Is it possible to add "Driver Assist"?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Is it possible to add "Driver Assist"? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 2013 Platinum XTS. I really like the car overall. But the one option that I wanted but ...
    ptcummings is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Is it possible to add "Driver Assist"?

I have a 2013 Platinum XTS. I really like the car overall. But the one option that I wanted but wasn't in the car is "Driver Assist" to slow the car down when the cruise control is activated and the car in front of you slows down. I have "Driver Awareness" already which is ok.

So I was wondering if any Cadillac mechanic out there (or anyone else) knew if it could be practically added? This would only make sense our course if the car was basically "Driver Assist Ready" and you only needed to add the extra grill sensor/camera and connect it to electronics that were already there. I realize this is probably a long shot but you never know. (For the sake of this discussion, I'm not worried about violating any warranties.)

Thanks!
    Paul

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

XTSman Guest

Re: Is it possible to add "Driver Assist"?

I would like to know this too!

jeiler9865 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac technician
    I highly doubt it, and if it was the price would be too high. Most of this modules require a VIN to be ordered and most also are not available for purchase. I have tried stuff like this before and you will get so much resistance to it , it is not worth the effort. Plus if you were to install all of it, GM TECHLINE will NOT provide you a way to program it to your vehicle since , it was not built and optioned this way. Yes, when calling in to get an override program VCI number, they check every option you have from the vin on the vehicle you are working and if you give them the wrong one, they can tell by looking at the vehicle your connected to. Sorry to shot you down, it's just the way it is now.

Roxor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '14 XTS Vsport Platinum BDT/Ebony

I thought the Platinum model had the Driver Assist as standard.

ptcummings is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

From what I understand, Platinum in 2013 at least had "Driver Awareness" not "Driver Assist".

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by ptcummings
    From what I understand, Platinum in 2013 at least had "Driver Awareness" not "Driver Assist".
    2013 Platinum's had Driver Assist, and Adaptive Cruise Control came out later than initial rollout. I waited for ACC before I ordered mine. And I should have waited a year for the twin turbo and Intellibeam, and 2015 for messaging seats, and on it goes. Lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.