XTS Recall for Possible Fires - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS Recall for Possible Fires in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have an XTS manufactured in Oct. 2012, so it should be involved in the recall. But I have received ...
    Stanman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS-4

Re: XTS Recall for Possible Fires

I have an XTS manufactured in Oct. 2012, so it should be involved in the recall. But I have received no notice, and when I check the "Manage My Brand - Cadillac" web page for my car, it says there are "0 recalls" for my vehicle. It's also still displaying last month's OnStar diagnostic report, even though I got a new one several days ago. Why does GM not keep this up to date?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello Stanman,

I apologize for any inconvenience and would like the opportunity to further discuss your questions and concerns. Please feel free to send us a private message that includes your full contact information and VIN. We are more than happy to assist the best we can.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

thegabbycat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Cadillac and my dealership have already taken care of me! The solution was applied to my vehicle on Wednesday. The fix is not complicated and does not take long.

kennyxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 xtx

I got my notice this week and now I find out that I have a recall on my HHR also.

christinediane is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Hello I have a 2013 xts. How do I know if it has a recall. Just bought the car last week. Thank you

Db1111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Xts

XTS models manufactured between February 14, 2012 to March 7, 2014 are involved.
    Check your date of manufacture.

christinediane is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thank you very much.

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

Going in for the big recall tomorrow. Haven't received a letter from Cadillac yet, but the notification did pop up on the monthly Onstar report, so I called the dealership. In an email, the advisor said if everything is ok, the fix is quick. If it has the problem, it will take about 5 hours and parts will need to be ordered. So, I presume from what he has said that not every call will need exactly the same amount of work. I'll update here once I have a description, if anyone's interested.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello RockvilleXTS,

I am glad you were able to get in contact with your dealership to set up a date for them look at your vehicle associated with the recall. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send us a private message to further discuss your situation or additional questions and concerns you may have.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum
    The recall fix was quite painless. I arrived at 9:30, and was out by 11:00. Upon arrival, I was told that my car might not need the repair, and if not, then just some minor adjustments and lube would be enough and take very little time. If the repair had been necessary, then parts would have had to be ordered, and a 5 hour repair would have been necessary. I was spared the latter. Not knowing, I did get the Enterprise rental (also painless, and an ATS, which was interesting to try). Only drove the ATS around the block once to get a feel for it since my car was ready so quickly. (Sorry for the unnecessary rental, Cadillac!) All in all, if recalls are necessary, this was a great experience. Also had a great chat with the sales manager who always takes the time to talk about my car needs. Looking forward to the "ranger-topper" coming soon, although I do love my Platinum '13 XTS.

slightlyserious is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS FWD Premium

I brought mine in last week. It takes about one hour for the fix. Painless experience. I also asked the service rep about the flagship coming. He said its going to be out in about two years. he also said the XTS is not going to be discontinued.

dreiloft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    Took mine in today (received recall last week on my 2014 XTS) went across the street for lunch and a brew and it was done before I was done eating. Thirty minutes.

kingair3737 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

XTS Recall for Possible Fires

Took mine in today. Problem fixed, oil changed, tires rotated, etc. in less than an hour.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Lizbill is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTR White Diamond coat; 2000 DeVille. Sterling Silver.

Me to. Cup a jave, read the paper, done. Got a free car wash on top of iit.

TomD1951 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Got mine done yesterday, no problems seen. The dealership said that they had looked at almost 200 units and had not seen a single problem.
    Got to drive a loaded SRX, and tho it was nice i still prefer my XTS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.