2014 & 2015 Comparison
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, 2014 & 2015 Comparison in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello, Everyone, For my next Cadillac, I want to purchase an XTS model...... Platinum, V-sport, AWD, hopefully a spare tire. ...
    docrvb is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2014 & 2015 Comparison

Hello, Everyone,

For my next Cadillac, I want to purchase an XTS model...... Platinum, V-sport, AWD, hopefully a spare tire. I am trying to garner information on the 2015 model in order to compare it to the 2014 model, but haven't had
    too much success. Reason I write is: usually, in September, dealers offer inventory clearance incentives for all models. Before purchasing a 2014, I would like to see a side-by-side comparison of what the 2015 model will have as compared to the 2014 model. If the improvements/accessories are substantial, then I would not purchase a 2014. Is there a site that lists the comparisons? Has someone done the research and would be willing to post here? Also, would appreciate your opinion as to which to buy, if discounted, and at what & of discount should I consider a good offer.

Thanks so much. Appreciate your time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Lizbill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTR White Diamond coat; 2000 DeVille. Sterling Silver.

Re: 2014 & 2015 Comparison

bigcaddyfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS-4 Premium

Looks like Wi-Fi hotspot and power folding door mirrors are about all that changes. I'm not sure if comfort is an issue for you, as you are looking at a V. But if so, and the Platinum only comes with 20 inch wheels, it might be worth getting the Premium and adding to it. It would then be almost a Platinum, and have a better ride. Just a thought. Also, if you go for an on-the-lot 2014 Platinum, you will likely end up with 20 inch wheels. Keep us informed with what you end up getting.

docrvb is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for your prompt help. I will let you know which I buy.

sonny3621 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium FWD Silver Coast Metallic

The Platinum comes with the 20" wheels and for that reason alone I wouldn't buy it. The ride is way too harsh with those low profile tires and the wheels are too easly damaged. My Certified 2013 Premium had the 20" wheels but my dealer swapped them out for me for the 19" before I bought it and I'm glad he did.

gator2305 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonny3621
    The Platinum comes with the 20" wheels and for that reason alone I wouldn't buy it. The ride is way too harsh with those low profile tires and the wheels are too easly damaged. My Certified 2013 Premium had the 20" wheels but my dealer swapped them out for me for the 19" before I bought it and I'm glad he did.

At my age I have ridden on a lot of tire makes and models and on rim sizes from thirteen inch on up on motor vehicles. I haven't found the twenty inch low profiles on the XTS delivers that harsh of a ride. I keep the air pressure regulated too thirty six PSI with a good digital air gauge. I also dodge pot holes and avoid running into curbs.

There's a noticeable difference in the ride quality between the 19" and 20" wheels. There has to be. The lower profile 20" tire has less sidewall height to absorb shock. That's also why the 20" wheels take such a beating and are easily damaged as a lot of people here have posted about.

kennyxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 xtx

Whatever one you buy, make sure that you take if for a ride on the expressway and that your satisfied with the noise level. I just assumed that ours was as quiet & smooth as our other DTS's and it's not.

Go to Edmunds comparator to compare vehicles.
    r34220 likes this.

Nemesis RR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

I think it definitely depends on many different variables. I also have a 2012 SRT8 300 with 20" 245/45/20 and a Mercedes E350 with 18" 245/40/18. The SRT8 rides better and absorbs bumps a lot better.

Agreed in that tires alone are not solely responsible for how a car rides. Many other variables are involved. But in comparing the same car a 19" tire/wheel combo will ride smoother than that same car with a 20" tire/wheel combo. And on that same car an 18" tire/wheel combo would be smoother than the 19" tire/wheel combo. It's tough to compare 2 different cars with different suspensions the same way. Generally speaking a 40 series tire is a lower profile than a 45 series tire.

Razlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

I am also trying to decide between a heavy discounted 2014 platinum AWD and waiting for a 2015. I have read some articles online that have said the 2015s will have new 22 way power seats with massage function but other articles do not include that feature. First time I asked my dealer he said yes that would be a feature on the 2015s but the second time I asked he could not find anything to confirm it. Anybody have an information on it?
    Thanks!

Db1111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Xts

Upper trim levels

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Yes, all I've heard is the 22 way power seats, with massage, and the power folding mirrors. Might be a color addition or deletion. The CTS definitely loses the white diamond color, and replaces it with a crystal white, but I don't believe the XTS gets the color change (maybe next year?). I wish they had more color options for the interior. (what is it with all the car companies pushing black interiors?)
    You can bet that GM will sneak in some other deletion on the '15's too. They always do.

Db1111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Xts

2015 - Wifi hotspots...
    Upper tims-22 way seat with massage, rear area controls for radio and sunshade...

New colors- Cocoa Bronze Metallic and Dark Adriatic Blue Metallic (Lacrosse comes in these colors)

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Quote Originally Posted by Db1111 View Post
    2015 - Wifi hotspots...
    Upper tims-22 way seat with massage, rear area controls for radio and sunshade...

New colors- Cocoa Bronze Metallic and Dark Adriatic Blue Metallic (Lacrosse comes in these colors)
    Right, plus the wifi hotspot. (3 Gb free for first three months. Pay $5.00/per month afterwards. Cost to be determined. Frankly, I can't see too many people buying into this subscription feature; not unlike OnStar & SiriousXM . I also don't think that the DockSpot feature will make it into the XTS, tho the CTS and ATS will have it. I'm afraid that the XTS is heading in the same direction as the DTS did; neglect it, since it's target buyer is deemed too old for the latest technology. (My DTS never did get a USB port right to it's entire end production; everything else on the road, including a Chevy Spark had it.) If it cost GM a nickel to add it, they wouldn't.
    Black Beauty DTS likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.