Voice Command for calling contacts not working in my XTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Voice Command for calling contacts not working in my XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm reaching out to XTS owners to see if anyone has had problems with the voice command not fully working ...
    angela1113 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Voice Command for calling contacts not working in my XTS

I'm reaching out to XTS owners to see if anyone has had problems with the voice command not fully working in their car? I am connected to bluetooth, but every time I try to call on of my contacts, by name, the system doesn't recognize the contact. I always get the response "contact unknown" or "your voice command has ended". I thought maybe I wasn't saying the names clearly, so I had my daughter say the contact name, and it still didn't work. The only way I can call one of my contacts using the voice command is to say "call and the telephone number", then the call will go through. I've taken to the dealership twice, and they said it was fixed, but it's not.

Is there anyone who knows a fix for this? Thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Voice Command for calling contacts not working in my XTS

Let's move this from the Site Registration problems forum to the correct XTS discussion forums. Please read the descriptive text in each forum title bar to find out what is supposed to be posted there. Also, you might want to read the sticky threads in each forum you visit - timeless information.

You might find information on your question in Discussions, Item Specific - the CUE forum.

Welcome to CF !!!

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by angela1113
    I'm reaching out to XTS owners to see if anyone has had problems with the voice command not fully working in their car? I am connected to bluetooth, but every time I try to call on of my contacts, by name, the system doesn't recognize the contact. I always get the response "contact unknown" or "your voice command has ended". I thought maybe I wasn't saying the names clearly, so I had my daughter say the contact name, and it still didn't work. The only way I can call one of my contacts using the voice command is to say "call and the telephone number", then the call will go through. I've taken to the dealership twice, and they said it was fixed, but it's not. Is there anyone who knows a fix for this? Thanks,
    I shouldn't reply until I can get in the car and confirm (and the car is in the garage for ANOTHER snow storm, and not going out), but I believe there is a setting somewhere in the phone settings that chooses between contacts stored in CUE and contacts on your phone. If that's the case, check that out and see if you can select your phone. Hopefully, you have a compatible phone. I have an iPhone 5, and have no problems calling with voice recognition. Next time I'm in the car, I'll see if I can find that setting (if you haven't located it). Another solution might be to un-pair your phone, and re-pair it with the car. Make sure you allow your contacts to be uploaded. That might do the trick as well.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Voice Command for calling contacts not working in my XTS

Quote Originally Posted by angela1113 View Post
    I'm reaching out to XTS owners to see if anyone has had problems with the voice command not fully working in their car? I am connected to bluetooth, but every time I try to call on of my contacts, by name, the system doesn't recognize the contact. I always get the response "contact unknown" or "your voice command has ended". I thought maybe I wasn't saying the names clearly, so I had my daughter say the contact name, and it still didn't work. The only way I can call one of my contacts using the voice command is to say "call and the telephone number", then the call will go through. I've taken to the dealership twice, and they said it was fixed, but it's not.

Is there anyone who knows a fix for this? Thanks,
    Hi Angela1113,

Welcome to the community! RockvilleXTS had some great feedback for you below. If you require additional information I would be happy to help. Please send me a PM with your VIN and contact information and I can discuss your voice recognition concerns with you. If the PM does not work, please email me at socialmedia@gm.com and include “Attention: Austin” in the subject line.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by angela1113
    I'm reaching out to XTS owners to see if anyone has had problems with the voice command not fully working in their car? I am connected to bluetooth, but every time I try to call on of my contacts, by name, the system doesn't recognize the contact. I always get the response "contact unknown" or "your voice command has ended". I thought maybe I wasn't saying the names clearly, so I had my daughter say the contact name, and it still didn't work. The only way I can call one of my contacts using the voice command is to say "call and the telephone number", then the call will go through. I've taken to the dealership twice, and they said it was fixed, but it's not. Is there anyone who knows a fix for this? Thanks,
    This may help, but whenever I speak to a computer, I try to speak it like they do.

I would listen to how it speaks and try to speak the same way.

That sounds ridiculous as the systems supposed to have you speak naturally, but it works much of the time for me!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.