new owner - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, new owner in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; You are right kenny, dealers will always sell a car for top dollar. But a private seller will never get ...
    JoeGrapes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4

Re: new owner

You are right kenny, dealers will always sell a car for top dollar. But a private seller will never get what a dealer gets for the car. People will pay top dollar at a dealer for a car because it gives them some piece of mind. With a private seller you buy the car as is. And if you were to sell the car to the dealer he will never pay you what he car sell the car for. Also let's remember that asking price and selling price are two different things. But hey, for lionary's sake I hope you are right.

longslim is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have found out XTS brand doesn't have a big cache' with buyers. Here in Cally you see only German or Lexus very few Caddies so the buyer pool is much smaller and model awareness is miniscule. I have had so many people ask me what is that car or they called it a CTS. If you had a E350 or BMW531 even a Lexus ES350 you could sell it fairly easily to a private party. I'd consider trading it to a dealer for the car of your choice if you don't like the car. Another option is sell it to Car Max, they're very easy to work with. You bring in all the paper work they appraise it and cut you a check in less than two hours. I've done that twice and their buy it price was close but lower than KKB. It was better than the dealer trade in offer price. I took their check to dealership the same day and purchase the car I wanted. I'd forget selling this car to private party, it's not worth the time or expense or hassle. You'd need to keep it clean all the time. You have to market it broadly to reach that one buyer who could write you a $35k check. And that guy would probably be at the dealership for a buyer peace of mind. One other point a 2013 hit the market in 2012 two years age. I purchased in Sept 2012 paid $50k .I doubt I'd get more than $30/32.5k on a trade today. Last a 30% decline is very reasonable to me as most new car drop 15% when you drive off the lot.

lionary is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 xts

Thanks to all of you for your taking an interest, and your input. It's greatly appreciated. I will let you know what I do when I receive the car.

lionary is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 xts

Just wanted to follow-up and thank everyone again for their input. A couple of days before the car was shipped down to me from NY, I tried to get an offer from the dealership where the car had been purchased a year ago. As Divine Providence would have it, the used car sales manager had just started a couple of days before, was behind in returning calls, and by the time he called me back, the car was already on its way down to Florida. But before we became aware that the car had already been shipped, not having seen the car, at first he gave me a rough estimate of "$34K-$38K." But after he looked the car up in the computer and saw that there were apparently total dealer incentives of "$8K" on the 2013's, he said "mid-30's" would be the most he would be able to give. (It occurred to me at the time that if that's the case, I might want to wait a bit until the new 2013's are sold out, as then the used 2013's might revert to being a good deal vs. the new 2014's.) I note that he was really hot for the car though--he said so a few times; and when I looked up their used cars online, I noticed that they had no XTS's.

That said, after receiving the car, I was really taken by it--the exterior styling, the exterior and interior colors, the ride, the handling, the ease of acceleration, the quietness, the luxurious interior and amenities, the interior size--most everything. Yes, I would have preferred knobs to CUE--it probably does not help that the car did not come with its Ipad. The steering is super assisted, with seemingly no road feel, compared to the Acura sporty coupe that I normally drive which has really good steering feel, but I seem to have gotten used to it already, and even kind of enjoy the effortless feel at times, such as during turning maneuvers, such as when I have to go up and down and around the many floors of the circular parking garage of the building in which I work. It's hard to imagine I could buy something comparable for $35K (unless used). In addition, it seems to me that the deceased who left me his car most likely intended for me to use and enjoy the car, instead of selling it and pocketing the money. The money would be a one time gift and the giver would soon be out of mind. With the car however, I think about the giver almost whenever I get in the car.

So for the time being, I believe that I am going to keep the car and drive it and enjoy it as the deceased intended, and not think about selling it.

JoeGrapes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4

Glad you like your XTS. I felt the same way when I test drove mine. I've had it now for about 8 months and still feel the same. I have a friend of a friend that always drove BMW and switched to the XTS and loves it. You get a different feeling when you drive a Caddy. I ride motorcycles and have had 6 different Jap bikes before I got my first Harley. You get a feeling when riding a Harley that you don't get with any other bike. You know that old saying when describing something that's top of the line? Well it isn't, "That's the BMW of........." LOL

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.