Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Reverse lights

5K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  sonny3621 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried replacing the stock reverse light bulbs with something brighter to give the back up camera better visibility at night?

#22 ·
I just spoke with a different tech at the Superbrightled site and he said that if you remove the bulbs from the tag lights and reverse lights and don't get an error code on your dash (which you don't on the XTS) then you shouldn't use the CAN bus LED's and he gave me several different options of non CAN bus LED's to use. So now I'm not sure which ones to get. I may order several of each type and see what works and return the others.

#23 ·
It won't hurt to get can bus for both. What was happening was when I installed standard LEDs in my reverse lights they, along with the door handles and some cue buttons, stayed on all night at like 25% brightness. As soon as I put can bus LEDs in my reverse lens the problem went away and everything was 100%. You might want to order the whole car, you have the trunk, glove box, center console, and the puddle lights on the bottom of each door.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.