Poor CUE Bluetooth microphone performance
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ptcummings
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Poor CUE Bluetooth microphone performance in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has anyone else noticed how poorly the Bluetooth microphone performs at speed? At 60 mph on a smooth road with ...
    rdewyer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS

Poor CUE Bluetooth microphone performance

Has anyone else noticed how poorly the Bluetooth microphone performs at speed? At 60 mph on a smooth road with no traffic the road noise picked up by the microphone is so bad that it is virtually the same volume as my spoken words, making the Bluetooth useless. I did a comparison and found that the mic is near perfect when the car is parked with no road noise to filter out. The Bluetooth in my son's Ford Fiesta puts mine to shame...and that is a $17,000 car!

Is this the best that we can expect from a $50K+ luxury car or is mine in need of a trip to the dealership?

Thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thegabbycat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Hi

I have a 2013 ATS and a 2014 XTS. I have no problem with my XTS. However, the Bluetooth mic on the ATS is terrible. There is another thread on this topic. It is a known product deficiency. Other ATS owners have cited this. To the phone call recipient, it sounds like the caller is in a wind tunnel.

There is a Technical Service Bulletin on it. PI1162A-poor performance of the mobile telephone mic. They remove the headliner, apply phone around the mic and re-secure the cables. Perhaps the mic is replaced. Other forum members claim this solves the problem. My ATS is in for service later this week and I have requested this be applied to my vehicle. Other forum members have said that a different solution is available. A software programming change to the HMI. It was said that 9757 HMI per PI1126B may have solved the problem too.

If you get your vehicle serviced and the problem is solved, would you please reply with the solution that was successful? I am curious. Good Luck

r34220 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Re: Poor CUE Bluetooth microphone performance

My 2013 Platinum had a bulletin where the sunroof drain lines allowed sound to travel up and affected the mic. If you have a sunroof you may want to look into that.

ptcummings is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Thanks for this information. One clarification question: by Bluetooth microphone, do you mean the one that is over the drivers head used for hands free calling and voice commands?

(BTW, I see this same behavior in this mic when travelling on the highway....when talking on the dash display, the little sound indicator stays on long after I stop talking, I believe, because it is simply picking up ambient road noise - of course this throws off the voice commands. I feel I need to slow down to have any chance of having a voice command understood :-) :-)
    Lizbill likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by rdewyer View Post
    Has anyone else noticed how poorly the Bluetooth microphone performs at speed? At 60 mph on a smooth road with no traffic the road noise picked up by the microphone is so bad that it is virtually the same volume as my spoken words, making the Bluetooth useless. I did a comparison and found that the mic is near perfect when the car is parked with no road noise to filter out. The Bluetooth in my son's Ford Fiesta puts mine to shame...and that is a $17,000 car!

Is this the best that we can expect from a $50K+ luxury car or is mine in need of a trip to the dealership?

Thanks,
    Hello rdewyer,

I can understand how displeasing the background noise picked up by your Bluetooth would be. It looks like you are reaching out to the forum for feedback on this concern, however, if you do decide to head to the dealership, I would be happy to assist. If you are interested, please PM me your VIN, mileage, preferred dealership, and contact information so I can reach out to them on your behalf.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by thegabbycat View Post
    Hi

I have a 2013 ATS and a 2014 XTS. I have no problem with my XTS. However, the Bluetooth mic on the ATS is terrible. There is another thread on this topic. It is a known product deficiency. Other ATS owners have cited this. To the phone call recipient, it sounds like the caller is in a wind tunnel.

There is a Technical Service Bulletin on it. PI1162A-poor performance of the mobile telephone mic. They remove the headliner, apply phone around the mic and re-secure the cables. Perhaps the mic is replaced. Other forum members claim this solves the problem. My ATS is in for service later this week and I have requested this be applied to my vehicle. Other forum members have said that a different solution is available. A software programming change to the HMI. It was said that 9757 HMI per PI1126B may have solved the problem too.

If you get your vehicle serviced and the problem is solved, would you please reply with the solution that was successful? I am curious. Good Luck
    Hi thegabbycat,

I can see that you are waiting for additional information on this Bluetooth concern before you head to the dealership. If you would like to PM me when you decide to schedule an appointment, I can add an additional layer of assistance to your dealership experience.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Austin

Thanks. Perhaps my previous entry was unclear. I am not awaiting any more information. My appt is tomorrow and I will request that the PI solution be applied to my vehicle. I am simply curious if the programming solution solves the problem. One other forum reply said it did. But most say it was the other solution that was successful.

And for the question by another forum member, yes I am referring to the mic that is in the headliner in the front of the vehicle. The mics in the other locations fulfill other purposes.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by thegabbycat View Post
    Austin

Thanks. Perhaps my previous entry was unclear. I am not awaiting any more information. My appt is tomorrow and I will request that the PI solution be applied to my vehicle. I am simply curious if the programming solution solves the problem. One other forum reply said it did. But most say it was the other solution that was successful.

And for the question by another forum member, yes I am referring to the mic that is in the headliner in the front of the vehicle. The mics in the other locations fulfill other purposes.
    Thegabbycat,

I apologize for that misunderstanding. Please let me know how the dealership visit goes tomorrow and feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hi

I can confirm that the TSB above solves the problem of poor mobile telephone quality for the recipient. After the foam is placed around the mobile mic, the wind noise and background noise is muted. It now sounds as it should and was expected from the outset.

r34220 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Delete

rgwallen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

Greetings, we are having the same problem with the 14 XTS Luxury package - the road noise at hwy speeds are so bad we can't hold even a short conversation. I thought to look here and see if there might be a setting I missed that would enable a noise cancelling feature that we _assumed_ would have been part of this package. I'm going to contact the dealership and see what they can do. I really like the Cadi, but since the price has approached that of the BMW and Merc's my friends are extremely happy with the support they are getting. I hope to get the same from Cadillac. The good thing here is we always have options. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by rdewyer View Post

Thanks,

Main is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Posted in the wrong forum before. I really want this fixed for me. I have asked three times at the dealer and each time they say there is no problem. The wind noises makes my calls horrible when the vehicle is moving.
    Is there any reference note I can point the service department to that will help gets this resolved.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.