new owner
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, new owner in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, I have inherited an approximately one year old '13 xts, with 1800 miles. I have not taken delivery yet, ...
    lionary is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 xts

new owner

Hi,

I have inherited an approximately one year old '13 xts, with 1800 miles. I have not taken delivery yet, as the car is in another state and will be shipped to me next week, but I am guessing it's the Luxury model with few or no options, based on the fact that the car was purchased for approximately $50K. I was not really in the market for a new car, though our family could use one. I don't have a need for a full size car, as most of the time I am the sole occupant, and so usually drive a medium sized car; so this is not a car that I would have normally purchased if I were in the market for a new car. That said, the car is like new, seems like a good car, and has lost so much in depreciation (approx. $15K it seems), that at first blush it seems a shame to sell it or trade it in for a smaller car.

Any thoughts on whether it's worth selling or trading in this car for about $35K? Also, being a new model, has this car been prone to issues that require frequent trips to the dealer?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kennyxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 xtx

Re: new owner

New Owner, if you go on traderonline you will see them selling for over $40 k don't give the car away.

Kenny, your response is appreciated. Unfortunately, I priced the car on two websites and am getting pretty much the same price--Edmunds gives value of $36,774, and Kelley Blue Book of $36,393. So I was figuring $35K rounded. That's really why I was asking the question. 30% depreciation on what is basically a new car. Not sure what the reason is, maybe the car is not in demand. As you were saying, does seem like it's giving the car away.

Quote Originally Posted by lionary View Post
    Kenny, your response is appreciated. Unfortunately, I priced the car on two websites and am getting pretty much the same price--Edmunds gives value of $36,774, and Kelley Blue Book of $36,393. So I was figuring $35K rounded. That's really why I was asking the question. 30% depreciation on what is basically a new car. Not sure what the reason is, maybe the car is not in demand. As you were saying, does seem like it's giving the car away.
    All I can say is try finding one with that little mileage for 35k, won't happen. KBB doesn't even show the options that can be added to the XTS, I checked it out. I also believe that KBB won't let you enter any mileage under 3,000.
    Trust me, you will get 40k.

JoeGrapes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4

If it is the Luxury model it is by no means a stripped down car. It will have all the usual options you would expect a Cadillac to have. If you are going to sell the car yourself, $35000 is about what you will get. People will pay a much higher price to buy from a dealer. And a dealer will not give you more than that since they need to make money on the car and you can buy that car from a dealer lot right now for about $40000. Here is a good test. Go on E-Bay and check the listings. Be sure to check the actual auction ended listings so you can see what they really sold for.

corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

what state are you in?

Thanks, corvette00. Appreciate the follow up. Am in Florida.

----------

Thanks, Kenny, appreciate the follow-up.

----------

Thanks, Joe, appreciate the follow-up.

----------

Joe, yes, Ebay shows a 2013 Luxury with 4k miles being sold by a dealer for $35.6K. And I assume people would much rather purchase from a dealer (they claim includes "101 point inspection") than an individual.

I'll wait and see what to do when the car arrives. It sure seems hard to sell it or trade it in for this kind of price, so not sure I will do it.

thanks again

I'm in western NY. Ive bought and sold a lot of cars in my 45 years of driving. One thing that will get the price up maybe another 2 grand is if the car is AWD. Not so big down south but a real help in NY winters.

Joe, we'll see. Car is actually coming down from NY. Any thoughts on whether the xts owners on the forum, by and large, seem satisfied with the car overall, and would buy the car again knowing what they now know about it, whether with respect to reliability or with respect to the car's likelihood to be discontinued in the future?

lionary, most of the people that post on forums like this do so with problems they encounter so they can get help from other members. This is a good source of information from owners that have the same car. It would a wast of time if everyone posted that they love the car and have had no problems. Generally the people that do post have problems so don't think that everyone who has an XTS has problems. If you don't have problems you really have little reason to post. No matter what car you buy you shouldn't rely on consumer reports and road tests to much. Everyone's opinion is different. And the test results those reports get don't really make much difference to the average driver who just drives the car for transportation. No manufacture makes a bad car. Problems can happen with any car regardless of make and model. They are all mechanical and mechanical things fail from time to time. Just a fact of life. When you go to buy a car you should stand back and look at it. Do you like the way it looks both inside and out? Does it fit your needs? Is it the price you want to pay? Remember, if after looking at the car you like what you see, you will only dwell on the good things about the car. If you don't like what you see, you'll find everything wrong with it. My XTS4 is a year old with 27000 miles on it. I've had no problems at all with it and I still like it as much as I did when I bought it. There are a few little nit picky things with the CUE system but I would still buy the car again.

Lizbill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTR White Diamond coat; 2000 DeVille. Sterling Silver.

My XTS, except for some hiccups is the beginning has been trouble free. I would buy another if I need to.

Joe, thanks for your thoughtful post.

----------

Lizbill, glad to hear, and thank you.

----------

I received the car's paperwork, and it's apparently a Luxury model, with driver awareness package, navigation system, and compact spare. I guess I can't complain. Color is silver coast with shale/cocoa interior.

Sounds like a nice car lionary, enjoy!

Db1111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Xts

$37, 225 private party $39, 000 at a dealer

As I stated earlier most dealers are getting over 40k for your car, especially with no miles on it. Don't go by KBB as they don't allow for some of the options that you have or that low od mileage.

All anyone has to do is look at traderonline or visit any Cadillac dealers web site and see for yourself. You can always come down on your listed price, but not up, and if anyone is interested in your car they will try to get you to come down.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.