Bigger fins, more bling? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Bigger fins, more bling? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by bigcaddyfan Yep, "tacky as hell'! It was really just a test to see if I could imagine ...
    malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Re: Bigger fins, more bling?

Quote Originally Posted by bigcaddyfan View Post
    Yep, "tacky as hell'! It was really just a test to see if I could imagine Cadillac modifying the rear of XLS to get back to a more 'classical' look.
    It seems most people don't want a classic looking car with comfort and character. So maybe Cadillac has pitched things right with their new look. To me though, it still has a long way to go if its trying to compete with BMW, etc. Trouble is, I don't want to compete with BMW in a Caddy, I want comfort and character.
    Cadillac wants to appeal to a younger demographic, and probably just wants us old farts to die off (even though its the old farts that have the money). But more youngsters seem to be happy getting into debt for a depreciating product, so maybe Cadillac has done its homework after all. Its a sad, sad story!
    PS,
    I have removed the chrome tape, so what do I do next to make the car recognizable in a parking lot?
    Get some of those "stick-on bullet holes".

tzydzy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigcaddyfan View Post
    That the point, everything looks the same!
    I was going into parking lot with a friend who had not seen my car. She could discern between the XTS and the Lincoln MKS cars in the lot.

Db1111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Xts

There's always a pair of fuzzy dice to hang from your mirror....lol!

vel7wil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium Black Diamond - 2011 CTS Luxury Black Raven

"Bling" or customizing is always gonna be a personal chose. I've had my xts since March of last year and to date (over $4100.00) in customizing to include window tint. But I have always customized my cars....20140510_1105412.jpg.....just have do alot of looking and searching.

DSNCB919 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum

the verticle leds make it easy to tell the Lac from far away, cts looks diff from far away too looks like its leanin back in a chair.. cadillacs still can be recognized from far
    away as long as hyundai doesnt start to copy em too like they did bmw n mercedes

TomD1951 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Now I might not shop where you guys do, but I have no trouble at all spotting my XTS in any parking lot. And as far as Ford products go the Lincoln falls far short on the exterior details (imo).
    But all this said I do miss the blue fur and fuzzy dice dash look, maybe I'll add the surfer foot gas pedal though.

bigcaddyfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS-4 Premium

Yes, I can recognize our car, but my non-driving wife has several times approached another (silver) car. And some of her friends have asked (even after entering) 'so what car is this?'
    Once upon a time that would not have happened! Maybe I need a chrome "DeVille" badge for the back? Or wire wheels with big Caddy wreaths in the center?

rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I love what you did to those tail lamps it is just like on the concept car the Elmirage or the Ceil I can not remember which or how they spelled them LOL.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.