Dissappointed with 2013 Cadillac Xts With Premium Trim Pkg - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Dissappointed with 2013 Cadillac Xts With Premium Trim Pkg in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Duhhhhh How smart we are not....
    flying fossil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Kinda Red XTS Premium

Re: Dissappointed with 2013 Cadillac Xts With Premium Trim Pkg

Duhhhhh
    How smart we are not.
    r34220 likes this.

AZBLUECHIP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Do any of your XTS's seem to stutter at low speeds? Feels like it is cutting out or transmission doesn't know what gear it is in. I have never had this issue with any other cars. I have a friend who also has a 2013 XTS and it does it as well. Dealer says it is normal. I might be able to accept it if it were a $15K car but not on an expensive one.

330GT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS, 2014 XTS-P

Quote Originally Posted by AZBLUECHIP View Post
    Do any of your XTS's seem to stutter at low speeds? Feels like it is cutting out or transmission doesn't know what gear it is in. I have never had this issue with any other cars. I have a friend who also has a 2013 XTS and it does it as well. Dealer says it is normal. I might be able to accept it if it were a $15K car but not on an expensive one.
    My early 13 XTS had the same hiccough. This was brought up last year and seemed to have been taken care with the overall software updates in April 2013. At that time, the dealer told me that the transmission software was also updated and it solved the problem on my 13. Now, on my new 14 XTS, when coming out of a turn, the transmission displays the same hesitance until it finds the right gear to shift into. What can I say......

Vette 2K1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): xts

I have to agree with some of the posts here. I have a 2014 XTS Platinum and the ride is barely tolerable. In fact, my Chevy Trailblazer has a better ride. In comparison to the XTS, my wife's Acura RLX is extremely quiet and smooth riding.
    r34220 likes this.

bigcaddyfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS-4 Premium

Does anyone have trouble with high idle? what I mean is car does not slow down as much as expected when I take my foot off the gas! Also the cruise control seems to allow +/- 4mph changes! Not particularly steep inclines either! It may actually be worse, but I chicken out at about 4mph change and apply brakes or throttle.

Randy35630 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1987 Cadillac Brougham, 2013 Honda Civic LX
    I recently tested a new top of the line Impala, and a $30K more expensive XTS. I was far more impressed with the ride quality and the handling and interior styling of the Impala.

Zl700 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS-Vsport
    I can understand the ride quality if you don't like to feel the road, but the interior? That I can't begin to understand how it could be considered nicer than a XTS platinum.
    C&C and r34220 like this.

Ardent is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS Premium

I've got a 2014 CTS and its one of the most comfortable cars I've driven. Have you test driven another XTS or 2014 CTS to see if the harsh ride is just on your car?

I actually test drove two of these when I bought mine, the first one I test drove had this knocking sound when I went over a speed bump so I asked for another car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.