Intermittent VOMIT like smell
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Intermittent VOMIT like smell in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; There is an intermittent smell upon startup from the front passenger vent. It is there sometimes and absent other times. ...
    Zharkov is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): xts

Intermittent VOMIT like smell

There is an intermittent smell upon startup from the front passenger vent. It is there sometimes and absent other times. Of course dealer could not replicate. They said they checked for anything that could cause an odor but did not see any problem.

It smells like vomit- not mold or musty smell.

Any suggestions?

Car is a 2013 XTS.

Smell disappears after a few minutes.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bejaip is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Re: Intermittent VOMIT like smell

I have had this issue well mine is like mold. The told me they would have to replace the cabin filter and it would cost me 170 dollars because of the placement. I thought this was covered under bumper to bumper or under the 50,000 mile regular maintenance. Yalls thoughts?

dreiloft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    Quote Originally Posted by Bejaip
    I have had this issue well mine is like mold. The told me they would have to replace the cabin filter and it would cost me 170 dollars because of the placement. I thought this was covered under bumper to bumper or under the 50,000 mile regular maintenance. Yalls thoughts?
    The cabin filter is covered under warranty and should be replaced every year.

The told me it would be 170 dollars to get that fixed and that it wasn't covered under warranty

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Zharkov View Post
    There is an intermittent smell upon startup from the front passenger vent. It is there sometimes and absent other times. Of course dealer could not replicate. They said they checked for anything that could cause an odor but did not see any problem.

It smells like vomit- not mold or musty smell.

Any suggestions?

Car is a 2013 XTS.

Smell disappears after a few minutes.

Thanks
    Hello Zharkov,

I apologize that you are experiencing this smell in your XTS and that the dealership wasn’t able to replicate the concern. I do see that you stated that this happens upon start up intermittently. I would like to reach out to the dealership and speak with them further regarding this concern. Could you private message me with your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership that you have been working with? If you are unable to private message me, you can also reach me through email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject as well. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to further discuss your concern. I hope to hear back from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bejaip View Post
    Hello Bejaip,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern as well. If you would like me to reach out to dealership to confirm this information and speak with them further about this concern, please feel free to reach out to me via private message. I cannot guarantee a different outcome, but I would be happy to research this further on your behalf. I will be sure to be on the lookout for your future messages.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

gator2305 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I had a vehicle that had the same symptoms. The smell was terrible. The drain line from the A/C evaporator someone got clogged or stopped up. They cleared the drain line and used a chemical to flush the area and remove the smell. Good luck on getting your problem resolved. I don't think I would be paying $170.00 to replace a filter.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

You are correct, the cabin air filter is covered under your Cadillac Shield maintenance.... at least mine is.

RosalieB is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just emailed my cadillac dealership about the same problem. I noted the smell and what I've read on the forum.. I will get back when I've heard from them. Thanks for the info that has been previously posted.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by RosalieB View Post
    I just emailed my cadillac dealership about the same problem. I noted the smell and what I've read on the forum.. I will get back when I've heard from them. Thanks for the info that has been previously posted.
    Hi RosalieB,

I apologize for the unpleasant smell you are experiencing in your XTS and I understand how aggravating that must be. I see you have already sent an email to your dealership, but I would like to offer additional assistance. If you would like me to also reach out to the dealership on your behalf, please PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

My dealership replaced my cabin air filter which now they are saying it is covered under warranty and I think they flushed the ac and also check a few other things. Seems to be good so far

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE
    Mmmmmm vomit......

RosalieB is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I think I've pm'd you. Regarding the air filter replacement for the smell in the cabin.
    Thanks for your help in this matter.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.