2014 & 2015 Comparison - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, 2014 & 2015 Comparison in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Anyway I am glad the XTS continues after all the talk that it would be a two year run. Denny ...
    AZBLUECHIP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Re: 2014 & 2015 Comparison

Anyway I am glad the XTS continues after all the talk that it would be a two year run.

Denny L

xtsbill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Good luck on your XTS purchase.

I purchased my V-Sport Platinum on December 4th of last year and I love it. The first 12,000 miles have been trouble free. It also did well in the six inches of snow we had one day last year ( a rare event in the Carolinas).

My car was equipped with the spare tire. I also bought the all weather floor mats and trunk mat as I travel a lot.

My mileage is 23.2 mpg over the 12,000 miles. I do a lot of highway driving, so your result may vary.

I traded in a 2007 Mercedes S-600 to purchase this car. The adaptable cruise control works better than the Mercedes and I love the heads up display that the Mercedes lacked.

Razlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Am test driving a 2014 XTS Platinum today. Have been trying to decide between a 14 and waiting for a 15. Dealer is making me what I think is a great price, 27 month lease, 10,000 miles a year, $799, no money down. I do notice a slight difference in the feel driving it with the 20 inch wheels over the 19s on a premium.
    Not so much in the ride, but the road noise and overall feel.

sonny3621 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium FWD Silver Coast Metallic

Jsut make sure you can live with the 20" wheels. Not only are they harsher but also more brittle and prone to damage.

The wheels are a concern. And one of the biggest things holding me back from saying yes. I want the platinum interior but the premium 19 inch ride.
    Lizbill likes this.

If the wheels are a concern then you will not be happy every time you drive the car and hear road noise and the associated harshness that goes along with it. I have a Premium wth every option available and the 19" wheels and have been very happy with going that route.

I previously had a 2013 Premium and was very happy with it. Drove a premium as well as the platinum a couple times each today. The passenger seat back vibrates badly in the platinum at highway speed, much less so in the premium. But, the premium also seems faster from a stop. I almost wonder if something is wrong with the platinum or if it is just the wheels and my imagination playing tricks with me about the speed.

I don't think you are imagining anything, as far as vibration goes anyway. I can't speak for the acceleration which really should be similar as the drivetrain is the same. My car originally had the 20" wheel option and as a condition of the sale they swapped the 20's for the 19's and it rode and felt like a different car. I'm glad I did it.

SDLong329 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If you are saying a smaller tire equates to a better ride, I would have to disagree. My 1980's & 1990's model MB's come stock with 15", and have optional 16" wheels available from the MFR. I typically upgrade from 15" to 16" for a much better ride. I understand the concept of low profile tires (less rubber), but upgrading from 15" to 16" is not low profile. My MB S500 Sport comes stock with 18", while the non-Sport comes with 17". The ride on the 18's is far superior.

I recently drove several XTS' ... Premium and Platinum. We liked the looks of the Platinum, but did not notice a ride difference (but will double check, including highway, as suggested). Does the base model come with 17 or 18" tires? A single upgrade should not equate to a harsh ride ... though once you go off the deep end, it's all down hill from there.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by sonny3621 View Post
    Jsut make sure you can live with the 20" wheels. Not only are they harsher but also more brittle and prone to damage.
    Larger wheels do not automatically equate to being prone to damage. I have been driving for 35+ years ... have never damaged a wheel. Then again, I know plenty of people who damages several wheels every year. Some of this has to do with driving habits and patterns. I live in suburban Philly, so the roads are nowhere near smooth!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis RR View Post
    I think it definitely depends on many different variables. I also have a 2012 SRT8 300 with 20" 245/45/20 and a Mercedes E350 with 18" 245/40/18. The SRT8 rides better and absorbs bumps a lot better.
    The cars are apples and oranges. You cannot suggest tires are the reason for a different ride when the vehicles are totally different!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Razlaw View Post
    Am test driving a 2014 XTS Platinum today. Have been trying to decide between a 14 and waiting for a 15. Dealer is making me what I think is a great price, 27 month lease, 10,000 miles a year, $799, no money down. I do notice a slight difference in the feel driving it with the 20 inch wheels over the 19s on a premium.
    Not so much in the ride, but the road noise and overall feel.
    I am currently driving a 2013 E350W4, 28-29 MPG highway. We leased @ 7,500 miles per year 24 months at about $455 per month with $0 down. I laughed when the dealer told me the lease payments. I forget the residual and money factors ... just remember the residual % being less on a Cadillac (which makes sense). I cannot imagine paying $800 for an XTS.

This has nothing to do with whatever cars you may have owned in the past and I'm not saying across the board a smaller tires gives a better ride. It depends on the profile of the tire. What I am saying is a lower profile tires gives a harsher ride than a tire with a higher profile sidewall. In this case, on the Cadillac XTS, the 19" wheel with a higher profile tire will provide for a smoother overall ride than the 20" wheel with the lower profile tire. Both are the same overall diameter. The standard XTS wheel is 19" with regular profile tires and the 20" with the lower profile tire being an option. The Platinum comes standard with 20" wheels and corresponding lower profile tires. The side profiles of the two tires aren't the same.
    C&C likes this.

statredud is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My biggest issue is the cheap Goodyear tires they put on the 19" wheels. The tires are very noisy. There are a couple of threads about this issue. I would make the dealership replace them with a good set of Michelins before you purchase. Once you leave the lot they do not want to "give" you replacement tires. I hope that they change this in future models.

turnne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by xtsbill View Post
    Good luck on your XTS purchase.

I purchased my V-Sport Platinum on December 4th of last year and I love it. The first 12,000 miles have been trouble free. It also did well in the six inches of snow we had one day last year ( a rare event in the Carolinas).

My car was equipped with the spare tire. I also bought the all weather floor mats and trunk mat as I travel a lot.

My mileage is 23.2 mpg over the 12,000 miles. I do a lot of highway driving, so your result may vary.

I traded in a 2007 Mercedes S-600 to purchase this car.
    The adaptable cruise control works better than the Mercedes and I love the heads up display that the Mercedes lacked.
    wow...really?
    You traded a car that could cruise all day in excess of 100MPH with over 500HP for an XTS

unless you had a ton of miles your trade may have pretty much paid for the XTS

Warren

xtsbill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Yes, really!

The car had 82,000 miles (mostly highway) when I traded it. The car was magnificent in design in power. It was terrible from a maintenance standpoint. My S600 spent two months at the dealer while they pulled the engine to fix the seals on the twin turbos("all the V12s have this problem"). I'd decided that I'd rather drive an XTS than a C class loaner.

Besides, the local law enforcement might take issue with my driving 100-120 mph on our interstates here in the Carolinas :-). I almost always drove the car on adaptive cruise to avoid an "accidental" speeding ticket.

The XTS V-Sport is no slouch when it comes to power. However, it doesn't have the 612 ft-lb of torque of the V-12 or the 510 HP.

BTW, people still stop me and compliment me on my car as they did with the S-Class.

Lencarguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 XTS - 4 Premium

Does anyone know if the 2015 XTS gets the new Cadillac logo/emblem?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.