Dissappointed with 2013 Cadillac Xts With Premium Trim Pkg
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Dissappointed with 2013 Cadillac Xts With Premium Trim Pkg in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; On September 2012 I leased a 2013 Cadillac xts with the premium trim pkg and the first few thousand miles ...
    carguy69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Dissappointed with 2013 Cadillac Xts With Premium Trim Pkg

On September 2012 I leased a 2013 Cadillac xts with the premium trim pkg and the first few thousand miles were great but after that things started to go sour. The rid and handling of this car is a joke. The ride is harsh when going over bumps and she sways all over the road. Cadillac has replaced the rear struts and the tires with Michelin primacys which helped the road noise quite a bit. I have asked the dealer to check the load leveling mechanism and or the magnetic ride control and they said they don't see issues with either of them. Iam so disappointed with this Cadillac that it has turned me off to there brand. The 2013 Cadillac xts has no premium ride to it all and im starting to realize that a chevy impala for which is the same platform. Rides better for a lot less cost and the only difference between the two of them is the xts has the nicer led exterior lighting. I have expected the flagship or top tier car for Cadillac to have a better and or not worst ride than a impala. I have contacted Cadillac customer care by telephone numerous amount of times and they just yes you to death with out doing a actual thing about the defect in the ride and handling of this car. Because Cadillac will not do a thing to rectify this I will just keep making my lease payments and when its done I will return the car to them and not go back to the Cadillac brand again
    bigtone likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

5.0 lsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium
    ;( so sad...

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Dissappointed with 2013 Cadillac Xts With Premium Trim Pkg

Quote Originally Posted by carguy69 View Post
    On September 2012 I leased a 2013 Cadillac xts with the premium trim pkg and the first few thousand miles were great but after that things started to go sour. The rid and handling of this car is a joke. The ride is harsh when going over bumps and she sways all over the road. Cadillac has replaced the rear struts and the tires with Michelin primacys which helped the road noise quite a bit. I have asked the dealer to check the load leveling mechanism and or the magnetic ride control and they said they don't see issues with either of them. Iam so disappointed with this Cadillac that it has turned me off to there brand. The 2013 Cadillac xts has no premium ride to it all and im starting to realize that a chevy impala for which is the same platform. Rides better for a lot less cost and the only difference between the two of them is the xts has the nicer led exterior lighting. I have expected the flagship or top tier car for Cadillac to have a better and or not worst ride than a impala. I have contacted Cadillac customer care by telephone numerous amount of times and they just yes you to death with out doing a actual thing about the defect in the ride and handling of this car. Because Cadillac will not do a thing to rectify this I will just keep making my lease payments and when its done I will return the car to them and not go back to the Cadillac brand again
    Hello carguy69,

I am sorry to hear that you feel this way in regard to your XTS Premium and that you are experiencing these concerns. I do see that you have contact our Customer Care team in the past and I apologize that they have not been able to assist you in addressing these concerns as well. I would be happy to look further into your file on your behalf if you would like. I wouldn’t be able to guarantee a difference resolution, but I would be happy to review your file. Please don’t hesitate to private message me with your VIN and file number if this is something that you would like me to do. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Stanman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS-4

It sure sounds like there are some defective suspension parts in your car, or perhaps improvements were made later in the production run. I have a 2013 XTS Premium that was manufactured in Oct. 2012. I've had the car since last July, and I have no complaints about the ride or handling. (My other car is a Corvette, so my standards in this department are fairly high.) My XTS has AWD, and perhaps there is a difference due to that as well. I particularly wonder if something is amiss with your Magnetic Ride Control shocks. These went bad on my 2005 Corvette (fluid leaked out), and it really ruined the ride. You said the dealer checked them, but you might want to get a second opinion.

slightlyserious is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS FWD Premium

I also have a 2013 XTS Premium, and I think it rides good. Well at least good for a modern car.Handles and stops good and the ride is pleasant. Ive posted before that I wish they still had a large car with a soft ride like the Caddy's of the 60's/70's. I know todays cars are safer, brake and handle better but I think their premium sedans(and I don't mean the trim level) should at least offer a version with an extra soft ride. They would still be safe in a crash, brake good, etc.

Zl700 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS-Vsport
    I have had my 2014 XTS-VSport Platinum for 7 or 8 weeks now and about to hit 3,000 miles. I'm very happy with the performance, ride and interior-no complaints. I knew getting the 20" wheels would contribute to the noise and rougher handling on bumps but that's to be expected. I live in the south with good roads, but had I lived in other areas, I'm sure I would have opted or changed to 18" for more tire sidewall.
    Having an AWD escalade with 18" and ridden in one with 22"s, appearance aside, I'm glad I have the 18"s for the ride quality.

Thats why I went with the FWD and 19"'s. I wanted to get as soft a ride as possible. I'm in NY and the roads especially after this winter look like the lunar landscape. The magnetic ride control also makes a difference. My usual drive style is leisurely. In poor weather conditions this winter I used the sport drive and it definitely adjusted how the car felt.

AZBLUECHIP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS
    My 2013 XTS Premium is a nice car but a big disappointment. I am sorry that I traded in my 2006 DTS. It was far more comfortable and user friendly. although I have driven Cadillacs for years it will probably be my last one

Azbluechip

The DTS was a very nice looking car but for me it looked a bit dated at least on the sides. The front and especially the back with the four chrome pipes it still looks real nice. I think the XTS looks better inside and out. But as far as the engine and ride? The DTS is better. They should have kept the Northstar and when it was ready gone to the new eight they are using in the Corvette, Silverado, Escalade. The DTS has a much smoother ride. As far as CUE, its ok. The dash looks very modern because of the lack of buttons and knobs. However I think its gimmicky and unnecessary. It is easier to just push a button or turn a knob. Sorry Cadillac. I saw a beautiful grey DTS the other day. If the DTS was still available along with the XTS more modern looks aside I would have bought the DTS
    Superjim, TulsaVic and Tom's Caddy like this.

roadking60455 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS VSport Platinum AWD

Just traded my '08 DTS Performance on a '14 XTS VSPort, hoping it will tide me over until the '16 LTS comes out. The XTS is too small. I am OK with the ride, but the trunk just barely fits a full size wheelchair and the back seat is difficult for someone with mobility issues to get in and out of. The CUE requires one to take their eyes off the road to see what they're selecting. A couple knobs for HVAC and radio would be wonderful...I've only had the XTS for a week and 450 miles. Soon I'll try out the full acceleration. The tested 0 - 50 times beats many of the older Corvette times, including some of the 427 powered ones. I may even have to take the XTS to the strip on a test and tune night to see what it does. (Just kidding)

Db1111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Xts
    I have a 2013 Cadillac XTS and I don't know what your talking about. I like the way my car rides. I think something is wrong with your car???

bigcaddyfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS-4 Premium

I have just got a 2013 XTS Premium with 2600 miles, and I have to agree. The ride is tolerable, but not that good.
    My previous 2002 SLS was way better. What convinced me to get the XTS was pass-though to trunk allowing 6 foot long stuff to go in easily, as well as hoped-for comfortable ride. I guess one out of two is not so bad!! I could have got an SRX if I'd wanted to sacrifice comfort!
    Also,if you don't care about the radio/entertainment features, the displays (especially the head-up) don't give much information at any one time. Cycling through the options is distracting. And how do you clean the touch screen - every time I wipe it, it scrambles the settings!

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Turn car off,when cleaning the screen. Problem solved.

bigcaddyfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS-4 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by ddawson View Post
    Turn car off,when cleaning the screen. Problem solved.
    Don't think I want to try that, especially on inter-state

Lizbill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTR White Diamond coat; 2000 DeVille. Sterling Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcaddyfan View Post
    Don't think I want to try that, especially on inter-state
    Do it when you make a pit stop, or get gas , etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.