on sites like this compared to the number of XTS's sold. In order to get a fair evaluation you would have to ask everyone who bought one and then compare the number of negatives to the number sold. Go look at the car and see if it's what you like at the price you are willing to pay. Then take it for a test drive. I don't get people on this site who say they liked the older DTS better. Didn't they drive the XTS first? And if they didn't like it better than their old car why did they buy it?

Mike_W is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS4 Premium

I'd say 'go for it'. I just picked up a gently used 2013 XTS4 and I couldn't be happier. I love the technology, the look
    and the ride. Yes, CUE takes a little getting used to, but I mastered it in about a week and, I'm sure, you will, too.

sonny3621 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic

Yes I agree. My 2013 Premium was a Certified Pre-Owned with 15K miles and the 6 yr. 70K mile 100% warranty and saved a ton off sticker price. Can't beat that and looks and runs like new.

DSCN3014_zpsfd52f87f.jpg

ptcummings is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

In my view, the 2013 CUE system was no where near "ready for prime time" and even thought upgrades were promised, none appear on the horizon. If things like an easy to use nav system, voice command, apps, upgrades, etc. are important to you, I would wait for a car you can love or check out the competition. The rest of the car seems solid to me.

Narrowback is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Thanks for the advice. Still dealing on the XTS. Hope to get it soon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.