XTS Recall for Possible Fires
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS Recall for Possible Fires in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just so everyone knows. There's a recall for 2013-14 Cadillac XTS cars for a possible defect that could result in ...
    RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

XTS Recall for Possible Fires

Just so everyone knows. There's a recall for 2013-14 Cadillac XTS cars for a possible defect that could result in a fire:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/classi...,5695324.story

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TomD1951 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Re: XTS Recall for Possible Fires

Thanks Rocky, just saw it on the news here in Jax. Guess I'll call my dealer tomorrow.

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

I am glad they came up with a solution to the brakes. This should solve the squeal as well.

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

I think the brake squeal and the corrosion issue aren't related, but we'll see. From what I read, the recall doesn't have anything to do with the brake pads. I called my dealership today, and the rep said that not every VIN is involved, and in any case, he won't know for a couple of weeks what the recall details are. So, I'm hoping my XTS doesn't go up in flames in the garage, although the walls are supposedly fire resistant. Not looking to test the theory! :-)

Db1111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Xts
    Where are the Cadillac help people concerning the XTS recall? I don't see anyone of them telling us what to do, but if you ask a general question they want you vin number and want to call your dealership before they answer your question. No where to be found.......lol

TomD1951 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

They are probably getting their ducks in a row, GM has been hit with a fair number of recalls lately.
    My dealer said if my XTS was involved I would get notification from OnStar or GM before the dealer would get it.

XTS sedans manufactured between February 14, 2012 to March 7, 2014.

longslim is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Isn't that all that have been manufactured?

Quote Originally Posted by longslim View Post
    Isn't that all that have been manufactured?
    63, 903 vehicles involved....
    Most likely...

gator2305 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    My XTS has a manufacture date of November 2012. It is parked in a home attached garage so I am concerned when the word "Fire" is mentioned. I also do not expect to receive a "Recall Notification" from Cadillac. I base this on never receiving anything on the "Cue Update". I thought I would wait a couple of weeks and then call my Dealer and see if Cadillac has started a recall.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello everyone,

I wanted to offer our assistance. If you would like to further discuss this and check if your vehicle is associated with this recently released recall, please send us a private message. In the message include your full contact information and VIN. We are more than happy to answer any questions and concerns you may have and assist you throughout the process of working with your dealership.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Meddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I received a call yesterday to bring my brand new, less than a week in my posession, XTS in for the recall. I asked the service rep if they didn't know of this problem when they were builing my car less than 3 weeks ago and she said she wasn't sure. Sounds odd to me!

gator2305 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Manufacturer: General Motors LLC

SUMMARY:

General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Cadillac XTS vehicles manufactured February 14, 2012, through March 7, 2014. In the affected vehicles, a cavity plug on the brake booster pump connector may dislodge allowing corrosion of the brake booster pump relay connector.

CONSEQUENCE:

The corrosion of the brake booster pump relay connector may cause a resistive short and melt the connector, increasing the risk of a fire.

REMEDY:

GM will notify owners, and dealers will apply sealant to the connector cavity plugs, re-route the vacuum pump vent hose and replace the front body wiring harnesses as needed, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Cadillac at 1-866-982-2339. GM's number for this recall is 14062.

NOTES:

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
    Request Research

kennyxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 xtx

Got my notice yesterday.

musvlehead is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ironically i logged on to start a thread about this recall so thank you for posting!! I never received a notice i just found out an hour ago, had to take the car in for tire rotation oil change and key fob programming as i was at the service station Brad the service manger blurts out and BTW i have to fix the brake booster there is recall that can start a fire lol....I'm like okkkkkkk thanks for looking out...pretty important recall so make sure you XTS owners hurry into service....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.