Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CUE and iPod Classic problem

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  KingAlize 
#1 ·
I hope someone here can help me with this. I'm using an iPod Classic, updated with latest firmware (2.1). Whenever I start my car, the playback defaults to shuffle, e.g. after completing the current song, it skips to another random one. The shuffle setting is turned off on CUE and off on my iPod.

When I pick an artist and album it'll play through the album correctly, but only until the next time I unlock and start my car. Moreover, even if I browse with CUE, there's no "Now Playing" selection to re-pick the album without starting from scratch.

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 ·
Hi XTS Owner,

I am sorry for the difficulties you are experiencing with your CUE and I can understand how that must be frustrating. If you can PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information, I would be able to open a case file and reach out to my internal resources on your behalf.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

#3 ·
Having a similar issue with my brand new XTS. new iPod Classic connected via USB... choose a song in a playlist... song plays for some random amount of time and then re-boots the iPod. Am connected through the Aux input now but obviously not ideal as the safety and technology features of the car (CUE) were an important part of the decision to purchase. I previously had a 2014 CTS Coupe (RIP-totaled) that the iPod worked fine with. Any ideas? Thanks.

#4 ·
There is a CUE dedicated forum where you should/will get better support. Also, there is a known issue/problem with compatibility with CUE and iPod classic that has been covered in depth. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you're better off moving on to a different method of music storage as the classic isn't going to work. You're lucky you're only having the issue you mentioned. The majority of us have issues with the iPod locking up and becoming unusable until the battery dies or you have to hard reset it.

The 'fix' I was told my CUE support over the phone was 'disconnect the device every time I exit the vehicle as they confirmed incapability with the two systems'.

I'm running a 1TB external USB hard drive with no issues at all now. The Classic collects dust in a drawer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.