Why I hate my Cadillac XTS VSport Platinum - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Why I hate my Cadillac XTS VSport Platinum in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by 5.0 lsc You have 21" wheels? I was wondering the same thing...
    PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Why I hate my Cadillac XTS VSport Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0 lsc View Post
    You have 21" wheels?
    I was wondering the same thing

EBradley's is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

The headliner rattle on our 13 Platinum is actually coming from the sunroof. I just had this fixed at the dealer and they told me GM is about to issue a TSB. There's a design flaw where the sunroof "floats" between the seals and the body. The gaskets need to be cleaned and lubed. The grease is on back order. Our dealer advised this needs to happen every other oil change at the moment. They kept the car overnight, as they need to remove the sunroof to get it all cleaned and lubed. I wasn't thrilled with the sunroof coming out so often. The dealer told me that it wasn't a long term fix. They'll be a redesign soon that'll get it all fixed.

phalkon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Raven cts-v
    why would you take a new 75000 car wich is under warranty to "another"garage,to glue a headliner?do you think that the bent rim problem in a bankrupt city that probably has zero road repair is a problem with every fancy aluminum rim made?ill bet it is.if you are being sold pothole insurance you probably need it.

xts4vsportowner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 dts and 2014 xts4 vsport

Hello All:
    I also have a 2014 xts4 v-sport and have been having a horrible time with the wheels and tires. The wheels are not supported enough on the backside and as such, bend very easily and further, the rims cannot withstand the pressures of driving (front end) and as such, the beads break causing the tires to leak air. In fact, I lose some 15lbs of air just from my home to my office. I have had the car back to the dealership so many times that I'm now giving up. They had the car as late as last week from Tuesday until I picked it up Saturday only to find the same problem again on Monday. In fact, I had to turn around and go back home as by the time I got back to my driveway, I only had 18lbs of air left. I travel 61 miles each way to work and back on the Pa Turnpike....not off roading. This car in functionally obsolescent and I would have had a lot less problems buying a volkswagon. I have spoken with Detroit several times and they tell me its not their issue, its the wheel manufacturer however, I did NOT buy the car from the wheel manufacturer nor did Cadillac warn me of this problem BEFORE signing on the dotted line for a 62,000 price tag. I am disgusted. I purchased the wheel warranty which allows them to either straighten or replace the bending aluminum wheels which by all accounts, should NEVER be straightened. Doing so only weakens the aluminum and could pose a severe safety hazard. Detroit called me back advising that they DO NOT recommend straightening them now either! THIS CAR IS NOT SAFE NOR IS IT BUILT FOR ITS INTENDED PURPOSE.....DRIVING! The car is being picked up at my house yet again, this time the last. I told the dealership to e-mail my service records to me which I am now forwarding to a LEMON LAW, LAW FIRM in Philadelphia and for them to keep it. I have been a long time Cadillac owner and in fact, still own my 2008 DTS which I just installed a new motor for 8,500.00 Its a shame that Detroit (Cadillac) will not stand behind their products. Telling me that its the wheel manufacturer's problem is NOT the right answer and they should (had a duty to) notify buyers of this issue BEFORE selling me the car instead of putting my and my family's safety at risk for their almighty dollar!
    NormV likes this.

sonny3621 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic

Hey great first post and welcome to the forum. Yet another reason why I'm glad I didn't get those terrible 20" wheels.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by sonny3621 View Post
    Hey great first post and welcome to the forum. Yet another reason why I'm glad I didn't get those terrible 20" wheels.
    I drive mine like I stole it and can conquer that they lose pressure even with the 19" wheels. I lost about 16 pounds in 2 weeks, lol....yes, I drive fast as hell and corner this thing to it's limits Fun but it's getting annoying....my CTS dealt with me perfectly but my XTS seems to want an older driver

xts4vsportowner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 dts and 2014 xts4 vsport

Good Evening Robert:

My name is John and I have been having the same issues with my 2014 xts4 v-sport. The wheels bend and the front tires just wont stay seated and despite the dealer glueing them over and over again, they keep leaking. Today, I was driving to work with my son and had to turn around because I wouldn't have made it to work. By the time I got back to my house, I only had 18 lbs of air left. Now, when you take into account that I had this same issue just last Tuesday and that the dealer had the car (for what seems like the 20th time in less than two years), until Saturday. Yes, I just picked it up Saturday only to have this problem again on Monday! I'm just so sick of it. I spent close to 65,000 on this piece of ____T and I would have had less issues with a Volkswagon. This is NOT right. The Manufacturer told me that its the wheel manufacturer's problem whereupon I stated, no, I bought the car from YOU and I did NOT contract with them, you did.
    Despite purchasing the vehicle in June of 2014, and as you can see from earlier posts, they FAILED TO DISCLOSE this issue! BTW, because the wheels are aluminum, you CANNOT straighten them without damaging the integrity of the wheel and possibly making them more likely to crack. Imagine that when your doing 70 with your wife and kids in the car on the turnpike. NICE!
    Cadillac called me to advise that they now DO NOT recommend straightening them wheels....OMG...Took them long enough and I had to advise them of what their vendor was doing before they came to that realization. I'm in the insurance business and we also defend claims on a national level. I cannot believe this is allowed to persist and that someone at Cadillac is NOT man enough to step forward and accept responsibility for this functional obsolescence issue.

I have been a Cadillac owner for years and still have my 08 DTS (which I love). I am so sad to see what has become of Cadillac and that they are hiding on this life safety issue. I was wondering what you did in order to resolve your issue as I am about to engage counsel.

Your second of two total posts was just a long re-hash of your first one. My suggestion is to either shit-can your 20" wheels for the 19's or trade in your XTS for that VW.
    ccclarke likes this.

randy1911 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTSVsport

Quote Originally Posted by xts4vsportowner View Post
    Hello All:
    I also have a 2014 xts4 v-sport and have been having a horrible time with the wheels and tires. The wheels are not supported enough on the backside and as such, bend very easily and further, the rims cannot withstand the pressures of driving (front end) and as such, the beads break causing the tires to leak air. In fact, I lose some 15lbs of air just from my home to my office. I have had the car back to the dealership so many times that I'm now giving up. They had the car as late as last week from Tuesday until I picked it up Saturday only to find the same problem again on Monday. In fact, I had to turn around and go back home as by the time I got back to my driveway, I only had 18lbs of air left. I travel 61 miles each way to work and back on the Pa Turnpike....not off roading. This car in functionally obsolescent and I would have had a lot less problems buying a volkswagon. I have spoken with Detroit several times and they tell me its not their issue, its the wheel manufacturer however, I did NOT buy the car from the wheel manufacturer nor did Cadillac warn me of this problem BEFORE signing on the dotted line for a 62,000 price tag. I am disgusted. I purchased the wheel warranty which allows them to either straighten or replace the bending aluminum wheels which by all accounts, should NEVER be straightened. Doing so only weakens the aluminum and could pose a severe safety hazard. Detroit called me back advising that they DO NOT recommend straightening them now either! THIS CAR IS NOT SAFE NOR IS IT BUILT FOR ITS INTENDED PURPOSE.....DRIVING! The car is being picked up at my house yet again, this time the last. I told the dealership to e-mail my service records to me which I am now forwarding to a LEMON LAW, LAW FIRM in Philadelphia and for them to keep it. I have been a long time Cadillac owner and in fact, still own my 2008 DTS which I just installed a new motor for 8,500.00 Its a shame that Detroit (Cadillac) will not stand behind their products. Telling me that its the wheel manufacturer's problem is NOT the right answer and they should (had a duty to) notify buyers of this issue BEFORE selling me the car instead of putting my and my family's safety at risk for their almighty dollar!
    I live in Philly I have a 2014 vsport and I have already replaced a rim. I love the car but the wheels are trash really really bad. This is my first GM vehicle in over 10 years I think I may be going back to Chrysler because this bent wheel stuff is crazy.

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): XTS VSport - 550+ lb-ft of torque

Have the dealer swap out the smaller 19" wheels. Problem sokved.?

DaveTheSailor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

20" rims are on the hig perf XTS. Last winter the Northeast, upper Midwest got huge pothole problem. The bent rim issue on low profile rims is not new. A friend (who drives modestly) bent numerous rims (9) on a 3 series BMW. Only when he bought FORGED rims did that stop. Any car with tire aspect ratio equal or less than 45 series is prone to rim trouble, also wide rims. I wish Cad used forged rims on the cars with low profile tires. Also wish the Feds and States would actually spend money on their roads.
    NormV likes this.

snofun3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Jaguar XF

Hello All:
    Good Evening Robert:

My name is John and I have been having the same issues with my 2014 xts4 v-sport. The wheels bend and the front tires just wont stay seated and despite the dealer glueing them over and over again, they keep leaking. Today, I was driving to work with my son and had to turn around because I wouldn't have made it to work. By the time I got back to my house, I only had 18 lbs of air left. Now, when you take into account that I had this same issue just last Tuesday and that the dealer had the car (for what seems like the 20th time in less than two years), until Saturday. Yes, I just picked it up Saturday only to have this problem again on Monday! I'm just so sick of it. I spent close to 65,000 on this piece of ____T and I would have had less issues with a Volkswagon. This is NOT right. The Manufacturer told me that its the wheel manufacturer's problem whereupon I stated, no, I bought the car from YOU and I did NOT contract with them, you did.
    Despite purchasing the vehicle in June of 2014, and as you can see from earlier posts, they FAILED TO DISCLOSE this issue! BTW, because the wheels are aluminum, you CANNOT straighten them without damaging the integrity of the wheel and possibly making them more likely to crack. Imagine that when your doing 70 with your wife and kids in the car on the turnpike. NICE!
    Cadillac called me to advise that they now DO NOT recommend straightening them wheels....OMG...Took them long enough and I had to advise them of what their vendor was doing before they came to that realization. I'm in the insurance business and we also defend claims on a national level. I cannot believe this is allowed to persist and that someone at Cadillac is NOT man enough to step forward and accept responsibility for this functional obsolescence issue.

I have been a Cadillac owner for years and still have my 08 DTS (which I love). I am so sad to see what has become of Cadillac and that they are hiding on this life safety issue. I was wondering what you did in order to resolve your issue as I am about to engage counsel.

Learner's definition of PARAGRAPH
    [count]
    : a part of a piece of writing that usually deals with one subject, that begins on a new line, and that is made up of one or more sentences
    sonny3621 likes this.

Lol.

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3.6 Premium, 1999 Corvette,370 RWHP & other mods

Quote Originally Posted by sonny3621 View Post
    Your second of two total posts was just a long re-hash of your first one. My suggestion is to either shit-can your 20" wheels for the 19's or trade in your XTS for that VW.
    He just wants to bitch and all you can do is come up with a solution to his problem? Have a heart and feel his pain.

Bill

1BlinkGone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none...yet

Simple- if you hate the car, then dump it and move on to something else.

16. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.